Extra Easy Food to increase energy?

Ch3rrie

Is there such a thing?
I've been so tired lately. I know its because I'm not sleeping too well, or when I do, my 'lovely' daughter wants to stay up all night!!
I use coffee, tea and energy drinks and I would prefer not to. Energy drinks are only used for energy. Tea I only have if my partner is making one. I love coffee but don't have a lot and don't drink it just for energy.

I'm sitting here half asleep and was wondering if there are any healthier ways to get some energy....
I know exercise helps.
Are there any fruits or veg that would help too?
I don't take vitamins, would buying some help?

I'd say lots of water and fruit in general! Fruit is high in natural sugars so it should give you that "pick me up" you need. I think bananas and grapes are particularly good for this :)

I love grapes so that's really good to know.
I really really need to drink more water too. Its the one thing I forget I need to do!

How old is your daughter?

Yep - Carbohydrates! Carbohydrates | Bupa UK Well, in moderation of course...:D

As for the energy drinks, I'm not sure they are helping you at all. There is a lot of negative information on the internet re these and often it seems you can get the 'crash and burn' effect after having them. Personally, I've never tried them so I couldn't say for sure but some of the others may be able to post about these and let you know.

I think also if you are a busy mum it is difficult to juggle everything and it's no wonder you are feeling tired, especially when the little person in the house doesn't want to sleep at night. Call for supernanny! LOL

I agree about the energy drinks. I do crash and burn, but the sprint of energy from them is enough to get me through whatever I need to do.
My daughter is 2. I've also got an autistic son. He doesn't sleep until 9-10pm but then he's out for the night at least.

A walk is a good idea. The only issue is when my son is not at school (like today), a walk turns into stress.
Back to school tomorrow though and I've busied my day so hopefully I will have no time to be tired!!!
We are out in the garden now and the fresh air has has helped a bit. If only it was lovely and everyday.

It's been such a lovely day today hasn't it? Some sun at last!! I think it helps to make you feel better and I had almost forgotten what it looked like, but oh my days, if they tell me there is still a hosepipe ban! :confused:

A walk is a good idea. The only issue is when my son is not at school (like today), a walk turns into stress.
Back to school tomorrow though and I've busied my day so hopefully I will have no time to be tired!!!
We are out in the garden now and the fresh air has has helped a bit. If only it was lovely and everyday.

I'm glad you're enjoying the day. x

When I started I also had no energy at all, but as the weight came off my energy came back, but I also still don't sleep at night (as you can see, by the time I put this on the forum) It might be due to the amount of coffee I drink, I don't know. I do cat nap in the day though!

I always suffer with tiredness and often feel drained throughout the day when I'm at work.
I've tried herbal teas, energy tablets and eating more fruit and vegetables but don't find any of it makes any difference.
I feel a little more energised if I have a shower as soon I get up before heading off to work instead of in the evenings like I normally do but my problem is half the time I'm too tired to get up earlier to do that lol xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You could add a column to your food diary to state how tired you feel. Some foods may be worse for you than others. For me if I eat carbohydrates like jacket potatoes or pasta at lunchtime I really slump by 2 pm. If I eat good proteins like prawns, cottage cheese or chicken with salad I have so much more energy. I find if I eat things like porridge for breakfast not only do I get really hungry by mid morning but my energy levels are low. Have a boiled egg and I'm fine. I have done this long enough to have seen a pattern. It is worth just a comment after each meal you add in your diary to see its effects. Good luck

I suffer from awful tiredness when at work. I find that on the days I drink 2L of water, eat porridge for breakfast and take a protein based lunch are the days I have more energy and don't feel sluggish. I have also found exercise even if its only for 15 mins a day helps boost my energy levels.

Exercise has really helped my energy levels. I used to have zero energy and couldn't be arsed doing anything. I am going to the gym 5 days a week now and I feel far more energetic and positive for it :)

Back