Flabby Skin :(

Jane1803

Trying hard to get there!
I have battled long and hard to lose 7 stone over the past 2 years and I have reached a plateau point (more mental than physical I am sure) with still 4 stone at least to go.

My huge problem is that the flabby skin is not going away and I still cannot fit into the right size smaller clothes because of it, mainly the tummy area.

I exercise regularly, gym routine 3 times a week, swim twice a week and do aqua classes as well so I am doing all I can to tone it up.

I am now reaching the point of giving up as nothing seems to be working and i am getting very low about it all.

Any words of encouragement / advice would be appreciated. Will it ever zoom back into place or at least diminish or will I forver look like this?

I know I should be positive and proud over what I have already achieved but I just feel so disappointed that I still can't wear nice stuff etc and look odd. How vain do I sound.....

I totally understand how you feel. I've had 2 c-sections and have this big overhang that looks and feels horrible :( I've lost 3 stone since my last pregnancy but still have about 3 to go. I can't see that any amount of running and sit ups is going to get rid of it. I was going to start looking up tummy tucks.....now that's vain!!!!!

If you go to the gym is there a friendly instructor there that you can ask if specific exercises will help?? Sorry I can't offer any advice but just wanted to say I totally empathise and would also love to hear from any that's been through this too x

I totally understand how you feel. I've had 2 c-sections and have this big overhang that looks and feels horrible :( I've lost 3 stone since my last pregnancy but still have about 3 to go. I can't see that any amount of running and sit ups is going to get rid of it. I was going to start looking up tummy tucks.....now that's vain!!!!!

If you go to the gym is there a friendly instructor there that you can ask if specific exercises will help?? Sorry I can't offer any advice but just wanted to say I totally empathise and would also love to hear from any that's been through this too x

I have asked in the gym and all the young fit staff assure me it will go with time, anything up to 2 years, and that i should eat goji berries. I have tried eating the berries but that did nothing for me and I can't help feeling that my skin is way too old and flabby to ever shrink back in again - sorry to sound so negative.
A lady who has lost 8 stone and is about 30 years old came to class one day to give us an inspirational talk and even she said that she cannot be seen without her magic underwear!!! x

What do goji berries do then?
Having lost a lot of weight I hate my body more now than I did before in some ways but thats probably because I pay more attention to it not just because of the sags and bags etc
Can understand why you are down about it but sounds like you are doing all the right things to minimise things.
As hard as it is try and focus on the good things about losing weight because there are lots xx

I posted this in the 'Off Topic' forum a few days ago & wandering if 'my miracle' find will help here! I use BioOil on my neck following a cervical discectomy, so initially for the scar. However, I was rubbing it all over my chest as well & noticed that all the lines (probably sun damage) have gone & the skin is a lot firmer! Im now lathering it all over my face at night as well now, in vain hope it will help with the laughter lines/wrinkles!
So, would this help with the skin tone in other areas......I cant see why not, as hydrated toned skin (which has happened to my neck/chest) is certainly better looking.
Just a thought ladies & well worth a try........all else fails try 'scary holdy in pants'!!!! :)

I have seen this a lot on programs where people lose a lot of weight. Some people have skin that is not elastic (me included!) and it just doesn't spring back, but magic knickers to hold it in help.

If it is a really uncomfortable amount of overhang, then you could see your GP and ask about being referred for tummy tuck, but its rare they do them nowadays. I could do with one, and know when i lose all my weight I will need one even more (have about 5st more to go, so 7st in total or so) but i would be too scared to go and have anything done, so I have decided I will just have to learn to live with it and tone up as much as possible.

*huge hugs*

I know its disheartening, but just think how much healthier your body is and how much longer you will live, it is so worth it

xxxx

If it helps I had a friend with the same problem and it did eventually go it just took a while x

I have seen this a lot on programs where people lose a lot of weight. Some people have skin that is not elastic (me included!) and it just doesn't spring back, but magic knickers to hold it in help.

If it is a really uncomfortable amount of overhang, then you could see your GP and ask about being referred for tummy tuck, but its rare they do them nowadays. I could do with one, and know when i lose all my weight I will need one even more (have about 5st more to go, so 7st in total or so) but i would be too scared to go and have anything done, so I have decided I will just have to learn to live with it and tone up as much as possible.

*huge hugs*

I know its disheartening, but just think how much healthier your body is and how much longer you will live, it is so worth it

xxxx
Thank you! I am ok most of the time but I think the fast-approaching 50th (Sunday!) is making me more hormonal than usual... I have thought about the surgery route and I suppose if / when I get to target if all else fails then I can look into it more. It is so annoying having to wear 18 /20's which are all baggy in the leg / butt just to hoik the tum in :) Lovely picture I know!!!

That's what I worry about too.

I have over 6 stone to loose and I wonder what's going to happen to the over stretched skin as I wouldn't be able to afford to have any removal.

x

Sorry to come with the same answer. I lost 5st when I was 50+ and as I would never have a full length mirror in the house and never actually saw the excess skin until we were staying at someone elses house. I cried for hours and asked everywhere how to get rid of it - well it is still there and I have got used to it - you will, honestly.

=

WoW! 7 stone thats amazing you should b very proud as for flabby bits keep fighting it, it will take time and a bit of dedication im afraid some people ping back quicker all to do with muscle memory so keep working those muscles i usually youtube an exercise for what ever part of my body i want to work on more and find an exercise that suits me Good Luck Keep Fighting X

I've lost almost 7 stone & have a substantial overhang. I'd rather have this though than be morbidly obese like I was.

I'm hoping by the time I loose the next 2.5 stone & get to target it will have shrunk a bit but I think it will always be a problem even though I go to the gym lots.

I know how you feel though, I think I could almost drop a dress size minus this apron!

I must say this is something thats been playing on my mind as i am fully committed to losing my wieght now and happy with the SW plan.

BUT, i have about 10 stone to lose in total and that worries me that i will be left with a horrible saggy belly and other bits, and im seriously considering dousing myself in moisturiser every night to try to keep my skin elastic however i am only 1st into my 10 journey so i am hoping this will do me some good

anyone else tried this during your weight loss?

I tried everything - moisturisers - gym 5 days a week - swimming etc.....
It has to do with your age as well - the older you are the less inclined your skin is to "shrink".
Remember the guy called Charlie who did his weight reduction with the help of Chris Steele This Morning TV programmes doctor - he did everything the right way but the excess skin upset him. I believe he had an op to take it away.
It is a fact of weight reduction - excess skin - but better that than excess weight.

Paul_Farnham_uk said:
I must say this is something thats been playing on my mind as i am fully committed to losing my wieght now and happy with the SW plan.

BUT, i have about 10 stone to lose in total and that worries me that i will be left with a horrible saggy belly and other bits, and im seriously considering dousing myself in moisturiser every night to try to keep my skin elastic however i am only 1st into my 10 journey so i am hoping this will do me some good

anyone else tried this during your weight loss?

So why jojoba oil?

Jojoba oil is very similar to sebum

What makes it so unique compared to other seed oils is that jojoba oil is structurally and chemically very similar to the human sebum produced by the sebaceous glands in our skin because sebum is also largely comprised of wax mono esters. In most cases, it can act as a substitute while giving similar or added benefits compared to sebum. This property will be discussed further throughout the site.

Im starting to notice it now, Ive lost just over 8 stone and its starting to 'hang' on the front of my legs, its weird, they just look wrinkly and a bit loose. I expect my tummy and arms etc will start to look like that a bit soonish :( In theory I still have about 9 stone to go, but Im not expecting to ever do that, but it gives an iodea how much more skin is likely to be hanging. But at the end of the day my life is massively better than it was a year ago in so many ways due to the weight loss, so I can handle some loose skin :)

Thank you! I am ok most of the time but I think the fast-approaching 50th (Sunday!) is making me more hormonal than usual... I have thought about the surgery route and I suppose if / when I get to target if all else fails then I can look into it more. It is so annoying having to wear 18 /20's which are all baggy in the leg / butt just to hoik the tum in :) Lovely picture I know!!!

If it's your tummy that is the problem have you thought about buying maternity trousers for the time being? They will be more fitted in the leg and bum but allow more room in the belly.

You could always get them mail order if you feel uncomfortable in shops, or just say you are getting them for someone else.

I know this doesn't solve your problem but it might help you to feel better about the way you look in clothes.

i still have a long way to go, but already worrying about skin, and as i am now 50 shh, i realise it will be a problem, but a friend said to me "you dont see people dying because of loose skin" which although is true doesnt stop us worrying. especially after you have all done so well in getting thinner and healthy, have heard that it can take two years to recover but as i have been overweight for so long im not banking on it!

Back