Food Combining

Discussion in 'Healthy Eating Forum' started by Funky Mum, 23 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Funky Mum

Funky Mum Silver Member

Has anyone ever done this? I've done it before and felt fantastic on it, my 1st week I lost 5lbs. I only stopped because I wasn't in a good place for dieting.
    There is no weighing or measuring, its just basically not eating proteins with starches. And fruit needs to be eaten on its own or before a meal, not after.
    It even suggests using real butter on your jacket potatoes ;)

My menu today hasn't been the best as I need to go shopping so it doesn't look that interesting but..

BF - Apple and Tangerine

Lunch - home made veg soup with potatoes

Tea - cheese salad with quorn sausages.

Snack - tomato mugshot

Last edited: 24 June 2010
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Funky Mum

Funky Mum Silver Member

Again still need to get shopping so not the best example.

1 apple
    1 tangerine

4 x WW bread with flora light (its recommended to use real butter instead of marg)

Cheese salad with 2 veggie burgers.

stir fry with black bean sauce and noodles

Last edited: 24 June 2010
  4. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    sounds interesting-where did you hear about it and where can we find out more ?

5. Funky Mum

Funky Mum Silver Member

I got to a weight loss support group and the woman who runs it has a friend who lives by food combining just as a way of life.

This is the most basic of info I found, other sites and books go more in depth. Hay Diet - Food combining for health

There's a chart here but don't be put off if it looks complicated http://www.abcompany.com/abco/aw/nutrition/foodcombining.pdf

The first week I did this I lost 5lb (circumstances weren't good for me to carry on) you don't get bloating and food goes through you very quickly because its digested properly.

I also have a couple of books The Complete Book of Food Combining: A New, Easy-to-use Guide to the Most Successful Diet Ever: Amazon.co.uk: Kathryn Marsden: Books and The Hay Diet Made Easy - A Practical Guide to Food Combining: Amazon.co.uk: Jackie Habgood: Books very cheap on ebay!

Sorry waffling on :8855:

6. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My sister did food combining many years ago as it help her with IBS. I'm not too sure about the weight loss though.

7. Funky Mum

Funky Mum Silver Member

Its very good for a lot of conditions :)
    Its not so much for losing weight, the weight loss is more of a bonus. Its basically a healthy way of eating.

8. Guenevere

Guenevere Getting married July 2011

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.79%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I'm doing food combining at the moment, as well as eating 75% raw vegan (not completly vegan cos I eat honey) and it's really working to make me feel great. I will find out on Tuesday if I have managed to lose any weight!

9. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    how did you get on?

10. Funky Mum

Funky Mum Silver Member

I had a bit of a meltdown. Was doing fine then I saw piccies of me and yuk! I'm struggling so much to lose and my life has revolved around food for so long that I'm just so tired of it.
    I've signed up to do Cambridge and started today. FC is definitely a fab way to eat, I just need a boost right now.
    I just need to not think about food for a while and get some good results.

11. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I really hope you do well with Cambridge diet. But if you like your food I could really recommend Slimming World, take a look at the food diaries you can eat so much. It isn't a quick fix, & the weight loses can be slower but it's nice to eat until you are full & have a glass of wine & choc in the evening.:D

12. Funky Mum

Funky Mum Silver Member

I tried it but it just doesn't work for me. I'm veggie so end up eating mainly carbs and therefore I lose hardly anything!
    Sometimes I wish I ate meat because the EE looks fab lol!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.