For NY in a month's time... coming off plan? Help!

~Angel~

My inspiration below :)
I'm for New York in a month's time & realistically it's not going to be possible to adhere to this diet ....& I don't even know if I would be allowed to bring packs into the country anyway! I'm only going for 4 nights, so what damage limitation can I undertake to stop a massive gain?

I aim to stick to it 100% until then & then straight back to SS 100% as soon as I get home, it'll be a pain having to go back into ketosis I know. I suppose I also want to enjoy myself while I'm there, but I'm hoping by that stage my stomach will have shrunk a bit & my attitude changed so that I don't gain too much while I'm there. I'm actually terrified of coming off the SS to "normality" straight away, even for a short time :( :break_diet:

My advice would just be to avoid carbs where you can and enjoy your holiday :) chicken salads are always a good option, have a look at what you can have on ss+

Think bean flowers advice is great - what about taking a few bars with you as well so you can use them for the odd meal. I have taken shakes with me with no trouble (but ended up not eating them cos my little whisky thing didn't blend them...and I couldn't face lumps!! Have a great time.

the only thing i would suggest is that if you feel you want a treat when ur there, stick to foods that'll keep you in ketosis. Atkins is a good instrument to use, you can have bacon, eggs, chicken, burgers, steaks and all yummy meats which are protein based and can also be fried but I wouldnt necessarily recommend this for every meal. all these as long as you dont have the chips or the buns on the side lol! i found atkins hard to follow as i used to associate bacon and egg with toast or burger with chips but that gives u an idea of what 'naughty' foods will keep you in ketosis. enjoy NY!

I came off the plan for a week for a holiday and only gained 0.5lbs. A planned break is much better than an unplanned binge. You'll probably find that you dont want to/ can't eat as much as you used to because your stomach has shrunk and you're less reliant on food.

My tips would be:

1. try and avoid the buffet breakfast (have a lie in instead) and just have a shake
2. take bars with you for lunch or a snack
3. In the evenings (usually dinner is the hardest meal to avoid) go for salads/vegetables and meat.
4. There are loads of frozen yoghurt shops in NY so visit those if you want a snack.
5. keep drinking water (as much as possible)
6. remember there's a limit to how much damage you can do in 4 days, you've earned the right to enjoy yourself on holiday so don't beat yourself up about it.

Thanks so much for your replies everybody! ....one thing I forgot to mention, I'm a vegetarian! so the atkins will be very hard for me! think that's 1 of the reasons I find it hard to loose weight on a normal diet, I make up for meat with extra carbs :( but I will just try to limit portion size & enjoy an odd wee treat, plus I'm gonna invest in some nice skinny clothes while im there to encourage me ...I know that now I've tasted being slimmer again I'll not let it go! :)

Have a fab time! I love NYC!

mrsf

oo atkins defo out of the question then!! another thought, they do have cambridge in the US so maybe your counsellor could arrange for you to pick up some packs such as tetras and bars over there if you're worried about customs not allowing them through. although i'd prob opt for just having a break from the diet while you have an excuse!

Back