Flexi Syns....

Gemma1986

Im just me!
I have never done this before but thinking this might work better. Do i just have 70 for the week and use as many each day as i want till they are gone?

Hi Gemma,

According to my consultant, flexible syns is actually what allows you to go out for a big night once in a while and 'blow' your syn allowance, but you have to save up Syns beforehand, or deprive yourself afterwards. It's about trying to set a budget when you go 'off plan' for a short period of time but as soon as you are able to, going back onto Food Optimising as normal.

You can do what you're suggesting by saving up syns/using them all at once, but it's technically not called Flexible syns (and a bit harder)!

Good luck - have you got a big night out planned or something?

Hi Gemma,

According to my consultant, flexible syns is actually what allows you to go out for a big night once in a while and 'blow' your syn allowance, but you have to save up Syns beforehand, or deprive yourself afterwards. It's about trying to set a budget when you go 'off plan' for a short period of time but as soon as you are able to, going back onto Food Optimising as normal.

You can do what you're suggesting by saving up syns/using them all at once, but it's technically not called Flexible syns (and a bit harder)!

Good luck - have you got a big night out planned or something?

I am just struggling of a weekend when we go out for a meal so i was trying to just save some that was all.

Having caught another one of your posts on this Gems, I don't think you want to use flexible syns, instead I think you need your syn allowance to be more flexible lol!! I think you might be best doing the following;

Calculate a weekly total of between 10 and 15 syns a day (70 - 105 per week) - lets assume you choose to use the full 105.

Give yourself a saturday 'alowance' that will cover your treat meals out - lets say, 50 syns.

Get a new weekly total - ie if you started with 105, now it is 105 - 50 = 55

divide that by the remaining 6 days of the week 55/6= approx 9 syns

What this means is that Sunday to Friday you could have up to 9 syns per day, giving you an allowance of up to 50 for saturday without blowing your weekly 'budget'

How does that sound?

Having caught another one of your posts on this Gems, I don't think you want to use flexible syns, instead I think you need your syn allowance to be more flexible lol!! I think you might be best doing the following;

Calculate a weekly total of between 10 and 15 syns a day (70 - 105 per week) - lets assume you choose to use the full 105.

Give yourself a saturday 'alowance' that will cover your treat meals out - lets say, 50 syns.

What this means is that Sunday to Friday you could have up to 9 syns per day, giving you an allowance of up to 50 for saturday without blowing your weekly 'budget'

How does that sound?

Im sure im not the only one who is getting stuck of a weekend :rolleyes:
I normally just need an 20 syns for saturday or 30 i am fine during the day its always just my evening meal!

So try it for a week or two - it may well work better for you, I have worked it out again to illustrate your numbers:

eg: normal daily max of 10 syns = 70 per week
allowance of 30 for saturday
leaves 6.5 syns per day sunday to friday

6.5 is still enough for a curly wurly :)

Oh Gem, thank god Ive found someone else like me. I love my weekends and can be good all week but come a weekend I just feel like treating myself. I think I will try saving my syns!! xx

So try it for a week or two - it may well work better for you, I have worked it out again to illustrate your numbers:

eg: normal daily max of 10 syns = 70 per week
allowance of 30 for saturday
leaves 6.5 syns per day sunday to friday

Thanks for your help, i have enough for my french fries and salad cream on salad! :rolleyes:

How does that sound?

Sounds very very sensible to me!

Sounds v good to me *angie* I often find I don't need that many syns during the week, but like to relax with OH and a glass of vino or 2 at the weekend. So 15 sat, 15 sun and then 6.5 for the remaining days - perfecto! :D

Back