forgotten how to dress and can't afford new clothes

kerryberry

Silver Member
Has anyone else lost their style I am so used to wearing clothes that cover my fat bum and tum that now that they are dissapearing i want to wear more flattering clothes but i am at a loss of what to wear does this make sense to anyone else.

I am out of work at the moment and therefore can't buy new things I am trawling through ebay and managed to pick up some size 16 jeans for £1.70 but bargins are few and far between and sizes can be iffy.

Sorry I cna't help you really as I have still a long way to go but have you tried 'cheaper' shops ? I bought some jeans and tops recently in the Matalan sale and they were very reasonable... or buys belts, scarves etc that you can tie round baggier tops... necklaces also dress up an outfit or smarten up a cheap top...

Just some thoughts - I can't wait until I need new stuff... even though I don't have any money either..

Tracy

cheers honey

I will happen and its not that much of a change body wise its just my clothes were all about covering everything but now they are unflatering so its just the next stage of change which is still covering the bits that need to change but not in such a big way.

oh i am rambling on lol not sure i am explaining my self very well

No Honey - I know exactly what you mean... sometimes I read people's comments on here and think - I weigh less then them and they are wearing smaller sizes than me - I think it is all around HOW you dress... I tend to wear black all the time and steer clear of anything fitted or tailored...
I will be glad to wear something that actually shows off my shape rather than hiding it the way I am doing now..

We will get there honey - won't we ?

Tracy

we bloody well better as i am not drinking the soups and shakes for nothing lol

Charity shops, Kerry, they are the way forward! I've kitted myself out from them and Sainsbury's. It doesn't matter that they are second hand, everything can be washed and I've really got hooked now! Had some fantastic bargains and really good clothes from them including a Dolce and Gabbana belt and a Gucci jacket!
Yesterday's trawl included 2 tops and a linen jacket, (M&S) a pair of Laura Ashley jeans, a new Joules gilet, a jigsaw, 4 books and some linen fabric for covering a chair. Go explore!

charity shops sound like a good plan I love ebay and I am not worried about 2nd hand stuff cheers honey x

i've sold all my old clothes on ebay now and pretty much replaced my wardrobe with the proceeds!! charity shops are fab (i go to a posh area and go in the charity shops there!!!! posh area=posh clothes!!!!) i've had some great bargains. Just a thought about the clothes situation i went shopping with a girl from work who i wouldn't normally go with, she picked up clothes i'd never have dreamed of and i looked so different because i always go for clothes to hide in.... she even persuaded me to put on skinny jeans.......i laughed at first but i'm now their proud owner!!!

cheers claire
I am going to be starting my search of the local charity shops now i am selling my old stuff on ebay.
Me and my sister play this game when we go shopping we have to choose 1 outfit we would never normally wear and it works out quite well lol

just looking at your inch losses kerry..........wow!!! that waist is screaming out for belts!!! well done you x

I have always had a good waist I just need my hips bum and thighs to catch up

Back