Flax seed or cumin

Elisheba

No matter what, carry on!
I add flax seed to my muffins and galettes.
Sometimes I add more than a tablespoon.
Is that wrong?

Should I replace that with cumin?

What are the recommended quantities?

I am in cruise and I am afraid I use too much tolerated items..

Have you always used flax seed Elisheba? The allowed amount is one teaspoon apparently
October 20 Weekly Chat With Dr. Dukan

Cumin isn't the same thing at all.

If your weight loss is slow, or has stalled even, you can always stop all tolerated items. As youu near your target, you will probably find that some things you could get away with before, might need eliminating. Why not post some menus.

Merci, Joanne.

I've always been very generous with the flax ..
In an interview Dr Dukan said "Vous pouvez ajouter quelques graines de lin".
Mais moi c'est une CS.
For me it's a table spoon or more.
I do not think it has an impact but I read somewhere it is not allowed so I got scared.

B yogurt and goji
L chicken kebab with bell pepper and onion
D yogurt with oatbran, wheat bran, flax, stevia, cinnamon;
chicken breast, smoked tofu.

Tea and water

The flax / linseed is high in fats/oils (and probably carbs too). They're very 'good' fats, and linseed is good for you, but I suspect they'd slow your losses down a bit. I now have about one tablespoon a day in STAB but not before.

If anything I'd say 1 Tablespoon at the very most is at least one tolerated item. Against one Teaspoon of de-fatted cocoa powder which is also a tolerated item, I'm not sure how that compares, so maybe it's on Teaspoon for Linseed as Jo suggested.

And cumin is a spice (which I hate...), so you can use that for flavouring. I don't think you'd use more than a TS in a batch of muffins....

Thank you, Anjuschka.
I love the crunchiness of flax seeds..

I will try a bit of cumin, next time.

As far as I know they might be 'allowed' in desperation as a 'seasoning' so think max a teaspoon total per day and no more. I never had any seeds during cruise, and in extreme moderation in Conso... But don't take my work for it - you might find something on the official dukan site? I classify seeds like that in the same group as nuts which means they're off the menu until Stab...

Thank you, Anjuschka.
I admire your strength.
I got poppy seeds and going to try them in my muffin.
ONE teaspoon.
(Hope I don't like them)
I wouldn't try the sesame seeds because I think they are really oily.
As for the flax, NON-grounded flax seed is "tolerated" - one teaspoon.

Back