For women of a 'certain age!' And IBS benefits.

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Bess, 26 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Bess

Bess Plod, plod, plod.....

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    No S ing & sensible eating.
    I've been wondering if any 50ish women have found unusual things happening to them? I hadn't had a period for 15 months and assumed that they had ended, but on starting this diet 5 weeks ago I started again in week 2/3.
    I also used to get hot in bed at night and this has stopped completely, meaning I get a better night's sleep :).

I feel very well and am happy to be losing weight so fast. A visit to the ballet last night, did wonders for my self esteem, a pair of black trousers which I squeezed into last time fitted very loosely, thank goodness for drawstrings! And the friends I went with thought I looked great! :D

Another fabulous thing is that my tummy has settled down completely. I used to suffer from IBS, but it is as though my gut has been given a holiday. What an amazing bonus, I shall have to be very careful about reintroducing food I think.

Has anyone else noticed things like this?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Chelsea Lou

Chelsea Lou Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(11.66%)
    Diet:
    Eat Less, move more
    Bess, I know what you mean. I am 53, be 54 in June and my hot flushes have disappeared, if anything I feel cold all the time now lol. I also used to suffer with struggling to go/couldn't stop and chronic windy pops. Now I barely go once a week and I can't remember the last time I had a good f**t pmsl.

It does feel as though my digestive system has been given a well deserved holiday and maybe once I am eating food again, the IBS symptoms wont come back.

4. Bess

Bess Plod, plod, plod.....

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    No S ing & sensible eating.
    Yes I feel cold too all the time.
    I never used to feel the cold at all, unless I was very tired. I think that's the diet though, not our age.

I feel really well though, ( mind you I always did ) do you?

5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I'm 53 and post menopausal (I hope:D)

Like you I went a long, long time without a period (18 months in my case), then had a one off when I started the diet.

No horrible symptoms except for hot flushes which were extreme and lasted for about 12 years. My doctor said they could go on for 20 years:eek: They improved so much when I was on Cambridge. Still there, but much better

When I finished the diet, the hot flushes increased, but not as much as before Cambridge.

It may be that I eat much healthier now. Perhaps that's helped improve them. But it could just be that I've come through the stage.

Haven't had a period since, so that's about 4.5 years now, and would be only one in about 6 years.

Like to think that it's all done and dusted :clap: and ready for the next stage.....retirement :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.