Fish & Chips

tiamaria0405

anyone know how many calories in fish and chips - regular portion from chip shop?

Please xxxx

:confused:

I wouldn't have a clue I'm afraid, hopefully someone will know as I wouldn't mind knowing myself x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've seen between 6-700 on MFP so I'd put 700.

I've seen guesstimates online for anything up to 1400 for a large battered cod and chips. if it's a regular portion and not a minifish special then I think your looking at closer to 1100 than 700 I'm afraid :( the batter just holds so much of the frying oil!!

Id trust legomom :) I don't eat fish so mine was purely on what I saw rather than knowing how oily it is.

Freaky, was looking at this earlier as wife is out this evening and I have to fend for myself.

Decided to pop to the shops and grill a fish instead :D

http://www.mirror.co.uk/life-style/dieting/2008/07/03/your-healthy-guide-to-takeaway-food-115875-20629920/

From the article.

Fish & chips
Portions are often huge and nearly everything is deep fried. Batter adds more calories to fish, chicken and sausages so ditch some of it or opt for healthier, unbattered alternatives such as grilled fish or roast chicken.
Easy ways to slash the baddies
Halve your portions - a large portion of battered cod and chips contains a massive 1,385 calories and 77g of fat, whereas a small portion contains 685 calories and 38g of fat.
Choose cod or haddock rather than plaice or rock as they're lower in calories and fat - a small battered haddock is 280 calories; cod, 295 calories; plaice, 385 calories; and rock, 445.
Before eating, empty your fish and chips on to kitchen paper and dab to remove excess grease.
Serve your fish and chips with mushy peas or baked beans - they're low in fat and packed with fibre to help fill you up.
Skip extras like curry sauce, gravy and white bread and butter. They just add extra calories to a meal that's already loaded with them.
Instead of...
Large battered rock with large chips, gravy and 2 slices of bread and butter: 1,920 calories, 115g fat
Order...
Small battered haddock with small chips and mushy peas: 770 calories, 39g fat
Save: 1,150 calories, 76g fat

i had a small fish n half portion of chips so no too bad then did 45 mins on wii doing dancing n boxing

Back