Food diary in the public eye, will hopefully help me lose 5 stones!

Have moved forums, hello!

Started this week and I need to put my food input out into the public so that I can stay on track. I have poor will power lol I am also doing this from home so even harder to stay on track.

Today was EE.

B: Actimel (1.5)
L: Veg and prawn risotto, activia
D: Pasta with peas, mushrooms, small tin of tuna (in oil, drained, I think 3.5), cheese (A)

Quite a good day, the last 3 days have been poor.

Here's to tomorrow! :)

Another good day and with a tasty dinner!

B: Banana, actimel (1.5)
L: Couscous with some roasted veg (frozen from morrisons, Tesco ones were 4 syns/100g but that was years ago) Will count this as 4 to be on the safe side.
D: Veg curry from an old SW mag (onions, carrots, courgette, chick peas, cauliflower, spices, coconut milk (1), veg stock)
Rice and mango chutney (2)

Total syns: 8.5. Didn't have any healthy extras as no need for them today.

Feeling quite stuffed so I doubt there will be any snacking. Just a coffee later :)

Another good day :)

B: Coffee
L: Left over veg curry (2)
D: Beans & 30g cheese (HEa) on toast - 4.5 as finishing up the 50/50 in the freezer

Cadburys highlight (2) and 2 biscuits (5)

Total for the day: 13.5

Weigh day tomorrow and going to a do. Next update on Monday!

So yesterday was a bit of a blow out but I really enjoyed it so that is ok. Yesterday was also my weigh day and I lost 5 pounds!! Will update food intake later

L: Couscous with previously cooked Moroccan turkey (2.5) - still eating out of the freezer, actimel, clementine
D: Indian style pork kebab with rice - from an old slimming world magazine. It was YUM!

Going to have half a Mr Kipling Victoria slice with coffee, so another 3.

Total syns: 7

Hope I'm doing this right!! :)

Tuesday with the Friday feeling, except work for 3 more days boooooo!!!

B: No surprises here, it was a banana and an actimel (1.5)
L: Left over kebab and rice, activia
D: Pasta with veg sauce (pepper, aubergine, garlic, courgette, olives, capers, celery, onion) SO GOOD and only half a syn! 30g cheese (HEa)

2 sweets at work, going to guess 3 syns
Homemade cupcake 6.5

Total syns: 11.5

It started off well, banana and an actimel (1.5), even the biscuit was ok (3.5).

Lunch was a respectable 0.5.

Then after a not so busy but very long feeling day at work I got home and realised that what I was going to make needed chilling for 6-8hrs prior to cooking (falafel burgers). Hubby also had one of those days and we ended up going out to eat. A mistake.

All you can eat burger and hot dog buffet. My plate looked like an Atkins delight. I was quite proud at not picking up any bread but did have a scoop of chips. That's bad enough but then hubby wanted a sundae and my will power has been fairly poor of late so, yep I had one too. It was very nice and gooey and chocolaty but now feeling like a beached whale. Wish I could bottle this feeling for next time, perhaps a look back at this post will be enough.

Well, one week ago I weighed myself, put on 3lbs then went on holiday. I ate loads and walked loads and after a week away I have stayed the same!! I was straight onto the eating well plan yesterday and I ate veg pasta bake for lunch then turkey stir fry for dinner (4.5).

Today was good too:
L: Mugshot, yoghurt, clementine
D: BBQ style turkey marinated overnight and cooked for 9hrs in the slow cooker. OMG it was good! Had that with some rice and veg.

Going to have a toffee crisp biscuit with coffee for 5 syns and had a cough sweet, going to count that as 1.

Total for the day: 7.5

Another good day. Higher end of the syns but not too worried about that.

L: Left over turkey, rice and veg, yoghurt
D: Had a starter of calamari which was from the freezer. If I do the 20cals = 1 syn then the small portion was 12 syns but I think because it is fish then it might be less syns. Can't find the syn value on-line. Pasta kinda puttanesca with fish - nom! Ooh had some cheese (A)

Will have a toffee crisp biscuit later (5) with a coffee. (although I may have to munch on cough sweets urgh)

Total for the day 18.5

Extra Easy day

B: Porridge (B), milk (A), nutella (4)....so good!! An actimel (1.5)
L: Left over pasta from last night
D: Rice, veg curry (1)

Toffee crisp biscuit later (5). Think I need to get some lower syn goodies to have with a coffee in the evenings, although the toffee crisp biscuits are rather lush :D

Total for the day: 11.5

Bit sad in that I am really looking forward to lunch tomorrow which I made this evening. It's a Mexican rice salad from an old SW mag and smells really tasty! Tomorrow evening I am going to a birthday do so will be having a buffet style dinner, am going to try very hard to make good choices and allow myself a slice of cake :)

I have no idea what yesterday ended up being. I think I'll call it a Purple day!

B: Coffee
L: Mexican rice salad - very tasty. Had a mugshot later in the day too.
D: Birthday buffet - nearly everything was bready! I ended up having some noodles, a slice of cheese & tomato pizza (can I count the cheese as an A?), half a bread roll (B) with lettuce and salami, some breaded chicken strips, some other bready bits. Also had half a plate of fruit and NO cake!

I am very sure my syns were over but I think it could have been worse.

Today (Saturday) is an extra easy day. Going to be a high syn weekend as not at home.

B: One slice of 400g loaf (3), honey (1.5), Latte (4.5)
L: Home-made soup. I didn't cook this but have worked out the portion at 6.5 syns. Small bread roll (B). Fruit & yoghurt
D: I'm going to make a SW spag bol (free!) with cheese (A)

Going to avoid all other snackage today but more fruit available in emergencies...

Total for today = 15.5. I thought it was going to be more than this so quite pleased. I would really love a 4lb lose this week as this would put me back on track to lose 1.5lbs/week. Fingers crossed!

That doesn't sound too bad :)
Like you said could have been worse :)
At least you are 'trying' to make good choices when you have no control over things:)

do you have a recipe for the mexican rice salad ? ....sounds good!

and did you have nutella the other day on your porridge? :).....sounds like a good idea :)

good luck for the 4 lbs off, when is your weigh in day ? :)

Back