Food Diaries!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by jodidi, 11 January 2010 Social URL.

1. jodidi

jodidi Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World!
    How many people keep one?

If you dont keep one when did you stop using one?

How do you find following SW without one?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I used one when I started but it soon petered out. It's something I am trying to change and I tend to use one each day in one form or another.

I use the one on here, but the days I don't fill one in I tend to keep a paper copy at home. I'm still not 100% by any means, but hope to get better.

I manage without one - but that's only because I try to take lunch with me to work and it's usually syn free (today is stuff tomatoes etc). But I think it was easier because I wasn't eating much. Now I'm upping food I need one...you just can't keep track without one, not without risking mistakes x

x

4. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    I keep a food diary on this forum and I also keep one in a book which is always by my computer, I couldn't function without my diaries they keep me motivated.

5. Laddiesboy

Laddiesboy I ♥ Slimming World :)

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st12lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(29.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I keep one and very strictly make sure that everything I eat (don't include drink as I only ever have syn free squashes and Pepsi Max) is included in it.

I refer back in it to decide on meals for the forthcoming week, write in the meals I decide on a week in advance, and plan my other meals and snacks around them.

If I didn't have a diary I wouldn't know if I was coming or going lol

6. Esme

Esme Gin and tonic please!

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(11.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I keep one, I need one to keep track of what I eat, make sure I'm not eating the same things, and to count my syns - my memory is awful!
    I find the act of writing things down makes me think more about what I actually want to eat.
    It's also useful to keep them so you can have a look back at a good loss week and see what you did.
    The weeks I don't use a food diary I always put on!

7. jodidi

jodidi Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World!
    I just interested in how others keep on track. Some of my friends that do SW dont keep diaries and they are doing great in fact my best mate (Indigo.Seahorse) is a few pounds away from goal. Everyone is different, but its good to pick peoples brains as you always discover something new you can use!

8. *Cherry On Top*

*Cherry On Top* Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    i keep an online one here so i can keep track as if not i tend to forget what ive had (convenient huh? lol) i am hoping to learn to rmemeber better and do away with it, because i think if u can master what ur having in ur head it will make it more a natural way of life. and as someone consultant said, u only have to count to 10. x

9. YummyMummy2B

YummyMummy2B Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(3.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I use the one on the SW website. It works out my syns and stuff so its easy for me!

10. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Im a bit sad really when it comes to keeping a diary, I keep one on here and also a paper version at home so that I dont forget (memory is really bad!).
    I find that if Im struggling I can look back at the weeks that I had a really good loss and use that for inspiration and ideas. I would completely forget what I have eaten during the day if I dont write it down, so for me its my lifeline!

11. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I keep a paper one, but I very soon got bored off filing in one on here :D

I always write on top of my food diary at the end of the week how much I have lost, it keeps me motivated :D and I need all the motivation I can get because I will be around a while., with so much to lose.

12. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.33%)
    I do! I have a little notebook (with pretty butterflies on it) which I keep in my SW folder and fill it in all the time - really helps me to keep on track xxx

13. StripedDaisy

StripedDaisy A sucker for a key change

Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I use my new shiny notebook that I have got myself as my new years resolution. I used to count it all in my head, but I think it will be useful (like someone has said above) to be able to look back and see what worked for each week.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.