Food food everywhere .....

Daisysp8

I must admit it is getting soooo hard to stay on track at the moment with all this xmas food and choccy everywhere :cry:

I Luuuurrrvvveeee xmas nommage .. and have Lindors chocs (had em bought for my birthday last week) and Tobelle (already opened and part nommed :rolleyes:) ... amongst other things ... i`m trying to be good ... honest i am, but daaaaaaamn i`m holding on by my fingernails right now .... i`ll be glad when January gets here, and the boy is back at school .. and normality in my routine is resumed.

Anyone else struggling with the festive foods on offer ?

I know and I'm glad I'm not the only one finding it hard at the moment. I've got an Xmas lunch this Thursday, friends Xmas meal out next Tuesday and a work Xmas day out at the german Market next Thursday.

Then its Xmas! Am nervous about weigh in tomorrow.

:eek: God this is so hard lol! I have chocs in (given by relatives for kids) and wine ready for xmas and New Year, oh and nice bottle of rum.

Have had to give away a bar of Baileys chocolate that was bought for me as just couldn't have it in house any longer, its my fav :rolleyes:.

Have got xmas meal booked at hotel for this Thursday coming and will be eating drinking ev thing I want then back on plan Fri. Am really hoping to hit target wed so being extra good this week to lose 2lbs and having goodies in the house is not making it easy!

Good luck resisting all that temptation every one, its not easy x

Blooming heck Cat just checking out your Stats ... you`ve done ever so well :) .... really got my fingers crossed you get target :) x

Thank you hun, I am so determind to get there before xmas. No more 'New Year' diet, just maintenance.

You have done fabby too hun, well done! x:)

Nommage! :) love that word Dais!

I haven't got a sweet tooth, but have got my worst over with this weekend. When I look back (two consecitive "do's") I think I did well really. One (seafood mornay) was probably one of the best dishes I've ever had! so even if it was bad, it was a gamble worth taking. Prbably still worked out a lot better than a fish and chip supper or even a Macdonalds syn-wise.

Keep strong Daisy;)

Its the treats at work that are killing me. EVERY day I have had a supplier come in and give us all bottles of wine each, boxes of chocs, one even sent a Fish n Chip van to work so we could all have lunch.

ONE healthy alternative would be nice. I have mentioned it, and the woman this week said, ahh sod the diet, its christmas. I said Im not on a diet, its about health. She promised to bring in something better next time. GAH.

Its so hard when its there, one man last week poured Quality Street onto my desk as I was on a call, I couldnt say anything. I have them away but I swear to god, this is testing me....

Thank you hun, I am so determind to get there before xmas. No more 'New Year' diet, just maintenance.

You have done fabby too hun, well done! x:)

Thanks .... I am contemplating revising my target weight and going for a bit more ......... You and I are similar heights so i`m thinking it wouldn`t hurt for me to get rid of another 7 lbs or so x

Nommage! :) love that word Dais!

I haven't got a sweet tooth, but have got my worst over with this weekend. When I look back (two consecitive "do's") I think I did well really. One (seafood mornay) was probably one of the best dishes I've ever had! so even if it was bad, it was a gamble worth taking. Prbably still worked out a lot better than a fish and chip supper or even a Macdonalds syn-wise.

Keep strong Daisy;)

I`ll try lol .... so much easier said than done ... I swear i can smell the chocolate ;) .... You`ve done ever so well though too .... Check out your latest weigh in !!!! ........ You are a slimming legend Mr "slim pants" :worthy:

Its the treats at work that are killing me. EVERY day I have had a supplier come in and give us all bottles of wine each, boxes of chocs, one even sent a Fish n Chip van to work so we could all have lunch.

ONE healthy alternative would be nice. I have mentioned it, and the woman this week said, ahh sod the diet, its christmas. I said Im not on a diet, its about health. She promised to bring in something better next time. GAH.

Its so hard when its there, one man last week poured Quality Street onto my desk as I was on a call, I couldnt say anything. I have them away but I swear to god, this is testing me....

Crikey ... you my dear have will power of steel :D .... if i had Quality Street poured on my desk they`d have been gone ... nommed instantaniously, before hitting the desk .. inclusive of wrappings oh yes seeerrrrreeeeee !!! Blooming well done and round of applause for resisting !!

Thanks .... I am contemplating revising my target weight and going for a bit more ......... You and I are similar heights so i`m thinking it wouldn`t hurt for me to get rid of another 7 lbs or so x

Don't take it too far though hun, I am very small build so can not get away with carrying a lot of weight unfortunately.
I know it is really hard deciding where to stop. I was thinking maybe another half stone but decided to stop 126lb as struggled with my weight since teenage years and want to maintain it and not make myself miserable.

Good luck what ever you decide xx

My God, where on earth do you work!?! Fish and Chip van!!!!

I have 3 'do's' this week.

Wednesday My department do. We are going to Prezzo's where I've ordered Bruchetta for starters (I'll only eat half!!), pasta with chilli and tomato sauce (not too bad) and the cheesecake for pud (I'll only eat half of this as well). I won't be drinking at this one as I have an induction evening at college straight after!

Thursday I'm going christmas shopping with DH and he is taking me to Jamies for lunch ...... pasta again then, but will I be able to resist the Chocolate and Raspberry sponge pudding!!!!!!!

Friday I have the office do at a lovely hotel. I've ordered soup for starters (good choice) then turkey dinner (good choice) and Strawberry Charlotte for pud (I'll only eat half). This will involve quite a bit of drinking but I will stick to Bacardi and diet coke though as I really can't deal with hangovers as all I want to do is eat carbs!!!!!

Wish me luck ;)

My God, where on earth do you work!?! Fish and Chip van!!!!

I have 3 'do's' this week.

Wednesday My department do. We are going to Prezzo's where I've ordered Bruchetta for starters (I'll only eat half!!), pasta with chilli and tomato sauce (not too bad) and the cheesecake for pud (I'll only eat half of this as well). I won't be drinking at this one as I have an induction evening at college straight after!

Thursday I'm going christmas shopping with DH and he is taking me to Jamies for lunch ...... pasta again then, but will I be able to resist the Chocolate and Raspberry sponge pudding!!!!!!!

Friday I have the office do at a lovely hotel. I've ordered soup for starters (good choice) then turkey dinner (good choice) and Strawberry Charlotte for pud (I'll only eat half). This will involve quite a bit of drinking but I will stick to Bacardi and diet coke though as I really can't deal with hangovers as all I want to do is eat carbs!!!!!

Wish me luck ;)

Wow you are sooo good only eating half your pud lol. I couldn't do it. Good on yer! x

Wow you are sooo good only eating half your pud lol. I couldn't do it. Good on yer! x

Well, that's the theory anyway ..... we'll see when the time comes. :D

Lol i was just thinking the same thing, it`d be all or nothing for me :) I`m sure you`ll be fine the MD .... Above all else enjoy it hunny :D

I have already eaten a box of biscuuits someone bought me (I didn't eat all of them but pretty damn close call) - then I have two other big boxes of biscuits and tonight my son came in with a pressie from his girlfriend for us - it is OBVIOUSLY a very large box of choc's - I think thorntons - and I am already salavating..............rotten xmas (Nah, I love it really).

I Know exactly what u mean Daisy,i have already opened one present 9(chocs meant for someone else)..:sigh:so roll on january,get all this temptation out of the way...jen

Its soooo difficult isn't it!!! There is temptation everywhere i look, i must say my willpower is starting to give way, i haven't given in yet but i have told my partner to make me a Christmas day hamper of ALL my fav foods! I am giving myself Christmas day and New years eve off the diet and i'm going to really enjoy myself!

In my hamper there will be wave cut Kettle chips, Cadburys nibbles, Mars planets, vanilla fudge, rose wine, baileys and for breakfast i am having a croissant and a bacon sarnie!! Hehe! I can't wait...i have been 100% strict on my diet since the 13th of Sept and have lost 33lbs so i think i can give myself 2 days off! Although i am panicking about how much weight i may put on eating all that!

Is anyone else having Christmas day off?

It is so hard when i am out and about with food everywhere and the smells are so georgeous :'( but I just keep repeating the reasons why I am doing SW and the benefits of staying on track will in time over-ride the temptation and feel so good reaching my goal :)

man! that's as mad as a box of frogs!!

If someone sent a fish & chip van to me, I'd ask the driver to nip down to Morrisons and get me a salad:cool:

Not easy keeping this halo polished you know!

Back