Food Diary - 1st Time Poster :)

star1984

Hey there! I discovered this site a couple of days ago just as I was making the mental switch to going back on the diet/starting to excercise again! isnt it weird how you can know you need to do it and talk about doing it but some thing has to click in your brain!! For me - it was the sight of me pulling on a bikini from this time last year...seriously barely covered my bum :(

Im 5"6, 28 and I weigh 150lbs. Im a size 12. I was always very slim (size8ish) but over the last 3-4 years, my weight has fluctuated - partly Im sure just due to becoming a grown up woman and partly down to coming on and off the pill. I have been unfortunate in that when I went on the pill a few years back, I went from a size 10 to a size 12 and 8 months ago - when I came off the pill - the same thing happened...just my luck!!!

So, when I came off the pill (for good) about 8 months ago - the weight started piling on in a matter of weeks and my eating hadnt changed so i was frustrated..so frustrated that I kind of gave up and found comfort in food and just started eating rubbish and not excercising at all. As a result -my weight went up by about 1 stone and I look so out of shape and feel generally dreadful. I have used WW in the past and found it good but i guess i havent ever really managed to stick with it long term.

Anyway - I figured that posting a food diary here would keep me in check and ensure that I stick to my plans! Im hoping to lose 1 stone by the Summer. For me, the key is going to be pre planning every day because once I get into work, having brought no food - I know ill resort to Subway and pre packed sandwiches. Also, my absolute downfall is evening snacking. I am always dying for food at about 9 every night so any suggestions for dealing with this are very welcome!!

My daily allowance is 26 points BTW

Here is yesterdays food diary:

Breakfast: Low Fat Natural Yoghurt - 3 points
Lunch: John West Light Lunch (French Style) and 1 Rice Cake 7 points
Dinner: Chicken Breast with 1/2 bag Uncle Bens Wholegrain Rice, Spinach, Onions, Mushrooms and Peppers 10 points
Snacks: Banana, Reduced Fat Red Pepper Houmous, 4 Crackerbread, Snack a Jacks Salt and Vinegar 7 points

Went over by 1 point and struggling to see how I could be much more careful so i think the only solution is back to the gym tomorrow to buy myself an extra 2 or 3 points...

Last edited:
Hey there! I discovered this site a couple of days ago just as I was making the mental switch to going back on the diet/starting to excercise again! isnt it weird how you can know you need to do it and talk about doing it but some thing has to click in your brain!! For me - it was the sight of me pulling on a bikini from this time last year...seriously barely covered my bum :(

Im 5"6, 28 and I weigh 150lbs. Im a size 12. I was always very slim (size8ish) but over the last 3-4 years, my weight has fluctuated - partly Im sure just due to becoming a grown up woman and partly down to coming on and off the pill. I have been unfortunate in that when I went on the pill a few years back, I went from a size 10 to a size 12 and 8 months ago - when I came off the pill - the same thing happened...just my luck!!!

So, when I came off the pill (for good) about 8 months ago - the weight started piling on in a matter of weeks and my eating hadnt changed so i was frustrated..so frustrated that I kind of gave up and found comfort in food and just started eating rubbish and not excercising at all. As a result -my weight went up by about 1 stone and I look so out of shape and feel generally dreadful. I have used WW in the past and found it good but i guess i havent ever really managed to stick with it long term.

Anyway - I figured that posting a food diary here would keep me in check and ensure that I stick to my plans! Im hoping to lose 1 stone by the Summer. For me, the key is going to be pre planning every day because once I get into work, having brought no food - I know ill resort to Subway and pre packed sandwiches. Also, my absolute downfall is evening snacking. I am always dying for food at about 9 every night so any suggestions for dealing with this are very welcome!!

My daily allowance is 26 points BTW

Here is yesterdays food diary:

Breakfast: Low Fat Natural Yoghurt - 3 points
Lunch: John West Light Lunch (French Style) and 1 Rice Cake 7 points
Dinner: Chicken Breast with 1/2 bag Uncle Bens Wholegrain Rice, Spinach, Onions, Mushrooms and Peppers 10 points
Snacks: Banana, Reduced Fat Red Pepper Houmous, 4 Crackerbread, Snack a Jacks Salt and Vinegar 7 points

Went over by 1 point and struggling to see how I could be much more careful so i think the only solution is back to the gym tomorrow to buy myself an extra 2 or 3 points...

Hi star, welcome to minimins! Are you using propoints or discovery? Think your food looks great! If you are doing pp dont forget you can takebthat 1 little point off you weeklies. Thats what thy are there for! Good luck lovely!!

Hi star, welcome to minimins! Are you using propoints or discovery? Think your food looks great! If you are doing pp dont forget you can takebthat 1 little point off you weeklies. Thats what thy are there for! Good luck lovely!!

I am using pro points. Thanks for the well wishes. I will have to eat into my weekly points but tyring to hold on to most of them as we go to my parents for Sunday dinner every week and its difficult to calculate/and not go way over when it comes to homemade gravy and roast beef so I usually assume the Sunday meal takes up most my weeklies :)

Does anyone know roughly the points for Chinese restaurant meals? I am meeting friends next week and trying to minimise what I intake! Was thinking of having chicken and sweetcorn soup to start and soem sort of chicken dish with boiled rice for main but NO clue how to calculate!!

I am using pro points. Thanks for the well wishes. I will have to eat into my weekly points but tyring to hold on to most of them as we go to my parents for Sunday dinner every week and its difficult to calculate/and not go way over when it comes to homemade gravy and roast beef so I usually assume the Sunday meal takes up most my weeklies :)

Does anyone know roughly the points for Chinese restaurant meals? I am meeting friends next week and trying to minimise what I intake! Was thinking of having chicken and sweetcorn soup to start and soem sort of chicken dish with boiled rice for main but NO clue how to calculate!!

Try looking here lovely. Somewhere in this thread should be some help.

http://www.minimins.com/weight-watchers-propoints-queries/176630-few-take-away-pp.html

Hth

Xxx

Thank you. Good to have some guidelines! Here is todays food.

Breakfast: 1 egg & 2 Egg White Omlette with Spinach, Peppers, Mushrooms and Onions and 1 Quorn sausage 4 points
Lunch: Weight Watchers Veg Soup and 2 Crackerbread with Tuna/Lettuce and 1tbsp Light Mayo 5 points
Dinner: Quorn Mince with veggies in Tomato Passata and Large Potato 8 points
Snacks: Mily way Funsize, Weight Watchers Tortilla Wrap with Veg and Houmous, 2 Crackerbread with Philadelphia 10 points

Total 27 but went to the gym and earned 2 extra points so I have 1 to spare. Woohoo!!

Hi I had Chinese tonight after looking on WW e source on line looking on here and google i had Mushroom chow mein 8pp and roast pork cantonese 10 points and really enjoyed it my ww leader told me chow meins are the best to go for (great if you like noodles) but to steer clear of the currys and prawn toasts (3pp each) and prawn crackers my friend always has beef and mushroom 9 pp

Hi I had Chinese tonight after looking on WW e source on line looking on here and google i had Mushroom chow mein 8pp and roast pork cantonese 10 points and really enjoyed it my ww leader told me chow meins are the best to go for (great if you like noodles) but to steer clear of the currys and prawn toasts (3pp each) and prawn crackers my friend always has beef and mushroom 9 pp

Thanks so much for the info! I like Chow Mein so im happy with that! 9pp seems so low though doesnt it? Most of dinners i make at home are 10+ points so it seemss too good to be true!!

Hey :) I'm on 26p too but I have roughly 30pp per day so I know I'm using some weeklies lol

Btw I have a sunday dinner and I was told if I point it seperate, which I did, it only came to something like 10pp, but depends what u have! Mine was a couple of roast potatoes, roast chicken, chicken gravy, Yorkshire pud then veg :)

Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey :) I'm on 26p too but I have roughly 30pp per day so I know I'm using some weeklies lol

Btw I have a sunday dinner and I was told if I point it seperate, which I did, it only came to something like 10pp, but depends what u have! Mine was a couple of roast potatoes, roast chicken, chicken gravy, Yorkshire pud then veg :)

Xxx

Ooh Thanks for the info! That is far less than I had allocated but i did have a small piece of cheesecake too!

Trying to get my midweek food/work routine right at the mo! Yesterdays food was:

Frusli Bar & Juice Press Smoothie Carton 5 points
Cafe Salad with Chicken/Chickpeas/Lettice/Sundried Tomatoes & Sweet Peppers (Balsamic Dressing) & 1 Slice Brown Bread with Low Low 9 points (Total Guess but I dont think its more than this!)
Small Portion of Quorn Mince in Passata and Veggies 2 points
Weight Watcher Soup & 2 Scrambled Eggs, 1 Slice Bread and Low Low Spread 8 points
Fun Size Milky Way 2 points
Total : 26 points

Still on track and honestly I feel like I have so much more energy already. My appetite is also starting to shrink - Im not really hungry and the cravings for fatty foods have started to subside!!

I am having such a hungry day today. I have already hit my 26points and Im starvin! Its my time of the month in a few days. Wonder if that is having an impact?

Hey :) yes most do suffer wen totm is looming :)

Have some fruit! Today's nearly over :D xxx

Back