For those who have swapped SW for WW

Topper78

Hi there!

I have just had my second baby and am chomping at the bit to start my weight loss journey. I have tried SW and WW discover plan in the past and always seemed to have greater success with WW. I am now debating which diet to embark on SW or pro points. I feel like I am leaning towards WW but was just wondering for those who have changed from SW to WW what prompted the change and how have you found pro points compared to SW?

Hi Topper,

I'm 2 weeks into WW after having done SW and losing over 2 stone on it, however when I got to a weight I was pleased with, for some unexplained reason I flipped, went off the rails and started stuffing my cakehole like I was making up for all the naughty stuff I'd been missing out on the previous few months. Instead of just celebrating by letting off some steam for a week though then getting back to the plan, I just ate more and more as I couldn't face doing that regime again, and stupidly put the lot back on, and then some........

Like I say I'm only 2 weeks in so feel I am still getting out of SW thinking gradually, but I think the fact that everything has a point value is good (of course some are still zero anyway) and the portion control helps, whereas on SW I would overeat some things due to them being 'free'. Its kind of frustrating at times though, like the Mugshots I had a lot on SW now are higher in points than you'd think as is the delicious SW spag carbonara I made a lot. I pointed that up roughly and its about 10 points now, but was virtually free on SW.

I do think though that WW seems better in the long run, for instance I could see myself staying on it when I've lost what I want to lose, and maintaining it, which I couldn't do on SW as it drove me potty after a while.

Good luck!

I've just gone back to WW after doing SW for the past few years. The first thing I've noticed is portion size - on SW I would have huge portions just because I could! There's a few things that were free on SW that are quite high points too like chick pea dahl which I would sometimes have as a snack when on SW but it's 12 PP for the can! I think both plans have their benefits and it depends on which style suits you, but I'm glad to be back to the structure of WW!

laurab53 said:
I've just gone back to WW after doing SW for the past few years. The first thing I've noticed is portion size - on SW I would have huge portions just because I could! There's a few things that were free on SW that are quite high points too like chick pea dahl which I would sometimes have as a snack when on SW but it's 12 PP for the can! I think both plans have their benefits and it depends on which style suits you, but I'm glad to be back to the structure of WW!

I second this. I would eat super low fat noodles all the time nd theyre quite high. I now know that I don't need to pile my plate high with potatoes and pasta to be satisfied.

Hi! I just had my first baby 5 weeks ago and joined WW Tuesday night. I previously did SW however stopped going to meetings and just did it myself I also didn't have half as much to lose as I do now. I found I ate too much on SW as a lot of things were free, I also wanted something a bit more basic to follow as being busy with baby it's easy that everything is pointed and I can just grab something on the go. Good luck :)

I've just made risotto for tea that I've made for years. I weighed and pointed all the ingredients so that it was 10pp per serving. While I was making it I realised that when I used to make it on SW, the portions were about double the size than this, so god knows how many points my SW meals were! I'm really glad I'm back to controlling my portions, hopefully it will make me more successful than I was on SW!

Hi, after 3 years on Slimming World I was struggling to maintain my weight. I had lost 5 and 1/2 stone on Slimming World, but I feel that it is now time for a change in diet as I was getting complacent. My weight was gradually going back on, and I feel that I knew all of the little tweaks, and they weren't working for me anymore.

It was a struggle to get back down to target and so I started Weight Watchers on Monday and am really enjoying it. I am now getting to eat lots of things that I didn't allow myself to on Slimming World. I think that is the most important thing here that it was me restricting myself and not Slimming World doing it. I totaly agree with what everyone else has said about portion control. This is something that I am struggling with at the minute but I'm getting there!

Hi :) I started WW 2 weeks ago after about 1 year n a half on SW. At the end I was kinda puting on and taking of the same 7lb. I too was having massive portions and knew how to bend the rules. I am really enjoying Pro-points and have so far lost 10lbs. Good luck everyone xx

Hi Guys, I have just swapped from sw to weight watchers. I have done sw for a while and was successful but have recently put some of my weight back on. I somehow lost my way and I think SW allowed me to eat massive portions which just were me being greedy! I started ww again on Wednesday and feeling really hopeful this will work for me. Fingers crossed!

I think SW works......as lots of people have lost weight on it and maintained........it's always had a focus on 'home cooking'....but it doesn't work for everybody....likewise TFRs don't work for some people....I suppose WW gives you the flexibility......everyone to their own.

I have signed up for the monthly pass BTW :D

I am joining my local WW meeting tomorrow. I have previously tried SW, but found that I was over eating at mealtimes (mainly with potatoes and pasta!) I am hoping that this is the eating plan for me, and am more successful with WW.
I am very nervous about joining, but am determined to lose this excess weight :)

Back