Florida Fest Countdown!!

Miss.S

So, first of all Hi everyone! I'm new here, although I have been browsing these boards for a while!
Basically I started Slimming World last September after a break up (we're back together now!) and lost just over a stone, however after after getting back together with the boy and no longer feeling like I had to lose weight to impress, and after 3 gains in a row, I stopped going to class, and although I didn't totally fall back into old eating habits, I soon put on the majority of what I had lost.

Now I'm happy in my relationship again, and wanting to be fit and healthy and neither of us wanting to fall back into old habits and gaining weight, I've decided to start following the Slimming World plan properly again. Another mega factor, as my title suggests, is a holiday to Florida (including a music festival!) that I have booked with my best friend for the end of October. The fact that she is a size 8 and imagining standing next to her in a bikini is a major motivating factor!!!

So as I won't be attending a group, I've decided to keep a food diary here, as I now that the knowledge that others might read it is a good incentive to be good :D

I am intending to weigh myself weekly on a Monday night after my exercise class, and will try to post each day with my diary.
Ooh and comments/suggestions most welcome!!

Day 1 Monday 13th June 2011

Breakfast
Banana
Go ahead yogurt breaks (1 pack = 2 slices) = 7 syns

Lunch
Salad
couscous
balsamic vinegar
pickled beetroot
fruit Mullerlight

Snacks
Nectarine
Apple

Dinner
Chicken breast with homemade sauce (tinned tomatoes, onion, garlic, peppers)
Homemade potato wedges seasoned with paprika and garlic
1 tbsp light mayo = 2.5 syns

Drinks today have been black coffee with sweeteners, water and tea with hexa milk.

No hexb yet - probably won't end up having one today (normally have alpen lights - 1 for breakfast and one for night time choccie fix!)
May have a mullerlight and strawberries for pud later:)

Day 2 14th June 2011

Breakfast
Banana, apple, nectarine

Lunch
Couscous, salad and balsamic vinegar, pickled beetroot
Cherry mullerlight

Dinner
Will be SW friendly curry (chickpea, potato and spinach) with rice
Probably a mullerlight or fresh pineapple for pud

Drinks today are water, coffee and tea with hexa milk. Another day with no hexb - it's payday tomorrow so am living on what we have in! May make some porridge as a snack after work to use my hexb, feel bad for wasting it!!

Total syns = 0! - am saving them for tomorrow night as off out for drinks :)

Oh I forgot I had some strawberries as a snack too! Certainly getting my 5 a day today!

Thankyou so much :)
I can't wait for Florida, we're doing a Thelma and Louise style road trip!!! Fingers crossed the weather is as good for us as it was for you!!!

Food diary update: had some fresh pineapple AND an orange choc mullerlight, and 2 tsp mango chutney with my curry - will have to syn that in the morning as not sure off the top of my head!

Okay, so yesterday was a bit of a syn fest, although I only had 2 syns Tuesday and none today before we went out!

Day 3 15th June 2011

Breakfast
Banana
nectarine

Lunch
couscous, salad, balsamic vinegar
mullerlight yogurt

Snacks
apple

Then I had 2 weetabix (hexb) with sweetner and milk from hexa before we went out
At work I just drank black coffee and water.

Consumed after 8pm was:
Brothers cider = 13 syns
Kopparberg strawberry cider = 8 syns
bourbon and diet coke = 3 syns
2 glasses of a cocktail made from jagermeister, chambord and pepsi (I think!) = ? syns!!!

On the way home we resisted a takeaway and I made one of my favourite SW snacks - microwaved a tin of mushy peas with 1 tsp mint sauce mixed in (free food)
I then also ate a french fancy, just because it was in the fridge - it was horrible and made me feel sick and i regretted it (5 syns)

Total syns (*cringe*) = 29, plus the unknown amount in the cocktail. Ugh!

Back on track today though. It was payday yesterday, so I am off food shopping later to buy lots of yummy SW friendly food

Day 4 16th June 2011

Breakfast
Porridge (hexb) made with milk from hexa and water, sweetener

Lunch
rice with soy sauce
bowl of fresh pineapple and strawberries

drinks so far - tea (milk from hexa), water, sugar free squash

Dinner will be:
Beefburger (syns worked out as 6) with salad, sweet potato wedges, corn on the cob
Possibly a mullerlight for pud

Total syns for the day = 6

Oh and forgot to say at the beginning of this diary - I follow the Extra Easy plan. Not sure I could get my head around red and green so I just stick to this!!! :D

Adding an extra 3 syns as I had a spoonful of coleslaw with my beefburger, and a teeny bit of ICBINB on my corn cob

so todays syns = 9.
I also had a mullerlight for pudding and some fresh pineapple and also an apple!!

I was very motivated earlier though and went out for a run, wasn't a long one, but hopefully it'll be a bit of damage limitation after all those syns yesterday!!!

Day 5 17th June 2011

Breakfast
banana
apple
Alpen light (1/2 hexb)

lunch
bistro salad with added tomato, red onion and cucumber
jersey royal potatoes
pickled beetrot
Kraft FF salad dressing
cherry mullerlight

dinner
Quorn bolognese with spaghetti

drinks
water
black coffee and sweetener
tea with hexa milk

I'll be having a mullerlight and another alpen bar later on with a cuppa. This menu today is more like my usual habits.
I'm a sucker for something sweet on a night, if I had had a good week syn wise, I might have had some minstrels, but usually I tend to split my hexb and have a chocolate and fudge alpen bar to satisfy my sweet/chocolate craving!

Oh and I nearly forgot - I was unable to resist and had a chocolate cupcake today at work. Counting 10 syns for it. This brings my total for the week so far to 59.5, plus however many were in the cocktails I had. I'm trying to have no more than 10 a day, or 70 per week, but even if I do use all 70, going by the upper limit of 15 a day I would still have 35 to cover me for the cocktails and theoretically I should come in with a loss at my first weigh in :)
Quite looking forward to Monday and my at-home weigh in! Trying really hard to resist getting on the scales sooner!

You are doing really well x Counting all your syns will really help you get into the swing of things. Don't worry about having the full 15 a day / 105 a week (however you want to work it) - syns are good!

I agree, syns are AMAZING!
I'm just determined to do this so I want to make sure I really stick to it. I have a holiday to aim for like you, and I also remember how good I felt in January after I has lost a stone the first time I did SW, and I want to feel like that again!! :)

Now my next dilemma is do I buy my holiday bikini now, and risk it not fitting, or leave it, and risk not being able to find one at all!!:hmm:

I agree, syns are AMAZING!
I'm just determined to do this so I want to make sure I really stick to it. I have a holiday to aim for like you, and I also remember how good I felt in January after I has lost a stone the first time I did SW, and I want to feel like that again!! :)

Now my next dilemma is do I buy my holiday bikini now, and risk it not fitting, or leave it, and risk not being able to find one at all!!:hmm:

October is a long way off hun! Your boobs are bound to shrink lol! You can always buy bikinis out of season (eg Next) or ... why not buy one in Florida! There are some lovely malls out there ;)

October is a long way off hun! Your boobs are bound to shrink lol! )

Tell me about it! It's the first place any weight seems to go from! Rubbish!!!
I sold my last year's bikini on ebay the other week - a whole 1.5 cup sizes lost when I did SW afterwards!!!:cry:

Day 6 18th June 2011

Breakfast
banana, nectarine, alpen light (half hexb)

lunch
bistro salad with tomato, cucumber, red onion, grilled bacon and boiled egg
1 tbsp light mayo - 2.5 syns
strawberry mullerlight

snack
nectarine
1 asda crispy rice/toffee mini bite - counting 3 syns

dinner
salmon marinated in soy, line juice and chilli
new poatatoes
carrots, green beans, baby corn and mangetout
alpen light (half hexb)
maybe another mullerlight later

drinks
black coffee, water, tea with hexa milk

total syns today = 5.5. Total for the week so far = 65 plus cocktails!

Day 7 19th June 2011

B- banana, alpine light
L- salad, kraft ff dressing, couscous, mullerlight
D- chicken curry and rice (SW friendly) - 0.5 syns

Snacks- apple, nectarine, carrot cake (!), 4 cookies, alpine light. Hexa was milk in tea.

Once I had the carrot cake I decided I may as well eat biscuits, no idea on syns, should be (just) within the weekly 105 but that's the end of week 1 anyway. WI Monday night and here we go again!!! :)

And so tonight was my first weigh in..................... -3lbs!!!! Yes!!!!

This has spurred me on even more as I start my second week, especially as I have a meal out on Friday and a night out on Saturday!!

Day 7 20th June 2011

B - banana, apple, alpen light (hexb)
L - Salad, grilled bacon, new potatoes, 1 tbsp extra light mayo (2.5 syns), mullerlight
D - baked potato, massive salad, fat free chive cottage cheese

drinks - water, coffee, tea with hexa milk, diet coke

I've only had 1 cup of tea today, so I've made up an Asda angel delight style thing with the rest of my milk. I reckon half a packet will be no more than 2 syns.

And so tonight was my first weigh in..................... -3lbs!!!! Yes!!!!

This has spurred me on even more as I start my second week, especially as I have a meal out on Friday and a night out on Saturday!!

Day 7 20th June 2011

B - banana, apple, alpen light (hexb)
L - Salad, grilled bacon, new potatoes, 1 tbsp extra light mayo (2.5 syns), mullerlight
D - baked potato, massive salad, fat free chive cottage cheese

drinks - water, coffee, tea with hexa milk, diet coke

I've only had 1 cup of tea today, so I've made up an Asda angel delight style thing with the rest of my milk. I reckon half a packet will be no more than 2 syns.

Hey! Brilliant! Well done hun!

Thankyou!!! Feel very motivated right now!! Vv pleased, especially as that matches my biggest weekly loss when I was attending a group :)

Oops, got my days mixed up - today is:
Day 9 21st June 2011!!

B - banana, alpen light (half hexb)
L - couscous, salad, ff dressing, shape zero (OMG so much nicer than mullerlights!!)
D - chicken and veg stir fry with noodles, soy, ginger, sweet chilli sauce (2 syns)

snacks - apple
drinks - water, coffee, diet coke, tea with hexa milk

Will have my other alpen later and probably more asda 'angel delight' (count 4 syns)

Total weekly syns so far - 8

Back