Food hygiene questions!

nila

Can anyone help please?

I bought 2 ready roasted chickens yesterday from Morrison's, but we only ate one do today I've ripped all the meat off it, saved some for lunch and put some in the Dukan quiche thingies. But they always say on those things to eat them the day they are cooked, I always ignore that and eat it the next day and am fine, but will it be ok for a couple of days in the quiches??

Also I took some smoked salmon out of the freezer last night and left in the fridge to defrost... How long will that be safe for?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you :)

I whittle so much about food hygiene yet I'm rarely ill from food so I don't know why!

Just tasted the quiches, used cottage cheese instead of quark this time and they are YUMMY!

Agree as long as food smells ok rule of thumb it is, dates on foods are a guide line h&s sometimes goes mad x

I hardly take any notice of dates on most foods, as long as it looks and smells ok il eat/drink it! I know the limits with my stomach!

I must admit I have a bit of a thing about chicken and fish and length of time til its 'bad'.

I bought the chickens lst week, the second was stripped and kept in a freezer for a couple of days. If you are re-cooking with it then you are gettign rid of any bacteria anyway so it will last at least a couple of days. The fact they've been cooked again in the quiches, you could always freeze them.

Fish, definately smell gives it away. If either really really don't smell right, then don't eat.

Back