For those who moved from WW

Topper78

Hi everyone!

I have just had my second baby and having had my postnatal am keen to get started on my weight loss! I have about 4 to 4 & 1/2 stones to lose. I am at a loss whether to do SW or WW. As I am on maternity leave we are on a tight budget and so I need a diet which fits in with feeding a family. I know some people have swapped over to SW from WW and was wondering what prompted the change, are you glad you made the move etc...

I haven't personally but my friend has recently come over to SW from WW because having to weigh out her pasta, chicken etc was making her obsessed with food and making cooking family meals a pain since hers had to be cooked separately. she actually couldn't believe all the things I was making for tea without a set of scales in site.

From a personal perspective everyone in my house eats slimming world meals, some meals like spag Bol and chilli are pretty much identical on SW and they all comment on how lovely all the new meals I make are.

I've done both and didn't get on very well with ww so have switched to SW. I'm not sure why I couldn't get on with ww this time (as I did it successfully 12 years ago) but the new system they have (which some people say is like SW extra easy) didn't really work out for me. Unfortunately I cant say whether I'm going to do any better on SW in the long run but day 3 and I'm enjoying the food. I lose weight very slowly which can be infuriating and a bit demoralising but am keen to give SW a good go. For me, the lack of weighing and measuring and tracking and pointing is a good thing because it can make you become a little obsessed and it does feel more like a diet and less like a way of life which I hope SW will become. Not sure if that's any help but as I say early days for me at the mo.

I like not having to count out points. I like knowing i can pick a healthy meal from my free and superfree foods and not have to worry about weighing things, and i think it encourages better choices. I keep my syns for treats, like sauce, butter, choc, mayo, etc...

Back