following 100% ans crap losses

tanya12

i i have been on the plan since the 10th of jan and following 100%, i did skip a few packets here and ther as i was struggling to have them all but i have followed all your advice and not missed anymore and im just not losing, on my first week i only lost 3lb wich is very low as previously i wewnt on the diet n lost over half a stone in the first week im due for weigh in on thursday but sneaked on scales and nothing els lost i just dont understand, i am
Having all packs
Drinking plenty
Not cheating.
I am due my mothlys but that never effected my losses before. i am also finding it difficult to go to the toilet no2(sorry) lol and am taking laxatives just to be able to go. any help with this would be appreciated :D

You've hit the nail on the head by not having enough packs, your body is hanging onto everything (quite literally) as it hasn't had enough nutrition. Needing to take laxatives tells me you're not getting enough fluid inside either. You will go if you have enough, just bear in mind that the amount of bulk you're inputting means your output will also be smaller and it's likely your previous habits will change. How much water are you getting in? You should count all input, including the water to make up your packs, and should be increasing what you were doing before S&S - so if you drank 2 litres of water a day before starting the plan, you should be doubling that at least on S&S.

Both TOTM and not enough fluid can cause retention, so losses don't show on the scales :)

You've hit the nail on the head by not having enough packs, your body is hanging onto everything (quite literally) as it hasn't had enough nutrition. Needing to take laxatives tells me you're not getting enough fluid inside either. You will go if you have enough, just bear in mind that the amount of bulk you're inputting means your output will also be smaller and it's likely your previous habits will change. How much water are you getting in? You should count all input, including the water to make up your packs, and should be increasing what you were doing before S&S - so if you drank 2 litres of water a day before starting the plan, you should be doubling that at least on S&S.

Both TOTM and not enough fluid can cause retention, so losses don't show on the scales :)
hi thanks for your reply
i do drink approx 4 litres of water a day if you include the packs but around 3 litres if you dont, also i only didnt have the full packs 2 days then posted on here for advice since then i have made sure i have the 4 packs or the 3 packs and protein meal, have you any advice on how to get me going to the lou and how i can get this body of mine to lose the weight am i doing anything wrong?

Try measuring as the fat will be going but sounds like the water weight is still showing on the scales

Watch you aren't drinking too much in a short space if time. Sip throughout the day having no more than half a litre in an hour

Hello, I've been on many vlcd diets and I definatly know something that didn't effect you on previous diets, like totm, can effect you when you start to diet again. Things like antibiotics can effect the diet. Also it can lessen the effects of contraceptive pills. This happened to my friend on a vlcd, the weight just wouldn't shift and it turned out she was pregnant. Don't give up though if you look at 3lbs of butter it's a lot. Also if you have less to loose it tends to come off slower. Good luck x

wezzybird
thanks very much for reply, i dont think im pregnant lol its my totm in 4 days so lets just hope i get a big woosh after it comes lol

also check out the threads on pure psyllium husks - no carbs and a couple of teaspoons a day added to a 'meal' may work wonders - it did for me, anyway!

A couple of large glasses with water flavouring works for me! Something I need to keep on remembering when taking it to work!

Seriously, I got so worried about not going at the beginning that I started marking it on my calendar when I did go. It does settle into a ryhthm after a few weeks, I know it's worrying but I'm sure it'll sort itself. Failing that, another good one is a sugar free cough medicine with sorbitol, but if you are a little sensitive to that best take it in the bathroom!

hi all and thanks for all your replies :)
so its my weigh in day today n just thought id update you, yep you guessed it another crap weight loss of just 3lb :cry: just trying to weigh up if this diet is truely worth it with everything im sacrificing for a measley 3 lb a week

Tanya, take a look at my weekly losses - most weeks I haven't reached 3lb off. Granted my first week was big, but I started with a great deal more to lose. I've reached 51lb this week, 17 weeks on a plan and down 3 stone 9lb. On Rosemary Conley I did 28lb in 104 weeks! I know it feels disappointing right now, but it really does add up, cause you will keep on losing, you'll be at a stone in under 5 weeks. You'll be at target by summer at the latest :)

thanks noodles i guess im just under pressure to get to 12.8 by march 13th for the docs and i really really need to get there was hoping this diet would get me there but time is running out and if im honest i really feel like having a night off on sat night n jst relaxing with my dh with few movies and take away n wine but i guess im gonna have to steer clear of a night like that

Tanya, have you done other diets such as WW SW etc where you lost more? I aim for 3-4lbs a week, and if i achieve that then i am happy. I never had losses like that with "conventional" diets...

Also please please dont have a takeaway and wine night.. if you do, that will definitely pull you out of ketosis, you will have all that yuckky feeling whilst you get back into it and probably a smaller loss next week... you dont want that to happen do you?

stay positive huni, and keep going xx

hi all and thanks for all your replies :)
so its my weigh in day today n just thought id update you, yep you guessed it another crap weight loss of just 3lb :cry: just trying to weigh up if this diet is truely worth it with everything im sacrificing for a measley 3 lb a week

6 lbs in 2 weeks means you are still on track to lose nearly a stone in a month. Your losses seem normal to me. the only difference is that you didnt have a larger whoosh in the first week on the diet but that doesn't happen for every one. try to stay positive you are doing great. also are you exercising as I found, especially at the beginning of the diet this really slowed my weight loss.

Try a fibre supplement either the one from slim and save or benefiber are great and worked wonders for me. The psyllium husks are good but can cause allergic reactions in some people. I cant take them as they give me a skin rash.

hope you feel more positive soon hun x

It's also worth making sure that you aren't accidentally doing anything which could knock you out of ketosis - such as having camomile (or other flower) tea or having duet drinks which contain citric acid, such as diet coke. Also, are you exercising? That can causebyou to retain water and you will appear to be losing weight more slowly but you will still be burning fat - that's where doing measurements helps.

You can only lose weight at the speed at which your body let's you. Stick to the diet and you will have lost as much as you possibly could before your medical date. Good luck!

Were you doing a difference diet before you started s&s? 3lb losses aren't crap. The average is 14lbs a month so what you're losing is only just below that. When you lost 7lbs before did you weigh more?

hi caroline no i didnt weigh more i was the same weight as i was starting this time, i wasnt doing anyu different diet before this 1 i just had the packs left from last time o was on it so decided to do sns again thats y im so shocked of my weight loss, last time i was on this diet i was steadily losing 5+ a week

I just wanted to say a big thank you to u all for your support i really appreciate it, im gonna stop being so hard on myself (well try) and stick to the plan another week, ive recently started a new job and havnt had a day off so have worked 13 days straight and only getting around 6 hours sleep a night im also due my totm so i am hoping that when i get a bit of proper rest (day off sun) and finally put my totm behind me then i will get a bigger loss i dont expect big losses all the time just 1 little woosh will give me the emff i need lol :D

Stick to it, it's worth it! :)
I don't know if this has been said before - but I find that drinking a lot doesn't help me go for a No.2, but what DOES really get things moving is Zero Noodles! Someone on another thread confirmed that they are allowed by the S&S people - so give them a go (keep to the water though as your body does need it too :) )

Back