Food Intolerances

Anahita_x

Just had my results for a food intolerance test and i am a bit dumb founded.
I am very intollerant to high acid forming foods, which explains my acid reflux and ibs symptoms.
So they have advised a minimum 70% alkaline and maximum 30% acidic diet. Have any of you heard of this or can help in any way? been researching all morning and seems i should be eating 70% vegan. oh I didnt mention I am also intolerant to dairy. Apprently white meat/fish max of once a day and wholemeal alternatives but no rice. ( i have been following wholemeal diet for a while anyway cos i thought i had some kind of wheat intolerance but apparently its cos there is much more acid forming from white carbs than wholemeal) interesting.. anyway im left abit lost! I have to eat mainly fruit and veg. any of you dairy intollerant or have the same issues as me? would love some advice..
thanks xx

I am having the same problems. I have had ibs for 5 years now and have just last week come out of hospital as had cramping pains and constant nausea they thought was appendix at first but now not sure so probs ave similar tests to u. Been put on omeprazole and cyclizine to try and help but as I'm sure u are too I'm fed up with it now.
I hope u find the help u need. X

Hiya, sorry to hear that, hope you are feeling better. what have you been tested for? I have ibs too, awful isnt it. I have been doing research on my results and have stuck to less acidic forming foods today, and I have had no acid reflux or tummy pains at all, still been taking my mebevrine tho (anti-spasmotics) I have just purchased a book called the ph miracle, apparently this acid/alkaline thing is quite common for western society and our eating habits, I am giving it a try. will keep you updated, I got it from amazon if you are interested. Really not enjoying the non-dairy side of it!!
But if its what it takes i will do it, A few reviews sound similar to my problems which have disappeared after a few weeks on the diet xx

Hiya . I had bloods taken, ultrasounds, X-rays, the lot! Not sure Wat thy looking for to b honest. I'm not wheat intolerant I know that much coz they told me.
Yeah the pains from ibs are a nightmare! I can't eat or drink certain things else I b in agony within 15 mins of Avin it. Can't ave coffee, certain cheeses, spices.
I hope ur problems get sorted soon x

Ah I'm the same with cheese and milk, and white simple carbs. My intolerance test came bk with a low of things I need to avoid tho like vinegars/condiments, all oils, spicy food, all beans, turkey, cocoa powder. Etc etc what am I gona do?! X

That's Gunna b really hard to cut all of those things out! Have u been on omeprazole before? Really helps with the acid in the stomach . Mine has been so much better since being on them x

Anahita_x said:
Ah I'm the same with cheese and milk, and white simple carbs. My intolerance test came bk with a low of things I need to avoid tho like vinegars/condiments, all oils, spicy food, all beans, turkey, cocoa powder. Etc etc what am I gona do?! X

Have you looked at the eat for you blood type diet - there is an app and a book - the info I had around my food intolerances more or less matched what this diet says. Just need to know your blood type

Back