Green Day Found my mojo

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
As the title suggest I'm back in my I love Sw frame of mind!

I do a lot of green days and was looking for some new ideas other than pasta risotto and jackets!

Thanks guys xxx

Mizkirsty said:
As the title suggest I'm back in my I love Sw frame of mind!

I do a lot of green days and was looking for some new ideas other than pasta risotto and jackets!

Thanks guys xxx

I do all green days and my favourite things are mixed bean chilli (sometimes with quorn mince, sometimes without but always with lots of passata, veggies and spice), spag bol made with quorn mince, vegetable curries (potato and spinach is my favourite) and soups (butternut squash and sweet potato is a good one).

I don't have recipes as such as I pretty much make all of my dinners up but if you have a search on here I'm sure you'll find some lovely recipes x

Here's a few :) Some of mine & some from here

Stuffed peppers with Mixed beans

Generously serves 2 people

Free on green
Ingredients

½ onion (chopped)
1 clove garlic (crushed)
Mushrooms (roughly chopped)
Mixed colour peppers (chopped)
Herbs (I used fresh thyme & parsley-chopped)
1 tin mixed beans in tomato sauce
2 large bell peppers (any colour)
Salt & pepper

Method

Fry the onion, garlic, mushrooms, peppers & herbs in a frying pan/wok with fry light until tender. I tend to add the pepper later to keep it’s colour. Season to taste

Meanwhile cut out the top of the peppers you are going to stuff & deseed. Put upside down on a plate & microwave for 3 mins or until they are softish.

Once the vegtables are cooked add the tin of mixed beans & cooked until heated through.

Take the peppers out of the microwave & stuff with the bean mixture & serve with rice & veg (I had salad :D )

Cheese & Onion Comfort Pie

14oz Potatoes
4oz Onion
4oz Leek
handful of peas
1 garlic clove
sprinkle of tyhme
2 eggs beaten
85ml vegetable stock
84g reduced fat chedder

Boil potatoes and mash up, set aside and spray large frying pan with frylight and fry onions, leeks & peas for 6-8 mins.

Add the mash, garlic, thyme, eggs, stock and half the cheese, mix altogether and put in ovenproof dish and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake for 20 mins on 200 oc.

Serves 4
Free on green & EE (1 HeA for the cheese)

Mushroom & Lentil loaf

125g green lentils
250g mushrooms
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 egg
112g mature cheddar
1 tsp of marmite
1 tsp of dried mustard powder
Pinch Mixed herbs

Boil the lentils (if dried) for 20ish mins & drain. Meanwhile fry the onion, mushrooms & garlic in fry light until cooked.
Mix everything up in a bowl (save 28g of the cheese for topping) Spray a loaf tin with fry light & pour the mixture in. Sprinkle cheese on top.

Bake in the oven for ½ an hour at 200.

Can be frozen.

Second bean chilli :) and veggie curries and soups!

That mushroom & lentil loaf sounds yum. Does it come out slice-able? Could you have cold slices for lunch the next day? I've done a lentil pate/spread before which went great on ryvita or for sandwich filling. Similarly lentils and/or tofu can be a good base for homemade veggie burgers.

I like tofu and veg stir-frys with rice noodles (or you could use egg (wheat) noodles), flavoured with ginger, soy sauce, chilli, lemon or lime, can syn a bit of honey or peanut butter, or low-syn sauce (yellow bean is only half a syn per tbsp I think). I love to throw in a HExB of cashew nuts as well.

Today I made a quinoa pilaf for lunch - most things youdo with rice you can do with quinoa, or millet, to ring the changes.

Ooh this is inspiring me to plan some meals lol :)

Ool I'm liking the cheese and onion pie!

Thanks guys! X

That mushroom & lentil loaf sounds yum. Does it come out slice-able? Could you have cold slices for lunch the next day?

Today I made a quinoa pilaf for lunch - most things youdo with rice you can do with quinoa, or millet, to ring the changes.

It is pretty yummy, it doesn't always come out slicey, mainly a bit crumbly/squishy. But I've been leaving it in the oven a little longer & it seems to firm up a little. I always make more so I can have it as a lunch or snack on it's own. Someone made it with red lentils too, I think that was firmer & able to slice, so maybe try that too?

Quinoa pilaf? Recipe please! :)

I don't really have recipes! I just go[FONT=Rockwell, serif] [/FONT]with ideas and amounts that look right!

For the quinoa pilaff I cooked in the same
way that you'd cook a risotto really - it's the same idea just less soupy. Fried onion and garlic in fry light and then added mushroom, courgette, carrot and some green and yellow pepper, then stirred in the quinoa and made up the appropriate amount of vegan stock (you use 5 parts stock to 1 part quinoa, about 35g quinoa is 1 portion) with a little tomato puree stirred in, poured the stock into the quinoa & veg, added a bunch of herbs, and then just let it cook until all the liquid is absorbed (stir it around every now and then, especially towards the end), leave it to stand for 5 minutes or so then fluff it up and eat. Yum :)

Back