Food packs

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by jrabbit81, 23 November 2011 Social URL.

1. jrabbit81

jrabbit81 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(8.52%)
    Diet:
    Diet chef
    Ok folks I'm going to start Tuesday!! I was just wondering, can we choose our own food packs or do we just get a selection ? Xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. eatlikeabird

eatlikeabird Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st2.5lb(23.73%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi, Welcome. You can pick your own packs. Its really hard to know which ones you will like, so I got a variety in the first week. You can exchange ones you don't like mid week, ask your LLC.
    Congratulations on your loss so far, well done.

4. lozzer58

lozzer58 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    Hi, Its worth trying them all in the beginning everyone will have their favourites of course. I try to have a variation shakes, soups and bars and porridge, chilli and shephards but i know people who just live on one flavour of shake quite happily.

5. Debbi8489

Debbi8489 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.6lb(6.09%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    I'd echo the advice to get a variety of packs to find out what you like. Whats suits me may not suit you :)

6. Spanglymum

Spanglymum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    107.27kg
    Current Weight:
    101.83kg
    Goal Weight:
    69.85kg
    Lost(%):
    5.4kg(5.07%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm also going to echo what the others have said. It's impossible to know before you try them which ones you will prefer, and your tastes may change over time on the programme. You can definitely swap packs in your 'pop in' in the first week, so I'd say just take a wide selection.

Oh and do remember they are a kind of medicine to lose weight, and although they're called 'food' packs, any resemblance they may have to actual food is purely coincidental! (some of them are decidedly strange, but once I got my head round the contents of the packet not being necessarily the same as their labels might suggest, I found most of them palatable.) oh and i also found it helped to think of astronauts with their peculiar but practical freeze dried rations... Made me chuckle, and keeping cheerful on this plan goes a LONG way to keeping you on track!!

7. Lilian15

Lilian15 Member

I would also say that as time passes to occasionally try one or two that you didn't like at the beginning.
    I used to think the chilli con carne was awful, but I tried it again this week and I didn't dislike it half as much as I did in the first weeks.

I also find a little salt and pepper in the soups and/or red tabasco makes them a bit more tasty.

8. MrsBurgundy

MrsBurgundy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st8.6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.6lb(14.96%)
    Diet:
    Slim and save
    Agreed!!!

I used to HATE Vanilla and the Shepherds Pie, now they're my two favourites!!! So weird!!
    Seem to go through phases of food packs....maybe it's seasonal?!?!
    xxxxxxxxxxxx

9. jrabbit81

jrabbit81 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(8.52%)
    Diet:
    Diet chef
    Sorry guys thinks I'm going to do cambridge diet instead, CDC is just up the road from my house and it's a lot cheaper :) xxx

10. eatlikeabird

eatlikeabird Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st2.5lb(23.73%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Good luck, I'm sure you will be very successful.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.