Fitbit Exercise Calories Question

Pinkemi

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find the answer to it. :/

I have my fitbit linked to MFP so that they calories link across and exercise alike.

I have been doing the 30D shred dvd but haven't been wearing my fitbit when I do it. After the workout I am then logging the exercise on MFP. Is this right?

It seems to jump my calories and steps RIGHT up. Is it doubling up the exercise? How can I find out if it is?

Pinkemi said:
Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find the answer to it. :/

I have my fitbit linked to MFP so that they calories link across and exercise alike.

I have been doing the 30D shred dvd but haven't been wearing my fitbit when I do it. After the workout I am then logging the exercise on MFP. Is this right?

It seems to jump my calories and steps RIGHT up. Is it doubling up the exercise? How can I find out if it is?

Hey lovely,

I had the exact same question before - I think there is a thread called 'fitbit users'.

I think that is fine as you log EVERYTHING on MFP but I was told to wear the fitbit while doing the exercise and register it on MFP. I thought that this was doubling up on cals but it doesn't as when you check the fitbit site, you can see that it has registered your exercise and takes it into account xxx hth

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

But yesterday it told me that I had climbed 27 flights of stairs and burnt over 2,500 calories when I cant have done! I most def didnt climb 27 flights of stairs. :-/

Ive just had a look at my profile and between the time of 6-622 (where I logged my dvd workout) I have a sudden surge in steps and also flights of stairs... So i guess it's Fitbit's way of calculation the calories? Is that right?

Sorry... im baffled! But I will start wearing my fitbit when I do the dvd just to see the difference.

Ive just had a look at my profile and between the time of 6-622 (where I logged my dvd workout) I have a sudden surge in steps and also flights of stairs... So i guess it's Fitbit's way of calculation the calories? Is that right?

Sorry... im baffled! But I will start wearing my fitbit when I do the dvd just to see the difference.

I'm not sure why there would be a surge in stairs climbed unless it was part of your workout?! I'm sure I've read it can sense when you have climbed up to a new height - I'm not 100% on that though, but I'm sure it's something I've read on here!
Yes, I would try wearing the fitbit whilst you exercise, register the exercise on mfp and then wait til the next day as it reconfigures everything at midnight and hopefully it might make a bit of sense! I do this and it does seem to take the exercise I've logged on mfp into account - but it's not until the next day that you can see the correct 'fitbit calorie adjustment' which shows on mfp.

I must admit, it is a little confusing! What I tend to do is look on the fitbit dashboard on the website after logging all my food for the day on mfp and then it says whether you're in the goal zone or not for the amount of food you've eaten that day. I'm sorry if I've confused you further, but as I said before, if you look for the thread on here 'fitbit users' - it may give you more of an idea on how it all works!

Have a look on mfp for yesterday and check the mfp 'fitbit calorie adjustment' part - does it look right? xxx

Well I wore my fitbit last night when I did my 30D Shred and then logged it on MFP and it still came up with the same results... 27 flights of stairs! Guess it's just their way of working out how many calories I have burned. *Shrug* :)

Back