Forever self destructing..

Jojobear

Whenever I start to feel good about myself or when I have a weightloss of some kind I promtly binge..

I just went to the shop to get a can of diet coke and some magazines and I bought a twix

I really wanted a bag of fizzy hairbo jellies because they are my vice but they didnt have any.

I ate the twix as I drove home and thought to myself

1. Well thats some of your 49 points gone
  2. Your birthday is this week and that 49 was for alcohol
  3. Well done Joanne you wont lose weight now next week
  4. will I stop and get jellies?

What is wrong with me!!! I have nearly three stone more to lose!. Yes today I felt a little down about the fact its gonna take me forever to lose it, but I know eventually I will get there so why do I ruin my chances by making stupid quick decisions. Its like my mind says eat eat eat and I do it and its like a black out of some sort and then I realise Ive just eaten a loads of crisps or something. Ughhh at this rate I will never be thin again. Sorry Girls I am just venting

I do that the day of weigh in and I think it's so if I fail then I have something to blame (it's name is galaxy). Look at this birthday as the last birthday you have three stone on and then earn the activity points for the twix.

You can do it and were here for you.

The first thing I did was when I had three stone to lose (now just over one) I broke it down into smaller chunks.

Xx

Thanks for replying , I lost 2 pound today but i missed last week and really thought id be down more than 2 pound over two weeks. I already have a plan to cut out alcohol after my birthday , I quite a about a month ago and lost 5.5 pounds when i did. But whats the point in pretending your not gonna drink on your 30th... I did say id keep my 49 for it though so now im just worried. Im a binger and i dont wanna keep yo yo ing my entire life. I spent my 20's doing that and I want the next ten uears to be better , ye know :)

Jojobear said:
Thanks for replying , I lost 2 pound today but i missed last week and really thought id be down more than 2 pound over two weeks. I already have a plan to cut out alcohol after my birthday , I quite a about a month ago and lost 5.5 pounds when i did. But whats the point in pretending your not gonna drink on your 30th... I did say id keep my 49 for it though so now im just worried. Im a binger and i dont wanna keep yo yo ing my entire life. I spent my 20's doing that and I want the next ten uears to be better , ye know :)

I know what you mean! I'm turning 29 this summer and have set my birthday as the I'm gonna be thinner by then date.

Once you're determined you'll succeed! Just get a good support system around you (unlike my aunt who continually tells me not to lose too much!) and set mini goals.

Enjoy your big birthday and see it as saying goodbye to your old you and hello to the new you xx

Thanks sweetheart , Im gonna keep going , but God I cant stop myself once i start binging. Its hell. Wish I could just look at food like a normal person!

I have the same problem :( I don't think before I eat half the time, or I'll make up some excuse like 'oh it won't make a difference' or 'i've probably earnt this from activity anyway'.....before you know it I've scoffed the remainder of my weeklies away and then some. Really need to work on this haha

I feel bigger for it today!! No more WW bars in the house either because I just keep scoffing them too!

can you do some exercise so you can have activity points to add to to you weeklies??

I'm forever doing this! :-/

I tend to buy stuff in shops I don't need or want. Before you go in, think about what you need to buy - have a plan and stick to it. Write it down if necessary. Before you go to the till review what you have in your hands. Anything that wasn't on the list, out it back. You can't eat it if you don't buy it. I know this probably sounds simplistic, but it is easier to make a buying decision than an eating one.

I can also eat on autopilot and not thinking about it until afterwards. Again, try and think about what you are eating. Try and think about it before you start but if you find you have already started then think about then - you have to try and catch yourself. Are you really enjoying it? Is it so nice? Why am I eating it? What will be the consequences? Am I coming up with an excuse to eat like it's been a hard day? It's something that needs practice. I recommend Gillian Riley's books on overeating. They talk about this kind of thing and they rang so many bells with me.

Back