Flap Jacks...... OMG

lalala

Hi all,

So i've just had my week 3 weigh in and have lost just over a stone.... so im dead chuffed with myself!!

I really miss actually eating food though and my tummy rumbles everytime my partner cooks food for him and our little boy - so I asked to have some flap jacks this week. I got two of each - peanut and coconut.

So - i've read a few posts about how horrible they are and the lady at the chemist told me about how nasty they are. But no one has actually described what they taste like........

They are about the size of two digestive biscuits put together, with either crushed up peanuts or coconut along with a teaspoons worth of SALT! added.

Now - i rekon i might give the peanut one another chance, because they are meant to be salty...... but coconut..... no!!

I'd be interested to know if anyone has any suggestions about how to make them palatable.... or if i should just give up???

erm when i did LT last time i made up a hot cup of black tea (litterally dipped the tea bag in for no more than 5secs other wise it was too strong) then i broke little bits off a coconut flapjack placed onto a spoon, dunked in tea for a couple secs and it became more palatable than eating normally :)

Im on week five, and still cant get hold of flap jacks due to packaging issues! Something to do with mould being found on them. Im wondering if this is actually true. It would be nice to be able to chew on something. The shakes are getting worse every day, and now I only have the chocolate one, which I have to throw down my neck as fast as I can, then try to think happy thoughts to stop me from heaving. Doh!

MAKE PORRIDGE WITH THEM! LMAO!

It's what I did this morning, I'm on week 6 and it's the first I've had them so my taste buds have adapted methinks.

I mix half a vanilla shake in the teeniest cold water possible. Crumble half a FJ into a bowl, mix the two and top up with boiled water and throw in a sweetener. Not everyone will like it but I LURVED it. Though -REALLY filling, stuffed to the gills filling and I've been gassy all day and I'm not usually on LT. But sooo worth it in my book. :D

A stone down on week three, you are fab. Well done to you!

Er give up unless you like cardboard floor mats that taste vaguely of peanut from some outta space far reaches of our universe hehe

debz x

oh Flapjacks!!! well, I tried them...TWICE...i was sure after many weeks on LT that I would like them..well, I wrote a running comentary almost because it took me half an hour to eat not even half of it! I just couldnt do it...although others love them!! It just depends on your taste buds I think :)

There was an issue many weeks ago with mould and they thought it was just one batch but think it was more! Just thought I would share that :)

i've been asking for them for about 5 weeks and not been able to get any cos of the mould problem. but i do want to try them before i finish my LT time.

I'd say definitely try them! they might not be delicious but think of them as medicine, as with all the shakes. they will help you lose weight so they are worth trying i think!

i've been asking for them for about 5 weeks and not been able to get any cos of the mould problem. but i do want to try them before i finish my LT time.

I'd say definitely try them! they might not be delicious but think of them as medicine, as with all the shakes. they will help you lose weight so they are worth trying i think!

hahah - I am waiting with bated breath Elle for you to try them :) Oh, they are an experience to behold that's for sure :)

I'm not really a fan of vanilla, to be honest ive never really been a fan of milkshakes.... but the chocolate and strawberry ones now taste v.yummy......

so i dont think i could do the porridge thing, esp when i can taste so much salt in them....and porridge isnt meant to be salty... mmm maybe mine are the mouldy ones?!

Thanx for your advice ladies... think i'll stick to the shakes!

xx

ohhh girls girls girls! Flapjack is like the marmite debate eh?! I hated them on the first few weeks and well now I love them- I would have em 3 times a day if I could, but obviously only 1 is allowed! I had to get more flapjacks today to last me through to end sept and she let me have 12- I asked her about the mould and she looked in the cupboard and had heaps of flapjacks, so im guessing only a few like them!

All I can say is that some people will never abide the flapjacks but a fair few also find them rather tasty after a month or so of shakes on LT! xx

Or - do what the lovely BlackRose does but use CHOCOLATE instead of vanilla :) - mmmmmmm - makes a quite palatable chocolatey, fudgey, porridgey, sweet sticky goo - works for me anyway! :D Well it did before the flapjacks became unavailable...

Last edited:
Back