FP's Exante experience starting 21/09/12

Freedom Pass

My Exante pack arrived yesterday. Day one of my plan to weigh 12 stone or less by 15th December, when I marry (I'm a widow) my adorable Alan.

I am not new to VLCD's, am going Total for the time being, I know I have events occurring during October which will mean planned breaks, and Yes I know others manage a social life and stick to it, I've done it myself in the past, but I have thought carefully and know that I will have my breaks.

The dressmaker/designer who is to make my gown is aware that I intend to drop as much weight as possible. I weighed this morning and horror of horrors, have put on 5 pounds of the weight I had lost. . . . . . Hey Ho, I would forgive others, so must forgive myself. I have to learn to be honest with this site and not keep my 'slips' to myself. Others impress me with their honesty, must follow suit.

Did my sums, that's at least 26 pounds in 84 days (13 weeks). Oh boy.

Welcome and good luck! 26 pounds is easily doable on this plan (only 2lb a week if my maths have'nt failed me).

I don't know if you have ever done a VLCD before but I am sure you will be amazed at the results you will get and having your wonderful goal in mind should help you stay focussed. Just keep that mental image of how fantastic you will look and feel in your beautiful gown on the day in mind and you will sail through.

The 15th December is my goal too as I am going on a cruise with my family for Christmas and the New Year after a period of family bereavements so it is a significant date for me as well. I will think of you on the day and imagine how lovely you will look.

Onward and downward. XX

Good Monday morning, got a dentist appointment, so not that good really. I was never any good at staying away from the scales, so I hopped on this morning, having been angelic and driven Al to a Vineyard Experience and wine tasting, I smelled the wines, but not a drop passed my lips. YOOO.............. 13.3 that's 9 pounds down, this is the way I like losing weight, real results to be seen. Happy Monday everyone

Wow 9 lbs - well done you!! XX

Thanks! Another good thing today - just returned from dentist, just a clean and polish, however I have to be referred to a clinic for a cap to be put on one tooth.

Good morning. Successful charity quiz last night, raised £275 for Wellbeing of Women. My homemade chutney went down well with the ploughmans. As I couldn't taste when I was making I called the caretaker up to my flat and made him taste for salt. Bet that's one of the weirdest little extras he's had to do. Must make a jar for him in the next batch. My friend picked up some bargain tomatoes and grapes at the market for me. Working at no 1 Poultry today, just adding this while I try the porridge, a bit sweet for my taste. However a nice warm feeling inside for getting ready for work.

Good morning. Feeling VERY rough, my lungs are burning, got that shaky feeling inside that happens before a bad bout of bronchitis, breathing is not good (asthmatic), should be working at Ladbroke Grove, but the idea of travelling across London today (2 buses and 2 tubes) is not on. Going to "look after" myself in the way I would tell anyone else to. Hey . . . . I had to get to 61 year old before I did this. I've always worked through whatever bug or ailment and even did the payroll remotely from my hospital bed when I had DVT . . . I finally learned!!

Music, been listening to and sorting through music to enter the ceremony by. We're not religious in any way, I'm not keen on the wedding march. We had originally thought "Albatross" but then considered "Rodrigo's Concierto De Aranjuaz" - love the brass version as in "Brassed Off", . . . . . . . . BUT . . . . . . it often makes me cry . . . . not sure if I dare.[h=1][/h]

STEROIDS!!!!! - necessary to help me breathe but GRRRRRRR this was what mucked up my system years ago. Agreed to a short course and I'm not going anywhere near the scales, I know the see-saw effect they have. Just stick to the diet and eventually it will even out.

Feeling very weak, but in need of air and movement. Took bus to manicurists, had the works, Al picked me up and we went shopping, slowly, gently had lunch at the cafe at Oxleas Meadow, fresh air and peace, just what I needed. Shattered now, but it was worth it to get fresh air and gentle movement.

Another gentle walk this morning in Bostall Woods, glad we did it early - we got best of the weather.

Greatly improved, kept my dental appointment yesterday. Got to go be "interviewed" this morning ready for Notice Of Marriage to be posted. Then I will go into Poultry for a few hours, did some work from home yesterday. Also got to squeeze in time to do my own accounts and Al's self assessment tax.

Have played computer games and pottered around this evening, instead of working. Think I'm going to give up the Wednesday client who takes up so much space in my head - trying to sort his 'quirks' and bringing work home - I'm supposed to be semi-retired, not worrying about work evenings.

Feel back to normal, got on the scales today still 13.2, no loss, no gain I know what steroids can do to me, so happy with that. Now to look forward to D O W N . . . . .

Away this weekend to celebrate my birthday (62) at The Old Vine in Winchester. No diet Sat dinner or Sunday breakfast, then a bar for Sunday Lunch, back to being strict, scales said 13.1 today just 2 pounds before the 12's.

Freedom Pass said:
Away this weekend to celebrate my birthday (62) at The Old Vine in Winchester. No diet Sat dinner or Sunday breakfast, then a bar for Sunday Lunch, back to being strict, scales said 13.1 today just 2 pounds before the 12's.

Wow :) soon b into those 12s. Hope ur health has improved x

Wow :) soon b into those 12s. Hope ur health has improved x
Thank you, feel a great deal better, the steroid course has not had the dreadful effect on me this time that it has in the past.

Wonderful weekend. Not going near the scales for 3 days, any additions are only temporary. Have seen the perfect dress for the Gala Event at conference in Belfast - Not an unreasonable price, had thought of hiring as I am going to slim out of whatever I wear, but this is High Street, so about the same as a decent hire would cost. Got shoes etc. Just need 2 "business" outfits, but I think I can put those together from stuff in the wardrobe. Must get plain black courts re-heeled.

Back