Extra Easy fish everyday??

fatbgone

I hadn't realised that many types of fish are speedfood..!

I'm going to try and have a type of fish everyday for one meal and see if it makes a difference. The only fish I have is Coley and tuna! But it'll do hehe.

Apologies if this has been asked before (I searched but couldn't find any threads) but has anyone tried this before, how has it affected your weight loss?

I'm 3lb from my 3 and half stone award and really want to kick start my losses (still have a way to go yet)

Will it actually help.. hmmm! Day 3 anyway, had tuna in jacket with a huge salad Tuesday for lunch and last night coley baked with mixed veg and potato. Lunch today I'm thinking of having coley with wholegrain rice and making a superfree tomato sauce.

donna88 said:
I've not known anyone have fish everyday, but I know having a lot of fish does help losses, chicken is also a speed food though

Ooo is it? Fab.. I've had tuna for lunch, I am having spag bol tonight tho hehe. But just going to see if I eat fish once everyday if it helps my losses, tonight is my first and last meal with red meat for the week ..

fatbgone said:
I hadn't realised that many types of fish are speedfood..!

I'm going to try and have a type of fish everyday for one meal and see if it makes a difference. The only fish I have is Coley and tuna! But it'll do hehe.

Apologies if this has been asked before (I searched but couldn't find any threads) but has anyone tried this before, how has it affected your weight loss?

I'm 3lb from my 3 and half stone award and really want to kick start my losses (still have a way to go yet)

Will it actually help.. hmmm! Day 3 anyway, had tuna in jacket with a huge salad Tuesday for lunch and last night coley baked with mixed veg and potato. Lunch today I'm thinking of having coley with wholegrain rice and making a superfree tomato sauce.

How did you get on in WI fatbgone?

Ooo is it? Fab.. I've had tuna for lunch, I am having spag bol tonight tho hehe. But just going to see if I eat fish once everyday if it helps my losses, tonight is my first and last meal with red meat for the week ..

Yeah, I only found out the other day in group!

Let us know how your WI goes :)

Aww I lost 1 and half. Bit dissatisfied as I have so much to loose but did start exercising last week so hoping it nay show next week, I'm having fish again once a day..

I'll let you know monday :)

There's nothing wrong with a ''small'' loss (I say ''small'' as to some people 1 1/2 is actually a big one) all losses add up and at least its going in the right direction :)

Good luck for Monday

donna88 said:
There's nothing wrong with a ''small'' loss (I say ''small'' as to some people 1 1/2 is actually a big one) all losses add up and at least its going in the right direction :)

Good luck for Monday

Yep I agree. I guess I read the other thread for fishy week and she lost 8lb so I assumed I'd have a big loss! Never mind I'm hoping it'll show next WI :)

I have had a fishy first week. I have done slimming world a few times, though this is the first week of my new start. I lost 8.5lb, so it does work. I find it costly though.

lindshster said:
I have had a fishy first week. I have done slimming world a few times, though this is the first week of my new start. I lost 8.5lb, so it does work. I find it costly though.

I'm doing a fish week this week, and definitely agree its not the cheapest! If I lose well on it will have to do every 3 months or so and then it'll be fish I've found on offer and stuck in the freezer ready for it!

You can buy some fish quite cheap, I found frozen salmon in asda for £3 for 6, they were on 2 for £5 as well(there were two types one had bones DO NOT go for that one, my boyfriend bought that by mistake once and they were awful) or Morrisons do £3 for 4 bigger ones.

You can get cod and haddock cheap in most supermarkets and farm foods as well

I am working on the principle that I want to eat good quality food. I need to get 6stone off and I have accepted that I need to spend money to do it enjoyably. In the past I have spent loads of money on stuff like Mullers and Alpen lights and snacks to have in. I have decided I would rather eat fresh clean food. I like to have salmon slightly undercooked and tuna seared. I wouldn't want to do this with frozen food. I say this now but in 2 weeks I'll have become lazy again and be chowing down on pasta in sauces....

Aww I lost 1 and half. Bit dissatisfied as I have so much to loose but did start exercising last week so hoping it nay show next week, I'm having fish again once a day..

I'll let you know monday :)

With exercise you can end up with small losses, maintains and even slight gains in the first 2-3 weeks of starting to exercise due to water retention in the muscles. I found this out, but don't be disheartened. Since that first few weeks passed the smallest loss I've had was 3lb and the biggest was 5lb.

Back