For you guys beating yourselfs up over Easter

Silvermane, thank you so much for posting that. I'm certainly an all or nothing person and a serial weigher! So there I was beating myself up this morning for having Saturday and Sunday "off plan" and the scales telling me i'd gain 3lbs. BUT i'm proud to say its now out my system and ready to get back onto the diet, which i'm proud of :) Thank you for sharing!

I started to do my video's because I realised I wasn't the only one who was recovering from binge eating, and having a diagnosed eating disorder can seem so incredibly daunting. Its like a mountain thats very hard to climb and you keep losing your grip and falling down. So I thought if I filmed my struggles, that it would help others, as I am sure even people without a binge eating problem, can relate to some of the thoughts and feelings I go through. If I can help people by sharing then I will continue to do so. :)

Thats great :) i'll certainly be keeping an eye for more videos.

Im sure there are a lot of people, men & women, out there who have the same/similar problems & will relate to what you say. I can imagine it is a very lonely problem/condition & its very courageous of you to share your inner most thoughts & will be a comfort to many x

Thank you for your inspirirational video. I have recently had to admit to myself that I have a problem with binge eating/comfort eating and I am definitely a perfectionist, not just with dieting but all aspects of my life and it's hell. Thank you for giving me some perspective

Thank you!! Your video was fab, going to watch some more in a mo! I had a big binge on Friday and felt so bad, i managed 104 syns!!! (and i weigh in on Friday mornings!!! So now i have the rest of the week and i have to be good! But it is soooo hard, but we are only human, and i know if i do have a gain this week, as long as i a good now then it will come off again next week, so i shall stop beating myself up!!!
Thanks again, nice to see other people with my problem, i am not alone yay!!! xxx

I managed 142.5 syns in my last day off from my diet, I was shocked when I added it all up, particularly because I thought I had made fairly good choice's lol

I didn't come close to binging, I just went out to the cinema, chose a small popcorn thinking I was being good (weighed it on the sweet scales) but it was a whopping 66 syns. Had a regular slush puppy thinking it would be too bad cos was mostly ice and was over 20 syns. Then went to the harvester, had a wholemeal roll which was 5 syns 3 tbsp blue cheese dressing 10 1/2 syns (on my salad), classic black and blue sauce for my steak and jacket potato 5 syns, 2 slabs butter 4 syns, then thought as I'd been good (yeah right) I'd treat myself to a Rocky horror a whopping 32 syns!

There was no point in being hard on myself about it, i'd had a good night out with my family, we had a good laugh, enjoyed each other's company, and because I drew a line under it and didn't let it continue on til the next day I actually STS.

As a binge eater, I could have thought...well I have eaten all my syns in one fail swoop, so I might as well just eat what I want fro the rest of the week, as that would have been how I thought before, but that would have compounded the problem, because one bad night could have so easily becomes 7 and a weeks worth of syns in one night, could have become a weeks worth of a weeks worth of syns every night. So its about putting it in to perspective and being realistic and being proud of all we have achieved so far.

Also I recognise the fact that I need to stop making excuses for myself, if I make poor choices then its better to be honest about them.

Like for e.g., I know I cant drink alcohol because its a trigger for a binge. I get drunk I want to eat rubbish. I cant blame the alcohol, in reality I am the one that shoves it in my face, but it does lower my inhibitions and make it harder for me to resist it.

I always thought I could go cold turkey on the things that have in the past triggered a binge like chocolate but I actually found this to be the worst thing to do. If I denied myself it actually drove me insane, so I always include a treat, into my food every day. For this I love things like dairy milk 'little bars' and milkbars, and kit kate, and aero biscuits, all between 3 1/2-5 1/2 syns.

It works for me anyway.

Your defo not alone, we all can relate to each other in part.

I always thought I could go cold turkey on the things that have in the past triggered a binge like chocolate but I actually found this to be the worst thing to do. If I denied myself it actually drove me insane, so I always include a treat, into my food every day. For this I love things like dairy milk 'little bars' and milkbars, and kit kate, and aero biscuits, all between 3 1/2-5 1/2 syns.
Same here. I always have a Freddo or around 6 syns worth of chocolate in the evening, because a life without chocolate wouldn't be worth living. Having been treated for Binge Eating Disorder, I know that the next binge isn't too far away, and although I haven't binged since August, I know that I'll never be completely free from the compulsion.

Same here. I always have a Freddo or around 6 syns worth of chocolate in the evening, because a life without chocolate wouldn't be worth living. Having been treated for Binge Eating Disorder, I know that the next binge isn't too far away, and although I haven't binged since August, I know that I'll never be completely free from the compulsion.

Yeah I relate there, its like the binge monster is just waiting to come out lol But I found that by accepting I cant be perfect and if I do give in to a biscuit that I can draw a line and not drag it out over the whole day. Its so important that we don't feel guilt over our slips up because it becomes a vicious circle of guilt and shame making ourselves more inclined to binge or comfort eat.

The hard bit is knowing that we can and do have the power to stop after that one biscuit or pack of sweets, that just because we did do that one thing doesn't mean we have to give in for the whole day.

Thats been one of my hardest battles. I realised from the onset that I had to treat the disorder to achieve weight loss. In the past I have seen it so differently. Hence why I ended up an extra 2 stone heavier than I was in 2010 when I did the diet before, which I have just managed to lose and am back at where I was in 2010 and still have nearly 5 stone to go.

I know I can do it, I finally believe in myself, and I do think believing in yourself is a MASSIVE start to everyones journey. :)

Last edited:
This is such a good video. I totally relate to this. I've seen a cbt therapist in the past for other problems with perfectionism and everything you said echoes the same advice he gave me.

Thanks so much for posting this :) xx

Back