Food diary - would this work

laura33

I've just started SW today and I'm struggling to get through the books and work out what I should be having, so I winged it a bit today, would this have worked out okay?

Breakfast/Lunch
Grilled tomatos, mushrooms, bacon, 1 scrambled egg and 1 slice 50/50 toast with small bit of marg and marmite

Dinner
Rib Eye steak - mushrooms, onions, cauliflower, brocoli, carrots, small jacket potato gravy

Extra
Jelly and cream

4 cups of tea with milk no sugar

That's it,sounds a lot when I write it down!!!

Would that be a good day or a bad day! LOL

Okay I'm going to go through each meal if you don't mind?

I'm assuming you're on an Extra Easy day?

Breakfast/Lunch
Grilled tomatos, mushrooms, bacon, 1 scrambled egg and 1 slice 50/50 toast with small bit of marg and marmite
This is all great but the 50/50 bread has to be synned as it doesn't qualify as a healthy extra. What you could have instead is 2 slices of wholemeal bread (from a small 400g loaf) or 1 thick slice from an average 800g loaf. The margarine has to be synned as well. Marmite is free. You can get syn values of foods in the middle bit of your green/red book or online. If you attend a group they give you a password every week which takes you into the online syn bank.

Dinner
Rib Eye steak - mushrooms, onions, cauliflower, brocoli, carrots, small jacket potato gravy
The steak must be trimmed of all visible fat and all the veg is free unless cooked with oil, in which case the oil must be synned. Gravy should also be synned

Extra
Jelly and cream
These must be synned as well, unless you used sugar free jelly which is free!

4 cups of tea with milk no sugar
Milk can count as your healthy extra A choice (Skimmed 350ml, semi skimmed 250ml, whole milk 175ml)

Basically on Extra easy you can have any food listed as free on red and green days. You must also have 1 healthy extra A (milk & cheese) and 1 healthy extra B (bread, cereal etc) and 10-15 syns a day for your extra bits.

Hope this helps

Extra Easy Syns

Thanks for your help, also if I'm following Extra Easy - when I look at the syns book, do I use syns values for Original day or Green day, thanks again Laura xx

Yep, just like MommyB said, on extra easy days you go for the lower syn value.

Back