Four packs seems like so much!!

BuxomBarrister

After having only ever done Exante (3 packs) 4 packs seems like too much! I'm assuming losses are the same yes???:confused:

Yes, losses should be the same, as I'm assuming the 3 a day packs have more calories per pack than the SnS ones :)

Do not worry too much... If you're used to having 3 meals per day, just do what I do and do double packs at some point! I do a double for dinner - which is very satisfying! :D Or you can have two porridges in the morning too if so inclined :)

S&S packs average about 135kcals whereas Exante are 200kcals so youre actually having LESS kcals in 4 S&S packs than you are in 3 Exante :)

one of mods said on ss forum that doubling up packs can kick you out of ketosis. im on day 5 and 4 packs feel alot to me im struggling to fit them in but think thats cause i work all different shifts at work.

one of mods said on ss forum that doubling up packs can kick you out of ketosis. im on day 5 and 4 packs feel alot to me im struggling to fit them in but think thats cause i work all different shifts at work.

That makes no sense tho-as it's the same amount of carbs as if you had them separately-try not to listen to people's scaremongering-just trust the plan :) good luck

On Lighter Life we were never told two packs together would send us out of ketosis - I expect this is the case for SnS as the two plans are pretty similar in style. In fact, LL told us it's ok to double up if needed! :)

I think they are basing this on ketostix after meals in some people - ketones in urine are not a reliable indicator, the true ketone measurement should be taken on what is present in the blood. Ketostix have never worked for me personally and are generally a poor way to tell what is going on. Or they are reasoning that sometimes people feel more hungry after doubling up - which is a very subjective thing.

So do what you think is best for you! :) If anything - have the three bigger packs as normal and have the bar as a "biscuit" with your tea/coffee at some point, it's so small, it's hardly a meal ;)

I think that's been taken a little out of context, two packs together can possibly for some people give a potential carb craving as a reaction to the increased insulin spike, it won't take you out of ketosis unless you react to that craving by eating more carb - it's the same reaction as taking in too much coke zero for example. Just lowers you natural resistance to cheating for a little bit if you are someone who is affected in this way. If you're also working through your reactions to cravings whilst on this plan then it'll have no effect at all :)

ok hun maybe i read it wrong or she wasn't very clear she just said about spreading packs evenly. it was one of mods. i didn't mean it in a nasty way sorry if it was read that way but i think with anything if it works for you keep doing it.

Back