flora cuisine has anyone cooked with it yet?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - ProPoints Plan Recipes' started by jem3139, 16 May 2011 Social URL.

1. jem3139

jem3139 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st8lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(6.34%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    has anyone tried the new flora cuisine liquid i have calculated it at 1 pt per teaspoon so it's the same as oil?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sneeze

Sneeze Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.01%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints & Gym
    We use it for stuff you'd normally fry in butter and its actually pretty good. :) BF does the eggy crumpets in it for weekend brekkie. x

4. happyhealthy

happyhealthy Omnomnomnom

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(37.36%)
    Diet:
    Good ol' Calorie Counting and a little bit of happiness :)
    It's great for cooking, just don't substitute it for oil in baking. My cakes were like pancakes.

5. jem3139

jem3139 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st8lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(6.34%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    thanks

thank you both I have a bottle here just unsure how to use it but will try your ideas many thanks again

6. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm not sure what the point of it is. I just saw it on offer on Ocado but why not just use oil :confused: . The ingredients are:

Vegetable Oils (Sunflower Seed Oil, Rapeseed Oil, Linseed Oil), Water, Salt (0.9%), Emulsifiers (Soy Bean Lecithin, Polysorbate 60), Soy Protein, Stabilisers (Guar and Xanthan Gums), Colour (Beta-Carotene), Preservative (Potassium Sorbate), Citric Acid, Flavourings, Vitamins (A, D).

I'm not sure how that makes it healthier than the cold pressed rapeseed oil I normally use which is the same points for a teaspoon.

7. karocal

karocal Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.37%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers pro points
    Its just a healthier option so really instead of oil...

8. jem3139

jem3139 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st8lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(6.34%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    thanks

thank for all your comments I have some and wanted to know what ev1 else uses it for . x

9. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF

If you look at the ingredients its not really that healthy at all... thats frightening! stabilisers, preservatives, salt! If its not considerably better than oil points wise you are far better going for the oil... oil is natural and very good for you in small quantities! x

10. jem3139

jem3139 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st8lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(6.34%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    thanks Hanata I will bare that in mind prefer to use natural ingreds as much as poss x

11. happyhealthy

happyhealthy Omnomnomnom

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(37.36%)
    Diet:
    It's a lower calorie alternative, but isn't exactly 'healthy'. Fats from olive oil are good for you in small quantities, so I would just continue using your natural ingredients. A lot of 'healthy' or low fat alternatives are actually not very good for you at all. For instance WW ready meals may only have X amount of calories/points/syns compared to the normal versions on the foods, but they are PACKED with salt and other nasties and I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. Lot's of brands play on peoples naivety with things like this, but you just need to keep a head about you and you'll be fine :)

12. jem3139

jem3139 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st8lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(6.34%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    thanks Happyhealthy, I totally agree with you on ready meals etc I wouldnt buy them either , dont trust whats in them. I always make fresh at home with as little or no oil as poss thats why I thought flora cuisine might have been better but BOY was I wrong.x

13. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Let's try to convince them that olive oil is unhealthy - these companies are just creating a problem that doesn't exist to get us to spend money. Like when they invented formula milk and marketed it as better than breast.

I am guilty of eating ready meals a couple of times a week but only because I like to have a couple of nights not cooking, though we always have veg with them. But I certainly don't think they will be better for me.

14. happyhealthy

happyhealthy Omnomnomnom

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(37.36%)
    Diet:
    Yeah, it's like Flora lighter than light butter - it's third main ingredient is pork gelatin (so basically crushed pig bone and collegen) Stuff like that surly isn't good for you! I'm a great believer in eat well, feel well - so even if you are having a small amount of the higher calorie olive oil, you would feel as rubbish as you would of if you used flora lighter than light with its piggy slime surprise.

15. jem3139

jem3139 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st8lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(6.34%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    thanks

thanks for that happy I really must be more careful when I'm buying and read the labels more I didnt know that about the flora although I don't use it anyway but it just goes to show we dont know what we are eating. x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.