Flubster in the house

Flubster

Well D Day is Monday

This is my FIRST VLCD, I have been somewhat of a "tentative" dieter and overweight since the age 24 after baby number 2, fast forward 16 years, a divorce, a remarriage and 2 babies later and that damn flubber is frequenting my hips and tummiy, hanging over my trouser tops gleefully! Currently reminiscent of the michellin momma, it's time to put my demons and size 16's to rest:cool:

My weight is down to the fact I am an emotional eater, and it's that very thing that normally sabotages any progress, I have tried weight watchers, ATKINS, the grapefruit diet, the cabbage soup diet, the you are a numpty that will fall for any old crap diet, herballife, "juicing" and ultimately fell off the wagon after some small successes, the latter two being the most successfull as I have identified my dieting "style" is ALL OR NOTHING" , where I have to condition myself that I can't have food, meanining I am 10 times more likely to stick it out, so here's hoping this is the trick for me!!

Looking at all the inspirational stories on here, how well all you guys have done has not only motivated me to try it, but assures me that following your guys example, I can, with support, achieve my goals

Wish me luck :eek:

I plan to weigh myself weekly and will post my updates here

Blimey that was almost like reading my own life lol! Emotional eating: check, all or nothing: check! Exante is great for just getting stuck in, there are some great results out there for the taking :) best of luck to you!

Good luck hun and looking forward to following your journey xx

Well Started today - pack didnt arrive Monday as scheduled so have an odd weigh in day - bah!
Really struggled through the bar for breakfast not as it was particuarly unpleasent moreso filling as hell!!!!
I am more worried about the whole water situation, as will admit to being a poor water drinker so have a 2ltr bottle sat by me here - and damn you pesky water you will be gone by 6pm !! heh
I am gonna take a brisk walk tonight, then bust out Berto (Zumba DVD's tomorrow) and have made myself a big jug of fresh mint iced tea with a couple of splenda sweetners ready to go in the fridge as a "treat" < is sad lol BUT excited

Good afternoon, welcome and good luck on your Exante journey :hug99:xx

:welcome: Flubster, just caught up on your diary and like MP I can also relate to the whole emotional,boredom comfort, eating thing. But you have started your journey with all your fellow exante followers and hopefully you will find the support and encouragement on here to get you to your goal xx:)
GOOD LUCK

Thanks so much Giggles & Jacqueline - appreciate the warm welcome xx

Well shake for lunch was gooooood - no really it was haha banana whizzed with ice and water in the blender I enjoyed it, for supprt the soup- not so much haha I mean "pink soup" WTF? I flavoured it with oregano and black pepper and it was more palatable but the tomato soup needs some work :) Currently sipping iced green tea with mint and instead of dwelling on not eating am looking at all the lovely clothes on different websites I can get into if I stick this out !!! Mind over matter

Day 2:

Well I slept like a dream!!! Flat out and have to say sleep is my reprieve from any naughty foody thoughts, so woke up this morning felling well - normal:)

Anyone reading & thinking of trying this and thinking "OMG I am gonna be crawling the walls hungry" I'll be your guinnea pig, as that's what I initially thought but yesterday it really was not that bad, and trust me before you pop the balloon I am TOTALLY expectinbg a crash before I hit my slam dunk!!!!

I am experimenting strategies for NOT focussing and obsessing on "I gotta eat, I gotta eat!!!" ---coping yesterday was focussing on other things than food, and there's where the re-eductaion start for me, "lil miss emo-eater", you see previously things get a little hairy at work, a dealine etc I could only get through it with copious amounts of sweet tea and biscuits:giveup:eek:r a stand off with the hubby would result in 6 tacos, a trip dans la chippy or marmite crisps!!! Well this is what I have to overcome, so I lookes at clothes on line I can only dream of wearing now, I looked at destinations where one day I'd like to sit on the beach without barracading myself in tarp, and hiding myself behind my children and tonight I am gonna sort out my wardrobe, coz let's face it pretty soon I'll need the next sixe down to the front, right!?!?!:p

Also green ice tea was a god send last night, a taste of something and something permissable

If anyone fancies trying it :

Grab a large jug
Boiling Water
About 2 green tea backs
2 Splenda tablets
Small palmful of fresh mint leaves

Pour you water over the tea bags, let set a few mins, rip the leaves and drop in add sweetner stir and pop in the fridge - leave a few hours and serve over ice - it's like a mojito without the fun!!! ;) (well if you are into kidding yourself like me)

So today I start the day with the choc orange bar - best thing yet LUSCIOUSNESS with cofee - off to work in a bit with a strawberry shake for lunch

Have a good day my fellow exanter's!!!! xxx:character00238:

Welcome.... I can tell it's gonna be quite a ride on your exante wagon:D Totally with you on the soup... I quite like the flavour of the tom and basil one but I have to not look at it when I'm 'eating' .. I'm sure they could do something with the colour! Anyway, look forward to tagging along xx

lol Thank you Namaste ( I see the god in you? Good handle)

I just ate my soup already - oh oh early i know but was hank marvin - I hope the ketosis malarky kicks in son and sucks up my hunger - am determined but yeah i am gonna ***** and whine the whole way hahaha x

I did a bad thing - turned good

OK so yesterday day time was OK afternoon and night-time pretty "Cack" - literally nobody told me about the runs huh? lol I got my exercise running up the stairs a few times yesterday, clenching cheekage :sick0019:

Annnnnyyyyywaaaaaaaay this morning I did a bad thing I succumbed to a daily weight check and it paid off - sooooo could of gone the other way - but I lost 4lb already in 2 days - GET INNNNNNNNNNNNNNN !!!!!:party0049:

PM Day 3 - Mushroom soup for lunch - nice recommend - some fresh cracked black and its crackin!!! Tea Vege soup - well it is a cold day !!!! Feel fine, hunger has disappated today but legs getting a little achy, still have the runs though :(

Know what you mean about then runs.... I had this 2 Amy's ago, right on the school run! Had to peg it to the in laws house to use their facilities! How much do you want to lose? (ant see your signature etc as on iPad)

lol Awww you poor thing, luckily I havent been caught out like that - YET! Although did defer a shopping trip this PM just incase I wanna lose A LOT I have like 78 lbs to get to 10stone - it's going OK not as bad as I thought but am kinda dreading the weekend , I normally base the weekend around baking/cooking and it'll be my biggest test of resilience - you did good week 1 well done!

Good to see you are sticking with it, first week i would say the worse day 6 was the killer for me , but as for the runs yes no one seems to mention that they all say about being bunged up so i thought i was odd when that happened to me also lol think your the first person to mention it but bet it's happened to loads of us, good to see you weight loss so soon it really helps spur you on :553: Keep up the great work xxx

Back