FODMAP & General Health

Trefoil

Gold Member
Hello!

I was once a prolific poster on this site across so many of the plans. Unfortunately never kept the weight off and majorly struggled. I did however get to goal in December 2016... and by June 2017 had put the whole lot back on as I was unhappy.
Anyhoo fast forward to now and I've been really poorly. In and out of hospital, (lovely) camera tests, permanent acid reflux, not able to eat... the list goes on. All of my tests are always clear (this drives me mad) and nearing the point of madness, my Doctor and consultant suggested I do the FODMAP plan for three weeks and then take it from there.
I felt positive but goodness me it's quite restrictive. This is Day 3. So far so good, so I thought I would see if anyone else out there had to do this?

Lovely to be back :)

Ruth
x

Welcome back.

I done and still sort of keep to allowed limits. I was unwell 2014 and found Monash University fodmap app which really helped me.

I ended up having my gallbladder out. My son has had a stomach problem for 18 months and he has had tests which shows up nothing.

Hello Ruth, how are you getting on? Hope FODMAP has helped you x

I had similar issues just a few weeks ago. I think I was having acid reflux so bad that the pain spread to my left shoulder, it was really scary. I reasoned that it was either acid reflux, a clogged artery or my gallbladder. Hopefully, it was nothing serious but I have been intermittent fasting every day since then and I have lost about 10 pounds. I have a window from 12 pm to 8 pm where I can eat and get my calories for the day. I have been eating really clean and going to the gym 4 days a week. It has been great for me, especially because I work a desk job and it's really easy to pack on the pounds sitting at the desk all day.

Fasting isn’t adviceable for people with ibs as you need to keep the food moving through the small colon. Also you could be cutting out important dietary components.

You need stress management, fibre, fluid, exercise and regular meals.🙂

Fasting isn’t adviceable for people with ibs as you need to keep the food moving through the small colon. Also you could be cutting out important dietary components.

You need stress management, fibre, fluid, exercise and regular meals.🙂
I apologize, just trying to share what has helped me out.

Hi Ruth, how are you? Hope you've found something that's helping you X

Back