Food journey.

Alcofrollic

I didn't think to start here on my first day, so I'll start with yesterday which was day 3 on attack:

1: 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites, 1 packet of sliced bresaola.
2: Couple slices of home roasted lean beef with Dukan mustard sauce
3: Home roasted chicken breast pieces (just under a breasts worth), pot of SF jelly.
4: Oatbran and fromage frais
5: Big slice of turkey breast, floating islands

Liquids: 2 mugs of tea with skimmed milk and sweetener, 1.5 litres of water.

The only real time I got hungry was before the turkey, because I'd forgotten to get it out of the freezer, so was getting that defrosted.

Hi! I have just posted on the other wall but it's nice to see you have started a diary. I feel it helps keeps me focused on what I'm eating if I have to tell the world at the end of each day lol! I don't suppose you could post your floating island recipe please! X

Day 4 on Attack:

1: crust free chicken quiche (yum!)
2: Oat bran with fromage frais and sweetener
3: 4 scrambled egg whites, SF jelly pot
4: half a roast chicken, small bowl ice cream (I'm loving I can eat this)

Drinks:
2 mugs of black tea with sweetener
1.5 litres water

food looking good and you're remembering your oatbran which is good.

Thanks a lot, it's good to know I'm eating enough. Still need to get used to being able to eat when I want to, if you know what I mean...

Icecream? Tell me more! Good luck with the early rise this morning!!

With regards to the ice cream, just use the custard recipe for the Floating Islands (I've put this into the recipes section if you don't have the book), and then freeze it! It's really delicious, tastes just like the Haagen Dazs vanilla ice cream.

The rising early didn't quite happen today, but, we were testing something. For the past couple days we've been awake at around 9am with full bladders, so after we've been to the bathroom we weigh ourselves. The past two days when we've done this we've gained 100g each. So yesterday feeling bad about it, we went back to bed. Four hours later got up and weighed ourselves again and we were 500g lighter. Today the same happened, up at 9am, went to the bathroom, weighed ourselves, 100g heavier than yesterday. Go back to bed for four hours, only to be 500g lighter.

With regards to the ice cream, just use the custard recipe for the Floating Islands (I've put this into the recipes section if you don't have the book), and then freeze it! It's really delicious, tastes just like the Haagen Dazs vanilla ice cream.

The rising early didn't quite happen today, but, we were testing something. For the past couple days we've been awake at around 9am with full bladders, so after we've been to the bathroom we weigh ourselves. The past two days when we've done this we've gained 100g each. So yesterday feeling bad about it, we went back to bed. Four hours later got up and weighed ourselves again and we were 500g lighter. Today the same happened, up at 9am, went to the bathroom, weighed ourselves, 100g heavier than yesterday. Go back to bed for four hours, only to be 500g lighter.

FOUR HOURS!!!!!!!!!! Blimey that is a late morning.

I find most mornings I need two wees before I get weighed. Our body holds onto the wee for so long that i think when we go to the loo we can't expel it all straight away cos of the push agains other organs etc., I wait 10mins (usually having cuddle with DD) and then go for another wee, have a wash and get weighed.

try not too drink too much before bed, or at least within 3 hours of bed. i usually have my last drink around 9.

I am gonna have to try the island recipe. Might have a go tomorrow, though I will have to reduce the portions LOL

Thank you for the icecream suggestion. I'll check out the recipe cos I admit that I'd forgotten about Dukan custard. I've been freezing 0% yoghurts and having one each night as "icecream" which is nice too!
I can't imagine going back to bed once "up". Something I've not done since my teens actually! Even at the weekend, I'm up at 7am! Just can't sleep late! Mind you, I'm asleep in front of the tv in the evening, whereas I expect you stay up late. I guess it's just a question of resetting your body clocks. Perhaps get up and go out for a walk or some shopping. It'd be diet friendly too! Maybe stop doing a weekly shop, and go out each day in the morning for whatever you need that day... just a thought! The exercise will help too!

Thanks for the tips Maintainer, and yes, we're usually up gone 1am still. We were up at 10am today though, so hopefully that'll help with resetting the body clock! :)

With the ice cream, just make sure you take it out of the freezer a little bit before you want it, as I found out lastnight, it freezes quite solid!

Day 5 Attack:

1: 6 scrambled egg whites with 4 slices of bresaola
2: Oat bran with fromage frais, 3 seafood sticks
3: 2 soy and ginger turkey breast steaks
4: Mustard-quark chicken breast

Drinks:

1.5 water

I was wondering how solid it would freeze. I made some yogurt ice cream in my icecream maker a few weeks ago and it was very solid. had to leave it out an hour first.

I made the floating islands tonight, not sure i did it right cos recipe doesn't say how long to leave whites in milk for. I loved the custard, was so yum. Will def be makign it again, it wasn't that thick and didn't set, but its lovely as a creamy pudding.

The custard is so delicious! It's not supposed to set though, it's supposed to be the water, and the meringues the islands floating along :D
i can't exactly remember how long we poached the egg whites for.. But we did flip them to make sure the tops cooked. They're supposed to be set all the way through, but still be light and fluffy.

Hmm I probably did them right, but custard when cold usually sets. I tried making it for ice cream, took it out and forgot it and it had seperated once i went back to it. Grrr, need to take off heat earlier i think.

ah no... floating island "custard" is runny... delicious! I often order it out when not dieting! Lovely dessert! I've responded to your query ref alternance on the other board, Alcofrollic :)

Im going try that thanks love New recipes xxx

Back