Foundation for extremely dry skin

Mrs-B

Hi ladies

Just wondering if anyone has come across a foundation that's good on dry skin.
I've tried lots of brands and I usually buy a Lancôme foundation but after 2 days wearing I then get lizard skin on the 3rd so I have to break up when I wear it. I'm lucky my skin is quite good but it's uneven so needs something. Tinted moisturiser just doesn't give the coverage I want.
Any ideas appreciated.
Thanks

Something medium coverage may help :) Moisturise first.. I think the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua might be good for you, it's meant to be quite light on the skin but with decent coverage. Quite pricey though.
I quite like Revlon Photoready, it doesn't cling to dry skin imo. Decent coverage too. x

Last edited:
Estee Lauder Do a moisturising skin tint. It's very moisturising and has very good coverage, more than tinted moisturiser.
Go to estee Lauder counter and ask for a sample of it. Called daywear sheer tint.
Its very good.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Try Bobbi Brown's new Extra Foundation-it's incredibly moisturising and has a beautiful finish. Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint is also great for fry skin. It's between a tinted moisturiser and a foundation in coverage.

In general though it sounds like you'd be better off addressing your skincare and then any foundation will go on better over the top. Try hot cloth polishing (like Liz Earle cleanse and polish or something similar-the key is the gentle exfoliation with a warm muslin or flannel), then a skin-appropriate serum and moisturiser. Are you sure your skin is dry or is it dehydrated? Dehydrated skin looks better after a shower-more plumped up-and needs more water intake and a specific serum for the problem. Hope this helps :)

Thank you for the advice. My skin is sensitive and dry, I've had it assessed because I hoped that skin care products for my correct type would stop the lizard appearance! I do use a hot polish cloth product from the sanctuary and love it. Thanks again for your suggestions, I'll be sure to look into them :)

When I was pregnant, my skin became incredibly dry and sensitive. I would have flakes on my face and was quite embarrassed by it. It looked worse with foundation but as my skintone is uneven I needed foundation so I went to mac and of course they sold me their foundation. I don't have it anymore but it was so creamy and the sales guy told me to use cocoa butter on my face after rinsing my face in the morning and let it sink in for about 5 minutes. Once it had sunk in, I was to mix the foundation with the cocoa butter and dab it onto my face and blend. I did that until it all blended to a coverage I liked. It worked for me and i couldn't see flecks of dried skin but it did make me breakout after a week as wore my foundation for up to 16 hours a day. So, I would suggest wearing foundation for a much shorter time, and doing a thorough cleanse and deep moisturise every night.

The above method worked for me. It may not for you but thought I'd let you know anyway. Hope it helps.

Thanks angelcake! thats very helpful! Its a catch 22 situation with me, my skins patchy so i need to wear foundation but wearing it just clings to the dry patches and makes it worse! i'll deffo try the cocoa butter, and i love any excuse to visit the mac store! :D

Thanks angelcake! thats very helpful! Its a catch 22 situation with me, my skins patchy so i need to wear foundation but wearing it just clings to the dry patches and makes it worse! i'll deffo try the cocoa butter, and i love any excuse to visit the mac store! :D
I'm a total Macoholic

I'm a fan of Cliniques Supermoisture foundation, really good for dry skin. Moisturizes as well as offering much better coverage than a tinted moisturiser. Would defo recommend a trip to the Clinique counter I always find the staff super helpful. :)

Hi Mrs B,

I find Clinique's foundations really moisturising - i'm using Even Better at the moment but have used most before and not found them drying - I have a particularly dry fod - which is weird as I have a fringe and would expect it to be oilier!
Anyway, I would recommend Clinique's moisture surge, used on top of your moisturiser, before you put foundation on. It keeps my skin moist, but not oily, all day and I find it really soothing :)
sx

Back