flexi syns

safc

Hi. Can someone explain flexi syns please. Is it if you overdo one day you can make up for it later in week. I have an awful habit of going over my syns then saying stuff this and quit. But i cannot see any other plan suiting me as i hate all the weighing stuff. I can control plate sizes but i do like a biccy with my cupa. Thanks. X

A flexy syn day is where u can go completely off plan for one day. Most people set theirselves a limit eg 40 syns and try and stick to it but don't worry too much about it. U do this on a special occasion. U may not lose weight that week but u can still enjoy the occasion. For some a day like this kick starts the metabolism and they lose weight but everyone is different. I wouldnt suggest doing this very often. Another option is to have no syns throughout the week and use all the syns on one day but ur weight loss is not as good as those who have 15 a day x

rosierose15 said:
A flexy syn day is where u can go completely off plan for one day. Most people set theirselves a limit eg 40 syns and try and stick to it but don't worry too much about it. U do this on a special occasion. U may not lose weight that week but u can still enjoy the occasion. For some a day like this kick starts the metabolism and they lose weight but everyone is different. I wouldnt suggest doing this very often. Another option is to have no syns throughout the week and use all the syns on one day but ur weight loss is not as good as those who have 15 a day x

In sorry but this is very misleading and incorrect information! It is not when you can go completely off plan for a day! It is for a special occasion where the main and crucial part of flexi syns- (not something to not worry too much about) is to set yourself an upper limit and keep counting. Then you stop when you reach your limit. It gives you a bit of flexibility without the loss of control.
I am unable to link to it as im on my phone but there is a fab sticky thread at the top of the main forum that explains flexi syn days perfectly.

Instead of having a flexi day have you thought of trying alternatives for your biccy, eg saving hexb & having an Alpen light, or perhaps a chocolately/desert tyep yogurt. What else do you find yourself eating which is high in syns?

If flexi syns were as simple as 'eating what you want & then making up later in the week' you may not be able to stick to that anyway with your 'i've blown it' thoughts.

I'd agree with the others flexi synning is best left for special occassions.

Have you thought of finding low syn biscuits, like pink n whites instead of what you normally have, could you limit yourself to say 3/4 per day?

Is there a pattern to when you go over your syns, say at the weekend, how many syns do you have when you go over?

I know I've asked lots of questions, but I think if we try we may be able to find something which will fit in with your lifestyle & something you can stick to.

Back