foodfairy's food diary :)

foodfairy

Silver Member
WEEK 1
------------

went back to my SW class last night and its my first day back on the diet. ive had a really good day and planned my food well and enjoyed it yum yum!!

breakfast...2 figs, FF natural yogurt, fruit smoothie (6 syns)

dinner...wholewheat pasta, tin toms, mixed herbs

tea...syn free quiche, chicken (b), salad

supper & snacks...punnet cherries, 1/2 cous cous cake, sw mousse (1/2 syn, recipe below), skimmed milk (a), cheese (a), wholemeal bread (b + 4 syns), SF lolly (1.5 syns), options drink (2 syns )

syns used...14
syns left...91

sw mousse - serves 4, 0.5 syns per serving.

sachet strawberry SF jelly
250g tub quark
strawberry mullerlight

make up jelly as instructed on packet. when almost set whisk in quark and yogurt. put back in fridge for 15 mins. take out whisk again and chill till set - yummy yummy :D

bloomin heck, im soooo sore today, did an hour in the garden strimming the grass yesterday as it was beginning to resemble a jungle and i cant believe how much i ache :cry:. just shows i dont do much in the way of exercise doesent it lol!!

its such a gorgeous day outside and i havent got the get up and go to even sit out in the garden today :rolleyes:, i'll just sit here and lurk away instead :D

im sat here absolutley stuffed, just ate a huuuge pile of egg noodles with stirfry veggies and half a pack of blue dragon chow mein sauce (5.5 syns for the whole sachet! ) and just realised i still have both my b choices left and one a choice :eek:

how the heck am i gunna fit those in!!! :)

food for saturday 2nd
---------------------------

breakfast- cous cous & banana mullerlight

dinner- sw quiche, ainsleys tomato cous cous

tea- HUGE pile egg noodles, baby sweetcorn, asparagus, mange tout, 1/2 sachet BD chow mein sauce (2.5)

supper/snacks- sw mousse (0.5), wine (21), ww choc bar (4.5), mini biscuit (1), SF lolly (1.5), 2dsp chopped mixed nuts (b), 2 alpen light bars (b), 35oml skimmed milk (a), 1/2 cous cous cake, banana

drinks- 1ltr water, tea
exercise- 0

syns used- 31
syns left- 60

as you can see i managed to squeeze it all in somewhere, thought i was gunna explode by the time i went to bed :eek:

if some are wondering why i used 31 syns yesterday its because i dont use my syns in the normal way, never have. i start the new diet week with my full 105 syns and count down through the week. that way i can still have a few drinks and a takeaway maybe on a saturday night and not feel deprived. it works for me but doesnt work for others, each person is different .:)

Hi Food Fairy

I have the same amount of weight to lose as you, been on SW for 2 weeks and lost 4 pounds so far!!

I have been looking at all the posts on minimins for a few weeks, but only registered today - i have used the site before when i had loads of weight to lose and used CD, but forgot my username and password, so just re-registered!

Anyway, good luck with the weight loss, i will be keeping an eye on your food diary for ideas!!

Carrie

hiya carrie, thanks for replying, its a bit quiet on this board :D

dunno if you'll get any ideas from me though - i tend to eat the same things all the time lol, thats why i switched to ww for a change but couldnt do with feeling hungry so swapped back again :rolleyes:

just hope i can not cheat this time round and the weight might come off a bit quicker!! how are you finding sw ? you've done well with your losses :), are you doing original or green ?

i find the weight comes off quicker when i do original but i love my carbs so i tend to do green mostly, as long as the weights coming off im not too bothered how long it takes :D good luck and keep posting - maybe start a diary up yourself so i can pinch a few ideas from you :p:p xxx

Hiya

Im doing mostly red, not a big fan of carbs - i have one or two green days a week to make sure i get enough fibre, but the following morning my stomach is bloated and i dont have as much energy.
Am finding the diet easy to stick to and find it easier to count my syns the same way as you, monday to thursday will only have 4 or 5 syns a day, so can go out for lunch on friday and have wine on saturday!!

As for ideas, not the most inventive person in the world, having a baby and running my own business means i have about 30 mins to sort out dinner each night, so normally meat and veg, chicken and salad etc Tonight am having a barbie so will have lots of chicken and some vegetable kebabs with some sweet chilli dressing, thats about as exciting as it gets!!!

Liked your idea of stuffed chicken breast with mozzerella etc, thats sounds lush, am going to give it a go this week!!

let me know what you think of it ;)
enjoy your barbie, the sweet chilli dressing sounds nice, do you ahve a recipe for it ?

monday 4th june
------------------------

glad half term is over with, its good to get back into a routine again and ive missed my work m8s :eek: started wearing my pedometer again today and was surprised i only did 7793 steps as it felt like alot more :rolleyes:

breakfast- strawberries & pineapple

dinner- ainsley harriots tomato tango cous cous, home made tomato & basil soup ( recipe below ), banana

tea- pure & pronto mixed bean chilli (1), uncle bens rice (1), sw mousse (0.5)

supper/snacks- apple, cherry toms,:rolleyes: 350ml skimmed milk (a), 28g cheese (a), 2 alpen light bars (b), 2 slices ww wholemeal bread (b), options hot choc (2), few dashes milk (2)

drinks- 2ltrs water, tea
exercise- 7793 steps

syns used- 6.5
syns left- 43.5

FREE tomato & basil soup

500ml passata
1pt veg stock using stock cube (i know this is 1 syn but seeing as it makes around 6 portions, i count it as negible syns)
1tsp sweetener
1 red pepper (chopped)
1 red onion (chopped)
1 garlic clove (crushed)
basil plant - supermarket type

fry onion & pepper in frylight till softened. add garlic and fry for another min. add passata, stock & sweetener and simmer for 15 - 20 mins till thicker.

tear off basil leaves and add at the end. liquidise till smooth & season to taste :D

My first weigh in was last week and I lost four pounds (which I was amazed at because came straight off CD and onto SW). I get weighed on Thursday night and so far the scales aren't moving - at all in fact on Sunday they said I had actually gained weight! Its impossible. I've stuck to the diet rigidly. I've upped my amount of times I'm going to the gym - and i'm only concentrating on the treadmill really as I don't want to build muscles - although I do a few weights for my bat wings!!! I just don't understand why the scales aren't moving! I stick to red all the time - maybe i'm having too many of the same meals? I eat grapes and fresh strawberries with my yoghurt. Could that be it? any suggestions or ideas really are welcomed. Its so disheartening to go to class, get weighed, knowing you've not cheated at all and then only to find nothing's happened.!xx

hiya, i have my weigh in tomorro w too and keep hopping on my scales at home and theyve not moved either. not concerned tho as its not my official weigh in till tomorrow evening so i'll go by sw scales and not my own.

fruit that can be a problem for losing weight are bananas, cherries and grapes. these have the highest sugar content than any other fruit and CAN limit weight loss. try cutting back on the grapes a bit and see what happens.

also, when you up your exercise you will build more muscle and that weighs heavier than fat so it could be that. keep at the xercise though cos once the weight starts coming off again you'll have a fantastic loss. are you drinking enough water too, at least 2ltrs a day ?

its still early days yet hun, your body will take time to adjust from CD and i expect you will be yo-yoing for a week or two till it settles down again, give it a chance, take it day by day and do it 100% and you WILL lose weight :D let me know how you get on after your weigh in ;)

DD made coconut biscuits at school yesterday and saved me the biggest one bless her :eek:

of course i had to eat it lol, didnt want to upset her now did i :rolleyes: i counted 2 syns for it but think i underestimated a wee bit :p

Hiya

Was just reading what you had written about grapes and bananas, i have been eating them everyday in the last week and checked the scales yesterday (weigh in not until Friday!) and hadn't lost, so have decided to knock them on the head for a couple of days and see if i have lost on friday.

Normally have grapes, banana & strawberries for brekkie with yoghurt, so today have blueberries, raspberries, blackberries & strawberries with yoghurt instead!

its good to vary your food as much as possible. i sometimes get stuck in a rut and have to shake things up a bit :)

have my weigh in tonight, first week back and the scales at home havent moved even a millimeter so im getting nervous now :eek:

Tell me about it! I try not to get on my scales during the week, but sometimes you just cant help yourself! Im weighing in tomorrow, definately went to the pub yesterday and had fishcakes which were deep fried, then shared a dessert! Could have been worse, but then could have been a lot better!!! Good luck for today, i think im going to start a food diary aswell! x

im so not happy!!!!!!! i maintained :eek: after all the hard work ive done this week i didnt lose a single bleedin oz :mad:

TOTM is due though so it can only be that i hope :cry:.

i have a plan of action for this week though....

1. 2 or 3 red days
2. 2.5-3lts water a day
3. CUT DOWN ON PORTION SIZES!
4. exercise when i can

hopefully i'll get a good weightloss next week :rolleyes:

Hiya

I maintained aswell this week! Not happy about it, but haven't done as much exercise as i normally would and have used up all my syns on most days. I have been so tired this week, been stressing about work and all the usual stuff that when i get up in the morning (6am everyday!) i cant be bothered to exercise, or will just do 15 mins.

So, this week am going to get back into exercising and watch my syns.

If we both work hard at it this week im sure we will both see a loss next week!x:)

I lost a pound - which I'm a bit disappointed about! I've stuck to the plan 100% to and exercise 5 times a week in the gym - although I'm stearing clear of weights etc as they build heavy muscles and sticking mainly to cardio work (which is supposed to burn fat and calories). I did all red last week - so I'm gonna throw a few green days into the equation I think - see if I can shake things up a bit - I suppose your body does get used to the same foods in the end. I'm also stearing well clear of grapes this week - going to stick to strawberries and raspberries - apparently that are SS foods which are supposed to help speed up your weight loss!!!

good luck girls :D

ive allready been on an hours walk and clocked up 8723 steps so far on my pedometer - i WILL have a loss next week lol!!

Back