Induction Flaxbread and frustration

Geetwo

Hey !
Hope everyone's doing well,

I have been following the plan to the letter and haven't seen a loss on the scales for 2 weeks now.. The other thing I have noticed is the fat % isn't going down! So a bit fed up tbh..

I'm considering going back to VLCD but on the 2nd level where you add a meal in the evening.. But I'm worried if I do it might do my health harm.. I did it back in 2008 and lost 7 stone in as many months ... It's all getting a bit stressful trying to plan this and that and cope with work pressures.. I know I will eat low carb for ever once at a maintain weight but am desperate to get down to a decent weight so was thinking of doing VLCD till 14.5 stone then go back to Atkins so it doesn't matter if I loose a pound a week!..

What you guys think?

Also I got some flaxseed meal and make bread from it, which is really nice and I made a blt Sarnie to to be 3/4carbs!! I've had one a day in morning for a few days, helps a lot to deal with cravings HOWEVER .. What I didn't know is it can cause a laxative affect and I had to pole vault for the loo all of a sudden yesterday!!! Why is it the little treats we can have like this or polyols etc all have a lax affect! It's not fair lol..

Anyways any advice would be welcomed.

Stu x

How much have you lost so far Stu? First few weeks losses are normally high then it seems to slow down/stop till your body adjusts. How about ditching the scales for a while?

How are you feeling? How are your clothes fitting? You bought them new jeans yet? I'd say stick with it, go clean and green for a week, add more fat and ditch the flax see how it goes then evaluate :)

Agree that weight loss often slows down after initial losses - worth hangin in there as it's not linear!

Yes flax can cause problems - as well as unexpected urgent moments they also stalled me - i couldnt really have more than half a mim a day to maintain losses

Well I've lost 10 pounds since the 1st August so actually I should be happy with that.. I dunno just had a hard day I think, I feel great, not sleeping brill but my energy is high and I'm NEVER hungry, I struggle to eat!.. I think I want this diet to work so badly I'm self destructing it at every possible turn, maybe my brain is trying to sabotage me.. I've learned to notice when I'm starting to think stupid distracting things usually followed by a carb binge so that's a win I guess.. I also was poorly for last 4 days with a man cold, it's not Atkins induction flu as before August 1st I have been doing 3 weeks on VLCD and then blowing it with a carb binge and a week later getting back on the straight and narrow.. The VLCD road is not one I want to take again as it made me feel weak and miserable, and look like crap.. I am going to get back into the gym tomorrow I think as I feel great after a workout. I think 90% of my concern is mental.. I mean I had 2 steaks yesterday and I just can't deal with thinking that's ok!! That's atkins greatest problem, undoing however many years you have been alive of all you have been told about what's good for you and what's bad..

I just need to be strong and endure, I'm sure this will work it's just a different game really, with VlCD there was no room to think as the pounds stopped off so fast I blinked and I lost 7 stone!..

I'm also older this time round, and god know what I've done to my metobolism and system with the yo to diets, starvation and binges for like 5 years!

this has to be the way forward, I must wipe my mind and begin again! I also must read and read the book! the new one just goes on and on and on about the science of it so I should really take it in, I think my brain even has a way of possibly discarding what I read when it's so unbelievable etc!..

Under massive pressure to get a new website off the ground and making some money and usually at this level I used food and carbs and oh god m&m's.. Mmm to help make me feel at ease or internally happy.

How weird and complex we are, or maybe it's just me!

Thanks for the comments though :)

On another note, does anyone think that there is an addictive gene, like in people who drink or eat excess, my mum was a severe alcoholic and I'm wondering if its in me as well ?

Oh and my clothes are definitely smaller, I think my gut is 2 inches smaller just checked :) my jeans are looser for sure ! Silly me

Oh and my clothes are definitely smaller, I think my gut is 2 inches smaller just checked :) my jeans are looser for sure ! Silly me

There you go! You are losing inches :) as for addictive gene, yes without a doubt! It also goes with how you were brought up. Growing up going for a meal was a treat, I grew up with food being a reward and only up until I had kids I got away with it :-(

You are re-programming and it will get easier to accept :)

Back