Flax seed porridge

europabug

Two tbs flaxseeds
one tbs splenda
one tbs peanut butter

Mix together all ingredients and add about 3/4 cup of boiling water and stir. the water should cook and absorb into the flax seed making the mix thicker. keep adding water if nesassary until you get the desired consistancy.

I tried this with half a tsp of cocoa too to deepen the flavour. the whole recipe is about 6g carbs, very filling and warm, plus much faster and less mess then making a flaxseed pancake. good if you are sick of egg based breakfast!!

X

Yes, i use ground flaxseed, sainsburies sells packs of it i think in the home baking section. I have modified the recipe as i didn't like the peanut butter after taste and it make it much more carby! Now i just use 2 tbs of flax, 1 tbs of splenda, pour on the boiling water allow to thicken and and then add a tbs of stewed berries. This is delicous! better then porridge!

Bug X

Thanks, what do you think the total carb content is? Will definitely try to make it :)

Just made it using linwoods milled flaxseed, sunflowers &pumpkins seeds, with handful of blueberries, absolutely delicious. Think this will be a lifesaver in a morning. Thanks for the idea.

Just the basic recipe is about 2g of carbohydrate (made with just flaxseed, splenda and water). It will be a bit more if you use the combined flax/sunflower/pumpkin seed mix but only by a couple of grams. obviously the total number depends on what you topping you use. My tbs of stewed mixed berries adds about 4g but this will vary with what fruits you use! So about 6g total using my lower carb version that doesn't use peanut butter.

X

Back