For years my weight has been creeping up on me

What's the secret to sticking to 24 pro points and not going off the rails. Is there any tips from successful dieters? I am at my wits end, hate looking at myself and have low self esteem from a lack of will power. My mum is a foodaholic and my dad is fit... Could I have inherited at least some of his slim genes??? I need some motivation on how to stop thinking about food.

I don't know what the answer is, to tell you the truth - I'm on 36 points and I still think about food a lot. I don't know how I'd cope on 30, never mind less than that. ARe you sure you're only allowed 24?

THe truth is though, you can chose to lose weight at a slower rate to get more points, you can exercise to get more points and you can fill up on fruit and veg in order to stop you using points on other stuff, but I can see how it must still feel very hard. But lots of people do it, dont they? Perhaps it might be an idea to look at people's food diaries to get some ideas?
I suppose you could get a new hobby - in a way it doesn't matter how much I think about food when I' walking my dog, because I can't eat when I'm out with him so if I feel really bad I take him out. If you work in an office, maybe this won't work, but you could try and work out a systematic way to distract yourself?

Sorry for the long post, I think about this a LOT!

Don't know if you mean 34?? 26 is the minimum its deffinately tough

I've only been on it a short while but I find snacks of only 1 point, fruit and veg -0 help. I'll do a big bowl of stir fry veg or popcorn

Also try to eat a bowl of veggies first before i decide what to do for tea to fill myself up

It's hard but not impossible :) Xx

Thanks what you say makes a lot of sense. I need to see others daily planner that is for sure. I don't know if it's 24 officially, I worked it out by my gender, age, weight and mobility etc. And it came to 24.... Believe me I would love me to be wrong ;)
I am struggling at keeping to 32 points and I am still losing weight, so I might just see how I go and not be overly strict.
Thanks for your support and I'll visit your blog.

I must have calculated my points all wrong. I'll increase it to 34. Thanks for the tip cause I have been really struggling at sticking to 30 let alone 24 - So it all makes a lot more sense that it is below the minimum. Thank goodness as I was getting quite distraught.
Appreciate any assistance anyone can give on sticking to a healthy eating plan, sugar is my weakness. It is so hard for me to stick to anything but with help I might just be able to make it

Share ur info and i put it in my calculator. The bare minimum for ww pp plan is 26. Xx

Back