Following CD - but using other VLCD packs?

laurenmay

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

I'm not looking to VLCD for very long, only 4 weeks to kickstart my weight loss journey and then I've chosen to follow the CD steps in order to gradually transition from VLCD to calorie counting & healthy eating but hopefully without gaining..

The main reason for me not staying on a VLCD for longer is money, as I just can't afford too, and I also can't afford the CD products which is why I order slim & save packs instead.

I know many people don't advocate following a VLCD but using different VLCD packs, and I understand your reasons.. but I know a few people do it, and there's even a lady on the slim & save boards whose at goal weight and refeeding using slim & save packs but following the CD steps and upping a step every 2 weeks and she's doing amazingly well and maintaining great!

I was thinking of following the basic step for 2-4 weeks, which on slim and save is 3 packs, 100g protein and 150ml skimmed milk.. am I right in thinking that's the same as the CD step 1 sole source PLUS? Or is SS+ without the milk if you have the protein meal...?

Anyway, after that rather than follow the fast 7 day slim and save refeed, purely because I think it's too fast.. I'm going to be following the CD steps and upping the steps when I feel ready, maybe every two weeks, but we'll see..

When I've upped the steps to 1500 calories I'll stop there and count calories & exercise for the remainder of my weight loss journey, and then learn to maintain that.

What does everyone think? & for those of you who absolutely hate people doing this sort of thing, I'd rather not hear your opinions or criticism cause I've heard and seen it all before on the forum & I'm not posting this for arguments!

Sounds like a good idea. I wouldn't get too hung up on what stage of Cambridge having 3 SnS shakes and a meal is the same as - it's a bonafide step on SnS so it doesn't matter. And I think it's eminently sensible to try the Cambridge version of refeeding if it suits you better. Here's to a slimmer New Year, eh? :)

Sounds like a good idea. I wouldn't get too hung up on what stage of Cambridge having 3 SnS shakes and a meal is the same as - it's a bonafide step on SnS so it doesn't matter. And I think it's eminently sensible to try the Cambridge version of refeeding if it suits you better. Here's to a slimmer New Year, eh? :)

Thank you :) starting tomorrow and excited but dreading it all at the same time!

Back