Food Diary (...and the rest) of a Katerpillar

Katerpillar

Losin the baby weight :-)
OK, I have been following SW now for 3 weeks and have so far lost 6.5lbs. Anyway, I think I have totally messed up this week!! It's weigh-in on Thursday for me and I will have definitely gained! :( :(

Weirdly though this massive deviation has left me with more will power and determination that ever to succeed. So, a food diary I feel is the best way forward! I am really rubbish at thinking up new meal ideas and am pretty sure I get things a bit wrong sometimes so any help or input you feel would be beneficial - please feel free!! :) Thanks x x

Here goes:

Tuesday 20th July - Red Day

Breakfast
2 x slice nimble bread (HexB) and 2 x EL Laughing Cow (HexA)

Lunch
Chicken and ham salad - lettuce, cucumber, tomato, red onion, jalepeno peppers, gherkins, chicken and sliced ham. 1 tsp of low fat salad cream (1syn)

Tea
SW quiche - vlf cottage cheese, eggs, peppers, mushrooms, onions, ham 21g topped with of VLF cheddar (HexA) - absolutley lush! Will defo be having that again!

Snacks / Extras
2 x cup of tea
1 x cup f coffe (Milk HexA)
1 x sml choc biscuit (3 syns)
4 x kiwi fruit
1 x 250ml of red wine (8 syns)

and then.....
1 x bite of OH's burger that he decided to make at midnight last night (?? - 5 syns??) :cry: I have no idea why I thought it would be a good idea tio watch him eat it or ask for a bite but I did! Then felt rubbish and had a go at him! All in all - a disaster burger!

Anwyay I told him I need some support and he has promised to try to help me from now on! He wants to lose some weight too so maybe it's the perfect time for us to do this together! He would never come to the classes (I go with his Mam and that would just be an ask too far I feel ha ha!!) but we can always start at home and see how it goes!

Last edited:
Wednesday 21st July 2010 - Green

Breakfast
2 x slice of Nimble bread (HexB) + 2 x EL fat Laughing Cow triangles (HexA)

Lunch
Bachelors beef rice

Tea
SW quiche - cottage cheese, eggs, onion, pepper, mushrooms, sweetcorn, cheese (HexA + 6 syns)
1 x pint of ribena (no sugar free juice left in the house - just looked this up and it is 5.5 syns!!!!!! :eek: Never again!!)

Weigh in tomorrow! Am not hopeful but tomorrow is another day!

Snacks / Extras
1 x cup of coffee
1 x cup of tea (milk HexA)
1 x banana and custard muller light poured over a chopped up apple
1 x sml choc biscuit (3 syns)

3.07pm - am off to give blood now - wonder if that will make me weigh less tomorrow?? :D:D

Last edited:
Thursday 22nd July 2010 - not sure yet - probably going to be a red day so I don't feel so bloated for weigh in - decided on Green at tea time!

6.30am - Bootcamp for 1 hour 15 minutes (felt very dizzy and sick - putting this down to giving blood yesterday afternoon, but more likely because I am sooo unfit!!)

Breakfast
One slice of brown Hovis bread (44g) (dry! - forgot to bring some breakfast to work and that is all that is in the Kitchen!) (HexB)

Lunch
Really bad! 1 slice of Hovis Wholemael (5.5 syns) with spread (2 syns) - just realised I may have been able to use this as my second B???
2 x 175ml glass red wine (12 syns)
1 x bag of beef monster munch (5.5 syns)
No excuses really! My best friend rang me at work and said she was in town and really wanted to see me so I went and met her and that is what ended up happening! Zero willpower, zero effort! Feel really bad but it's all my own fault! :cry::cry:

Feel totally ridiculous for even putting this food diary on here now - catalogue of disasters! Suppose it is good for one thing and showing me how weak I am! Am dreading weigh in tonight!!!

OK, so I went to group last night and wasn't planning on stay as thought I had my first gain! I lost 1.5lbs and got my half a stone award! I seriously can't believe it! So I obviously stayed! :D :D :D
I was - and am - over the moon! I felt so rusbbish yesterday after drinking wine and eating crisps that I thought I'd end up having a gain and then going home and eating loads of crap! I now I need to buck my ideas up - and that is the plan for this week!! When I got in I had:

Tea
Peppers, onions, dolmio sauce (6 syns) and rice - random but that was all that was in the house - really need to go shopping but don't get paid until next week so it's probably going to be a green week - so much cheaper to eat rice, potatoes, beans etc…..

Anyway, so I am hopefully back on track and ready to fight the flab another week!

Snacks / Extras
4 x cup of coffee (milk HexA)

Last edited:
Friday 23rd July 2010 - Green

Breakfast
Not sure if this allowed - the bread that we share in the Kitchen at work is Hovis Wholemeal so 1 slice is a HexB - I had 2 slices this morning as my 2 B choices - felt a bit wrong eating all that bread - really need to buy some Nimble for the Kitchen.
So I have had 2 x HexB with 1 tsp of spread (2 syns)

By the way, there was a bacon sandwich run in my office this morning - I wasn't even tempted - until they got back and they smelt LUSH!!! But they looked grease-a-rama!! My toast probably tasted better anyway!! :rolleyes:

Lunch
Batchelors beef rice
Muller light yoghurt - vanilla with chocolate sprinkles and an apple

Tea
SW chips
Beef - 85g steak (not sure how manysyns this is as used all my B's but I couldn't resist and it was worth it!) and potato casserole

Snacks / Extras
2 x cup of tea - (Milk - HexA)
1 lb of pea pods
3 x light mini babybel (HexA)
2 x 175ml glass of red wine (12 syns)

Have had all my Hex's now which might have been a mistake on a Friday night but hopefuly not!

Last edited:
Hello, hope you dont mind me butting into your diary!!

Congratulations on your loss and award!!

I always have a few "blips" in the week and think I am going to gain when I weigh but I always lose something (or STS).

I am also a sucker for the "odd" glass of wine. Cant just leave the bottle there half full, so me and OH always end up drinking a bottle between us.... oopppss! :p

Hey Bubbalicious!

Thank you for stopping by - of course I don’t mind! I’m a bit embarrassed by what I’ve actually had so far :eek: but at least if I’m writing it down it might stop me going WAY off course! I was going to have a pint of cider last night just because my OH was – I’m really not even that keen on cider and I thought to myself – after everything you wrote on your food diary yesterday for everyone to see – do you really want to add that as well?? ha ha ha – stupid but it helped!! :D

I’ve tried to stop buying wine during the week because it just calls my name and like you say – in for a glass, in for a bottle – God, I sound like a right wino now – ha ha!

Anyway, am back on track today and this is the first weekend since starting SW that I haven’t got an event of some sort on so hopefully I can be 100 % ……Watch this space!

Have a good weekend :) :)

I am a sucker for a pint of cider Im afraid, especially if the sun is out!!

Good luck, will keep an eye on your diary for any naughtyness.... ha ha! :D

Have a fun weekend!

Saturday 24th July 2010 - Extra Easy

Boot camp at 8.00am for 1 hour

Breakfast
Beans and mushrooms on 2 x slice of WW malted danish bread (HexB)

Lunch
3 x eggs and 1 x slice of WW malted danish bread (HexB)

and then...

.....went to the pub for what was meant to be a sharp swift half and left very drunk! Too many syns to add up I think! :party0036:
When got in - 1 x burger and 4 x chicken bites
Writing today off I'm afraid! :(

Snacks / Extras
2 x cup of coffee - (Milk - HexA)

Last edited:
The malted danish brown isn't a healthy extra B. Only the WW danish brown or WW thick wholemeal. Sorry! xxxx

:eek: :cry: good job you spotted that - thank you!!! That has been the main bread I hav been using as my HexB for the last 4 weeks!! - what a numpty! :sigh: x x

Last edited:
Sunday 25th July - Extra Easy

Breakfast
2 x nimble bread (HexB) with spread (2 syns)
I know I shouldn't have been having syns today but I felt quite rough even though I was in bed by 9.30pm! NO sympathy I know.........:sigh:

Lunch
Sunday lunch at the OH's parents - luckily I am doing Slimming World with the OH's Mam so she made the perfect SW lunch -
Pork with all fat removed, boiled potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, courgettes, peas and carrots with gravy (3 syns) and mint sauce - hmmmm!

Tea
1 x chicken breast with chargrill seasoning and 1 boiled egg - was still full after my lunch and wanted to lie on couch and feel sorry for myself!! WILL have a better day tomorrow - a little more imaginiative hopefully!

Extras / Snakcs
3 x cup of coffee (HexA)

Monday 26th July - Red

Breakfast

2 x nimble bread (HexB) with spread (2 syns)

Lunch
Chicken tikka salad - lettuce, cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, gherkins, jalepenos, red onion, chicken tikka cubes, pepper, lemon juice

Tea
Pork medallions fried in fry light with onion, courgette, mushrooms and garlic served with brocolli and cauliflower

Extras / Snacks
2 x cup of coffee (milk - HexA)
1 x pack of mussel meat
1 x banana and custard muller light yoghurt
1 x apple
2 x Light babybels
Half of the OH's prosciutto ham and cheese sandwich at about 10pm last night! Wasn't even hungry but since when has that mattered?! (not checked syns yet - will do when I get home! - a lot, no doubt!) :mad:

Last edited:
Tuesday 27th July - Red

1 hour of bootcamp at 6.30am

Breakfast
2 x nimble bread (HexB) with spread (2 syns) and 2 x Light Babybel (HexA)

Lunch
Mussel meat salad - lettuce, cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, gherkins, jalepenos, red onion, mussel meat, lemon juice, 1 tsp of very low fat salad cream (2 syns??)

Tea
Put a hotpot in the slow cooker before I left the house this morning - haven't done this for ages! Love the smell when you walk through the front door and you've got a ready made tea!! :)
Pork, steak, mushroom, courgettes, onions and gravy (will note syns once consumed!! :rolleyes:) - was indeed this and beautiful it was! (3 syns for gravy)

Extras / Snacks
1 x apple
1 x Mullerlight Vanilla Yogurt Sprinkled with Dark Chocolate
1 x Light Babybel (HexA)
1 x light Babybel (2 syns)
2 x chocolate fingers (3 syns)
1 x 175 glass of red wine (6 syns)

It's 16.28 and I have been sat in the office on my own for far too long now surrounded by cakes and chocolate biscuits! I have just had 2 chocolate fingers and am thinking I need to go home now before I eat the box!!! :whistle:

Total syns = 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 +3 + 6 = 18

Last edited:
Wednesday 28th July - Red

Breakfast
1 x nimble bread (HexB) with 1 x extra light Laughing Cow (HexA)

Lunch
Mussel meat salad - lettuce, cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, gherkins, jalepenos, red onion, mussel meat, lemon juice

Tea
Leg of deer (cooked in the slow cooker) with courgettes and mushrooms and gravy (3 syns)

Extras / Snacks
2 x cup of coffee (HexA)
6 x slices of ham
1 x apple
1 x banana and custard Muller light
1 x 250ml glass of red wine (8.5 syns)

Total syns for the day = 3 + 8.5 = 11.5

Last edited:
Thursday 29th July - Red (Weigh Day) :fear:
1 hour of bootcamp at 6.30am

Breakfast
2 x nimble slices with spread (2 syns) and 2 boiled eggs

Lunch
An apple, a mandarin, some mussel meat and a banana and custard Muller Light (didn't have breakfast until gone 10am and only just got to work about half an hour ago so am making do with what's in the fridge)

Tea

Extras / Snacks

Last edited:
Hiya Ellebear - to be honest I was very wary of trying it! Luckily I wasn't thinking of Bambi as I tucked into it - think that would have been a bit too much!! :(

My boyfriend got it - he likes weird stuff! It's a red meat with quite a strong taste - was OK but I wouldn't choose to have it again! My dogs loved it though!! :D

thanks for replying hun - so quite a tough red meat then!

i might stick to chickens and steaks :) xxx

Lost 0.5lb last night! :( Bit gutted but it's better than a gain and I know why it's so small - I really need to lay off the wine!! :eek:

Friday 30th July - Green

Breakfast
Nothing! :eek: I got to work late and had to go stright into a meeting - got out about 15 minutes ago so am going out now to get some lunch.

Lunch
Jacket potato with beans and cottage cheese with onion and chives and 2 x light babybel (HexA)

Tea
SW fritters with cajun spice and garlic, beans and eggs

Snacks / Extras
1 x punnet of blackberries
1 x Mandarin Muller Light
2 x cup of tea (Milk HexA)
1 x Light Babyel (HexA)
1 x slice of Nimble bread (HexB) with vlf cottage cheese with onion and chive

Last edited:
Back