Food to take with me

spongebex

Hi everyone,

I am watching my Dad run the London Marathon this Sunday which I am really excited about. Being new to Slimming World I wondered if people have some ideas about how best to say on plan through-out the day. I am thinking more about which snacks to take with me. I will have to have to take breakfast and lunch with me as I am leaving the house at 5.30am, we are meeting up for dinner after so I will just have to make the best choice from wherever we go.

Any idea would be great - thanks in advance!

Bex

You could make a SW quiche in advance and take that along with or without a made up salad.
Boiled eggs, great for snacking
Alpen lights (2 = 1 HE B)

There are loads of things, all of which wont come to me at the moment(!) but I'm sure others will add to this and you'll need a separate bag just for your food by the end of it! ;)

Good Luck to your Dad...I'll probably watch some of it on the TV!

2 x mini babybel light is a healthy extra A. and Two alpen lights is healthy extra B. Good to pick at and easy to eat on the go! I'd also cook a chicken breast or two and cut it into chunks & put it in a tupperware so you can pick at that. Mix it in with salad stuff. Baby tomatoes and cucumber. All things that are easy to pick at and put away.

Good luck to your dad! What an achievement!!

SW scotch eggs. Low syn sausages, skinned and wrapped around hard boiled eggs. Coat in dried smash powder and oven bake

Cous cous salad cooked chicken done in spices or marinate in pasta balsamic vinger sweetner garlic an Worcester sauce lush scotch eggs hot flask of water an the cup noodles love the spicy one breakfast try soaking your porridge b item in yoghurt over night then adding all fresh fruit an take a mixed fruit salad stuffed potatoe skins bake in flesh add ham spring onion an pos cheese for your a item tuna pasta salad home made soup in a flask mini fish bites mash with fish of your choices syn free fish mix up with spring onions chilli flakes an grill breakfast make a Blt before you leave an eat on the way?? Any more lol

I can't think at the mo, but I'd do a search on here for picnic foods that may come up with something you can take with you.

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for ideas, yes picnic style food - what a great idea!

I will definately be using 2 x alpen light as my healthy extra b's, take a fruit salad, boil some eggs and I have some already cooked chicken from asda (syn free) which I will make a couscous salad with and make some syn free dressing. I will have a go at the quiche too and bag the scotch egg & potato skin ideas :)

Thanks so much ladies, (as you can probably tell) I am new to slimming world so getting used to this way of eating. You ideas are just what I needed!

Yes I am very proud of my dad, we lost my sister (completely unexpectedly) back in December - she was only 23 years old, we are still very much in the early days but my dad is amazingly running in her name, Emma. I can't wait to cheer him on, I don't know how he does it.

Thanks again for your ideas xx

Hi ladies, just to update you (as you took the time to reply to me) my dad completed the marathon! I cannot tell you how proud I am off him, it was an emotional day but utterly worth it. So many people there all for their own personal losses, causes and motivations.

And thanks to your suggestions I was able to stay on plan and got my 1/2 award last night.

Thanks again,

spongebex x

So sorry to hear about your sister.

But a huge well done to your dad

Back