500 Calories Flossyfee Juddders Along

flossyfee

Hi,
So I've been on weight watchers for 2 weeks. I lost 3.5lbs the first week and 3lbs the second week. I like WW but as I only get 26 daily points I've stuggled not to dip in to my weekly point allowance everyday and I like to save them for a few drinks and a treat at the weekend. So, I'm hopping JUDDD will help me have more control.

I've heard so many great things about intermittent fasting, so I thought why the heck not give it a go.

I'm using fitnesspal to track my calories

Day one

2 hard boiled eggs with 70% less salad cream = 173 cals

A Subway salad bowl. Turkey & Ham no cheese with sweet onion sauce = 164 cals

1hard boiled egg with 70% less salad cream. A cadburys highlight hot chocolate & 1 weight watchers double chocolate chip cookie =165 cals

Total 502 cals

Today wasn't too bad. I wasn't as hungry as I thought. I guess for me the key is to make filling choices (protein) and spread the mini meals as far apart as possible.

Although the thought of 500 cals filled me with dread and I was unsure if I'd actually manage it. I actually quiet enjoyed the challange of it. I'm on a bit of a high from my first day but I think I will really like JUDDD.

Hi and welcome to JUDDDing. Glad you are liking it so far. DD get easier so you'll probably find it even better as you go along. I've been doing it for 6 months but had a break when I got pneumonia and am back to it again. I've lost about a llb a week on it.

Thanks for the encouragement Ladybird :). I hope I can keep going until I reach my goal.

I forgot to add my stats in my first post:
Hight: 5ft 4
Current weight: 10st 11lbs
Goal: 10st or less for my sisters wedding in 9 weeks time.

Oooh I ached a bit this morning...hopefully it's because my body's eating all the fat away :-D

I'm now on the last rung of my belt too yay!

Feel a bit weird about eating today. It's like I will be undoing everything I did yesterday. I think I read two DDs don't seem to do any good tho.

Day two: UD

Doing my regular weight watchers diet.

Day 3 DD

Felt pretty good today. Maybe a bit tired but only slightly annoyed when the hubby banged on about pizza for 20mins!!
The hardest bit was when my 3 year old tried to make me take a bite of his hot buttered toast. Why does toast smell so great?

So today I had:

1 hard boiled egg 70cals
Weight watchers tomato & mozzarella pasta with 50g of corgette 350cals
A hightlights hot chocolate 40cals
1 weight watchers double choc chip cookie 44cals

Total 504

Day 4 UD
I ate way too much inc pizza, cheeseburger & cake

Day 5 DD
I tried doing a water only fast. I managed 24hrs with no food before binging on fish & chips with bread & butter, some alcohol then some chocolate. I felt pretty sick.

Day 6 UD
Fathers day
After last night's binge, stepped on the scales and it doesn't look good for weigh-in on Tuesday.
Breakfast -2 mini brioche with thick butter & jam
Lunch -baked beans on toast followed by chocolate chip cookies
Dinner- sausage & mash with loads of veg & onion gravy followed by coffee & cake.

Yikes, I'm starting to think this was a bad idea. I seem to weigh the same if not more now than the begining of the week. I've eaten loads of fatty things, I wouldn't normally eat, when I planned on eating reasonably healthy and sticking to weight watchers points. Where did it all go wrong?!

I'm really worried about my weigh-in on Tuesday and we are having a buffet at work tomorrow :O

DAY 7 DD
2 slices of chicken breast & lettuce & flavoured low cal water. 150cals

1 hard boiled egg. Spinach, a jacket potato & 2 tbsp extra light saladcream. 296 cals

Total 441 cals

You've really got to give yourself some time for the UP days to settle down, it really is expected and part of the plan that you will overeat at the beginning, it settles down after about a month, also you're changing from 1 plan to another so again you've got to expect a settling in period it's not an instant diet like some of the others you might have tried.

Thanks lanarkwitch, at least I feel a bit more normal for being a pig over the past week.

Well buffet day at work... I tried to stick to healthy options such as carrot sticks & hummous with a small sandwich & some chicken curry thrown in for good measure.

I lost 1lb this week which I'm pleased with considering the amount of crap I've eaten.

Tomorrow is a DD. I find I'm a bit moody and a lot more tired on a down day, so I tend to scuttle off to bed early. I'm also realising the food on UD's make me feel lathargic...not sure which one I prefer TBH.

It's amazing what juddding teaches you about how your body responds to food isn't it, I think if you stay on it long enough eventually you just naturally taper the bad out cos you get sick feeling rotten, a lot of poeple say that lots of sugar on UPS can make the DD's harder as well, but you'll dind your own way with it after a few weeks, any weightloss at the start is a bonus so you're doing grand

Thanks Lanarkwitch. You're right it tells you a lot about the way food affects you.

So today was a DD. I was at work so it wasn't too bad. I just went for a walk outside every break time to avoid the cafe or people munching. The sun was shining so it was nice to be out and about.

I didn't eat anything all day, which I'm proud of as that means I did a full 24hrs on only water, green tea & lemon water. I felt like I really acheived something today. For dinner I had a co-op ham & mushroom tagliatelle (450cals), which was lush.

Earlier I was so looking forward to tomorrow's UD. Now I've eaten tho I'm not too fussed about it... However I did buy a lovely quiche so I may have a dip into that tomorrow.

Weird morning on UD...everything I ate for breakfast just didn't seem to taste as delicious as it should...even the chocolate chip cookie o_O I found myself wanting to eat cucumber batons and hummous, but didn't have either in the kitchen.... I don't think I've ever actually wanted to eat salad before in my life, especially for breakfast. What's in the world is happening to me?

I think it's the adjustment of not eanting to undo the hard work on the DD's I love hummous, very popular for breaky here with a big dollop of arabic or egyptian bread in it......yummmm

Oooh Egyptian bread...I need to Google that. It sounds yummy.

Deffo think its not wanting to undo yesterday's work but also psychologically... If you say eat what you want, somehow chocolate, chips & pizza don't seem that appealing anymore. Where as when I was on other diets, I would spend all day dreaming about them because I couldn't have them. I'm learning a lot and I'm starting to love this way of eating :)

Well breakfast may not have tasted great but dinner sure did... Pate and toast, mince and dumplings with mash, icecream and mountains of chocolate all downed with a nice bottle of red... Delish :D

I love this diet... I don't even feel guilty cos I know I'm fasting tomorrow

I decided yesterday just wasn't the day to fast. I woke up with a hangover from the red wine and just couldn't do it. I didn't give myself a hard time over it tho. I enjoyed a nice breakfast with my son and promised myself, I would fast on Saturday.

The thought of only 500cals on a Saturday is not making me happy...but I'm all prepped with an egg salad & lots of sliced lemons.

My weigh in will be on Monday morning rather than Tuesday afternoon. I'm going on holiday for a week on Monday. I plan on having two fast days while I'm away but I think I'll find it hard if the rest of the family are tucking in to delicious food in front of me :(

Today has been the worst DD so far. :banghead:

I've been extremely bored all day at work and I've felt absolutely famished most of the time. I'm lying in bed with my tummy rumbling, my head banging and my exhausted body aching. I really feel like going downstairs and tucking in to some nice food....especially as there is a strong whiff of pizza sauntering up the stairs... But I've already had 480cals. :mad:

I've managed to get all the way to 8pm, so I WILL not give in now!...(i hope) :confused:

I broke my fast. :mad::(:confused::mad::(

I don't think I've ever experienced anything like today. The hunger (which apparently comes in waves) was unbearable all day long. I couldn't concentrate. I constantly thought of food. My tummy hurt with hunger from about 2pm onward. Even after having my second meal, the hunger didn't subside in the least. I tried to fight it but I lost. Now after eating, my body feels a lot better (like it's sighing with relief) but in my mind, I feel pretty weak and embarrassed.
I can't for the life of me figure out why it happened. I drank loads of water, lemon water, green tea etc. I had egg salad at midday, then a jacket potato with salad at about 5.30pm.
Maybe it was lack of sleep that caused it?? Maybe it was the type of foods I ate yesterday?? Maybe I'm just not cut out for it....which would be a shame as I was really enjoying it until now :(

Don't worry about it hun. Its only one fast, not the end of the world. I'm sure it was just an off day and your body was probably struggling with not getting enough sleep. I broke one of my mine a couple of weeks back and felt so much better once i'd eaten but the rest of my Fasts have been fine.

Keep going, you'll be fine.

Hey mrs don't stress too much about weigh in, see this as a learning curve for the first month or so it honestly does take about 4 weeks to get into it properly, stay positive and enjoy your break, JUDDD will be here waiting on you when you get back xx

Don't worry about it hun. Its only one fast, not the end of the world. I'm sure it was just an off day and your body was probably struggling with not getting enough sleep. I broke one of my mine a couple of weeks back and felt so much better once i'd eaten but the rest of my Fasts have been fine.

Keep going, you'll be fine.

Thanks for your support Sarah, I really appreciate it. It helps to hear from people like you who have been doing it for a while and let me know its ok :)

Back