Foodage!

LuhLuhLoser

4. 8. 15. 16. 23. 42.
Fourth time back at Slimming World :eek: woops. I've actually joined a group this time and not by myself. My mother, her husband and I have decided we're going to stick at it for 3 months and we are not allowed to stop going to group, even if we are really tired or really ill or really anything. I don't really have any particular goals or targets, just to get healthier. I'm just going to take it week by week. Food diaries always help so here goes!

Extra easy day:

30g Shreddies
100ml Semi-skimmed milk
Strawberries

Half a packet of savoury rice (1 syn), turkey and curried coleslaw (2 syns) with a leafy salad.

Chicken & spinach curry with broad beans and rice.

Muller light.

6 giant chocolate buttons (4.5 syns)
150ml semi skimmed milk

Total syns: 7.5

E x

Extra easy:

Two weetabix, milk and strawberries.

Left over dinner for lunch. (1 syn)
Beef teryaki stir fry. (3 syns)
Freddo. (5 syns)
Apple.

Total syns: 8

E x

Bellvita breakfast biscuit (3 syns)
Coronation chicken, half a jacket potato and mahoosive salad (5 syns ish)
Cottage pie made with carrots, spinach, onions, mushrooms, lean mince, potato, butternut squash and cheese with broccoli on the side (yum!)
Muller light

Total syns: 8

E x

Feel a bit rubbish today... I really feel like I'm eating too much and if anything, have got even bigger in the last few days. Will see how it goes at WI on wednesday and maybe re-evaluate things a bit. Bleurgh :(

Extra easy:

Left over dinner for lunch (HEXA)

Banana
Grapes
Turkey, leek, bns and mushroom risotto
Half a muller light
Freddo (5 syns)
3 sesame ryvitas (HEXB)
Cup of chicken stock soup

Total syns: 5

E x

Eek! Had my first weigh in last night... lost 4 and a half pounds. I'm quite happy with that, it's not amazing but it's not bad. I'm just hoping it's maintainable and I can keep it up! :)

I also had a 'treat night' after weigh in. Not excessively, I just didn't have my superfree with my dinner and had one biscuit and two squares of chocolate! I will be 100% from now until next weigh in.

Red day:

Mini chocolate weetabix, milk and banana (HEX)

Eggs on toast (2 syns + HEX)
Steak with mushroom sauce and roasted veg.
Muller light.
Lots of fruit!

E x

Had a really lovely evening today. My mum and her husband are doing SW too, so we decided to spend the whole day cooking up an indian banquet! Was delicious! I also managed to get to aqua fit. I was kind of proud for going as the prospect of getting back in a swimming costume terrified me, but it really wasn't that bad (it never is!).

Extra easy:

Ham, beans and slimming world chips

Plum
Rice, beef dhansak, chicken curry, mushroom curry, onion bhaji, bombay potato, saag paneer (or mozarella in this case) and half a low fat naan bread (5 syns) and side salad.
Lots of water!
Cadburys 99 flake (2.5 syns)

E x

Eek, I'm slacking a little at keeping this up! At least I'm not slacking on my diet though so nevermind. Also signed up to the gym for a two month kick start and have taken up jogging at 7am (madness) so hopefully my loss will be decent this week.

I've been utilising my syns, which I'm enjoying very much! I'm trying not to go crazy, keeping between 7-12. I desperately want to lose 2 1/2 lbs this week. If I do, I get my half stone award. If not, better luck next week. Any loss will be a good loss! I've just got to keep my mind focused on the bigger picture!

E x

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

So I had my second weigh in last night. Driving there I was convinced I'd put on 2lbs or so, and had a lengthy chat with my mother about how it wasn't the end of the world if I'd gained and I'd still keep going.

I lost 6lbs. I got my half stone award. I got slimmer of the week! Woohoo!
I guess because I've never really stayed at a class I missed out on all of this when I've done SW before. Staying each week is really helping me and my SW councellor is awesome.

So incredibly suprised and happy. It's really made me realise that I can actually do this if I stick with it. My '100lbs til target' sign is now saying '89½lbs til target'
:)

I've also discoved Hifi bars, wowee. The peanut one is so damn good! If I work really hard this week and manage to get 3
½lbs off this week, I'll get my first one stone award! If I manage any loss at all I'll be happy. Ahh. I'm all motivated! Woop!

Extra easy:

Hifi peanut bar (HEX)

Savoury chicken rice, chicken, soy sauce and lettuce (2 syns)
Peppa pig ice cream (3 syns)
Two sausages, one piece of bacon, an egg, beans, chips and mushrooms (2 syns)
Pineapple
Hot chocolate (2 syns + HEX)
99 flake (2½ syns)

Total syns: 11½

E x

Ohh I'm such a slacker! Shame on myself!

The bad news is that I've not updated this in almost two months. The goods news is that I've actually stuck to slimming world for two months! Insert dance of pure and a little smug joy!

I honestly can't believe I've actually managed to stick to a diet for more than 4 weeks. Pretty sure it's a new record. I really can't see any reason that I'd give up from here onwards, I feel so focused. Sure, there are times when it's a little harder than others but the side effects of losing 26lbs are starting to show and I desperately don't want them to go away!

I had a super enjoyable moment earlier. When I started this I was a size 20 and now, I'm a very comfortable size 18. I actually tried a pair of trousers on that I bought a year ago that were a size 18 and haven't fitted me since I bought them, and now they do up! Although they smell like dust haha. Still though, very good times. My super enjoyable moment was trying on a size 16 dress and it fit! Wooha! I've got a wedding to go to in about 4 weeks so I'm going to wear it to the wedding. I'll need to lose about 8lbs for it to not look quite so sausage like, but I'm hoping I can do it. I've been averaging on 2lbs a week so if I push a little harder I reckon I can do eet.

I'm going to try and start writing this again as I don't want any slip ups for the next few weeks so here goes:

EE Day.

Wetherspoons Chicken & Pepper skewers with a teeny bit of piri piri sauce (2 syns?)
Home made miniature chicken burgers and miniature beef burgers, one bread roll, a bite of light cheese (was gross so I left it!), roast new potatoes and lots of salad (2 syns)
Plum
Muller light strawberry
Cadburys 99 flake (2.5)

The plan for tomorrow is:

EE Day.

Two sausages, one piece of bacon, beans, egg, mushrooms (1 syn)
BBQ Chicken with vegetable fried rice (2 syns)
Plum
Banana
Kiwi

To be updated! Dun dun dun...

Love and peace. :)

Green day today!

Ready brek with milk (HEX)
Uncle ben's rice (2.5 syns)
Plum
Banana
3 baby bel lights (HEX)

Didn't have any dinner as I was feeling a bit blurgggh!

Total syns: 2.5

I don't have tomorrow's food quite planned out properly yet, but I'm hoping to make a slow cooker beef and spinach curry and if it's any good I'll post the recipe :) Can't wait!

P&L x

Well, bad times. The slow cooked beef wasn't great! It wasn't bad but I was a little disappointed. Nevermind!

Extra Easy

One and a half healthy sausages, beans, fried potatoes, mushrooms and an egg (1 syn)
Hi fi bar (HEX)
Beef curry and rice with carrots, spinach, onions, chickpea.
Bowl of cherries.
Lots and lots of diet fizzy drink.

Might have a hot chocolate later to use up some more syns and a HEX but IDK! Ahhhh.

Total syns: 1

P&L x

Ohh I'm so very happy! This is officially the longest I have stuck to a diet for! And I am down a dress size! And I can actually notice a difference! And and and I'm still really motivated! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhdwmepfgij. Big grin face time! :D

I started Slimming World at a very squidgy size 20. This week I've tried on three dresses that are a size 16 and two of them actually did up! Albeit a looked a little sausage like but still, I wouldn't have even got them over my head 11 weeks ago.

I also bought a new dress tonight for my birthday celebrations. I've got about 4/5 weeks until then so I'm hoping it should fit me by then. The dress is:

219057969344554920_DtD6CwTC_f.jpg
I can't wait! Woop woop woop. I feel like a child on Christmas day. Lame I know, but oh well.

Today I have had:

Extra Easy

Overslept so no breakfast! Woops.
Wholemeal pitta with chilli chicken, lots of fried onions and a tbs of piri piri sauce (HEX + 2 syns)
Wholemeal pasta, beef and spinach bolognese with a side salad and some yum cheese (HEX)
A bit more pasta!
Plum
Banana

Total syns: 2

I'm not cutting down on my syns on purpose, I just seem to feel less inclined towards them at the moment. I had a takeaway after my weigh in on Wednesday (chicken in black bean sauce, boiled rice and one mini spring roll) so I'm thinking that was probably about 15 syns. Eek!

P&L x

Went for a jog this morning. Lasted about 11 minutes! Woops, will try and build up to more! I'm so unfit!

Today food:

Spaghetti bolognese leftovers + cheese (HEX).
Hifi bar (HEX)
Grilled Pork topped with stuffing, new potatoes and vegetables (2 syns for stuffing and gravy)

Total syns: 2

x

Gotta make this short and sweet as it's late o'clock! Took a photo today and could finally see a difference!

fats.jpg

It's not completely drastic or anything and the new photo isn't too clear but I can definitely notice a little bit! Thought I'd post it on here to keep me motivated :) I can't wait to see what I look like in another 12 weeks. Woohoo.

P&L x

Foods:

Hifi Bar (HEX)
Rice, mince, peppers, onions, mushrooms.
Roast beef, roast potatoes, roasted BNS, carrots, broccoli, green beans, peas, sweetcorn, gravy. (1 syn)
Strawberries
Options hot choc with HEX milk (2 syns)

Total syns: 3

:) x

I had about 11 syns yesterday! Not good! Will try and keep to 5 today and tomorrow.

I bought the wrong sausages. I got the 50% reduced fat ones instead of the BGTY range! So my breakfast alone was 5 syns! Eek.

On the plus side, it's my Papa's birthday on Wednesday, which is conveniently weigh in day, so I might might might have a tiny slice of cake! His wife is on slimming world too so I'm sure there'll be some healthy options too but I'll be a bit more relaxed.

I also did something pretty stupid this morning. I absentmindedly decided to go to a 'total body workout' class at the local gym. I've not been to the gym in about 4-5 weeks and I'm really not fit in any shape or form. Omg it almost killed me. My arms hurt so much. My legs hurt. My shoulders hurt. I feel like I've been in a fight with Wolf from Gladiator. D: Shall not be doing that again lol.

Today I have had:

2 sausages, 1 bacon, lots of beans and fried new potatoes. (5 syns)
Plum & Banana
Salt & Pepper chicken with steamed rice.
Weetabix spoon size with milk. (HEX)

Total syns: 5

P&L x

Only lost 1lb this week :( I'm alright with it as I'm very much 'any loss is a good loss' but I really want to push for a few more next week! I'm going to try and do a few green & red days and see if it works better.

Red Day

2 x hifi light bars (HEXB)
Wholemeal pitta with sweet chilli chicken and tonnes of salad (HEXB + 2 syns)
Melon, strawberries and grapes.
Chicken and vegetable with cauli rice and spinach (2 syns)

Haven't had any HEXA yet so might have some milk later!

Total syns: 4

x

Urgh. This is becoming a joke.

Idk what's wrong with me. I do so well and then I just blah. I've not really stuck to SW for the last 6 weeks... it was just a case of a birthday party, then a wedding, then another birthday, then another party... excuses. But now we've actually booked our wedding venue and it's all very real and I'm freaking out a little! I can't afford to go back to SW group as we need the money for the wedding. I've only put on about 1.5lbs since I last went (have checked on various scales) and I've invested in a good pair for at home. I'm really going to try and push it from now on, one mini goal at a time.

So, first goal - Get into the 12's.

Extra easy

Weetabix oaty bar - HEXB
3 x babybel light - HEXA
Plum
Steak, chips and salad - HEXA + 1 syn for oil and 2 syns for sauce
More fruit!

Total syns: 7

E x

Extra easy:

Sausages, beans and fried new potatoes (4 syns)
Plum
Steak burger with cheese (both HEX) and chips and salad. (2 syns)
Strawberries
Grapes
One slice of a go ahead chocolate orange biscuit thing (4 syns)

Total syns: 10

Yum!

x

Last edited:
Extra easy:

Half a warburtons wrap with pork, cheese, fried onions and bbw sauce and lots of green leaves (5 syns + HEXA)
Weetabix Oaty Bar (HEXB)
Strawberries and a strawberry mini milk (1.5 syns)
Fruity pork curry, cauliflower, broccoli and rice with peas (4 syns)
A handful of grapes

Total syns: 10. 5 (eek!)

Plan for tomorrow:

Cottage pie topped with a bacon, and cabbage mashed potato mix thing with carrots (2 syns)
Ready brek with milk and strawberries (HEXA and HEXB)
Chocolate mini milk (1.5 syns)

Total syns: 3.5

Will update accordingly tomorrow!

E x

Back