Francesca's weight loss journey!

Hey everyone,

I've been wanting to lose weight for a looooong time but I have been so unmotivated! It was not until this time last year that I started thinking more about ways to lose weight and monitor my eating habits, that's when I came across slimming world!

Unfortunately when I originally started I had a lot going on, a change of job and finishing University proved to be too much to think about my weight aswell and I slipped into bad habits! :(

My mum and sister had stayed at the group and have us excellent results and they both seem much happier with their weight, seeing this change in them has really pushed me to work hard at this! Oh, and my holiday in September!! ;)

I joined this site today after constantly using it to check syn values! I have seen lots of hints, tips and inspiration on this site and am looking forward to sharing my journey!

I have already lost 7lbs in approx 3 weeks, so half a stone and very pleased!

If you have any hints, tips or techniques then please share them with me!!

Last edited:
Well done on your loss so far. Hopefully this site and the lovely people on it will help you keep on track x

Well done on your loss so far. Hopefully this site and the lovely people on it will help you keep on track x

Thanks Ash! I have noticed we are a similar height and have set the same goal! How are you finding the plan? :) x

I find the plan liberating after being on so many other very restrictive diets the past year but I'm on my last stone so it's very slow. Also I panicked after week 2 weigh in when i gained the 2lbs i lost in week 1 so I started mixing SW with meal replacement shakes. Not sure if that was a good idea now. Weeks 3 WI was this morning and I've lost a little bit but not much.

Do you go to meetings? Which plan are you on mostly - EE, Green or Red?
I'm still trying to get my head round the rules, I joined online so I've got all the material but haven't read it through properly yet.

Hello Franchesca!!
Have found your page after having a look and it seems you have not long created it! Well done for taking the plunge!
I am a MiniMins newbie and I'm only just following the EE plan properly as when I started in Feb 2012 I didn't really monitor my syns as close, I guestimated!! lol.. So I found I was going over here and there and also not having my superfree foods at every meal which with EE you should really do so now I make sure i have a good handful of fruit or some veg on the side and have found that I do feel alot healthier since sticking with the plan more strictly and have lost 5lbs this week (didn't go to weigh in last week so the 5lb is in two weeks but still chuffed!) :)

I am just going to put some more tips on my Diary so I can re read it when I have a little downer day to get on track! :) Feel free to pop along to have a read too ! x
Good luck on your journey! :greenapple:

Hi Francesca
Im new here too (joined 2 weeks ago but only really just getting round to having a look and still a bit lost lol). We joined SW around the same time!!!
Well done on your WL so far youre doing amazingly!!!

Keep up the good work!!

I find the plan liberating after being on so many other very restrictive diets the past year but I'm on my last stone so it's very slow. Also I panicked after week 2 weigh in when i gained the 2lbs i lost in week 1 so I started mixing SW with meal replacement shakes. Not sure if that was a good idea now. Weeks 3 WI was this morning and I've lost a little bit but not much.

Do you go to meetings? Which plan are you on mostly - EE, Green or Red?
I'm still trying to get my head round the rules, I joined online so I've got all the material but haven't read it through properly yet.

I joined the group about a year ago but had to give it up because I changed job and could not guarantee I would be able to attend a meeting! I'm on the EE plan only! In still trying to take in all the rules because things have changed and I need to make sure I know exactly what to do! What plan are you on?
I might have a good read through all of my books today! :)

Hello Franchesca!!
Have found your page after having a look and it seems you have not long created it! Well done for taking the plunge!
I am a MiniMins newbie and I'm only just following the EE plan properly as when I started in Feb 2012 I didn't really monitor my syns as close, I guestimated!! lol.. So I found I was going over here and there and also not having my superfree foods at every meal which with EE you should really do so now I make sure i have a good handful of fruit or some veg on the side and have found that I do feel alot healthier since sticking with the plan more strictly and have lost 5lbs this week (didn't go to weigh in last week so the 5lb is in two weeks but still chuffed!) :)

I am just going to put some more tips on my Diary so I can re read it when I have a little downer day to get on track! :) Feel free to pop along to have a read too ! x
Good luck on your journey! :greenapple:

Yea, I have taken the plunge, I need all the help I can get! Haha!
Im on EE too, how are. You finding it?? I'm getting on well but have had a bad weekend, so hoping to be a lot better this week!
Ive done some guesstimating, I really need to keep on track!

Well done on the loss so far, that's ace!! :) how have you found the last 2 weeks??!

Thank you and good luck too!

Hi Francesca
Im new here too (joined 2 weeks ago but only really just getting round to having a look and still a bit lost lol). We joined SW around the same time!!!
Well done on your WL so far youre doing amazingly!!!

Keep up the good work!!

Hey angelicbex,
Thanks for the comment! :)
im a bit lost on here too, the site is great for checking syns and stuff! What plan are you on? How are you finding it?
Good luck! :D

Party weekend! Eek!

Hey,
So it's been 5 days since my last post! I have had a bit of a hectic weekend!
Its been one of my closest friends birthday and she had a party at hers with a very naughty party buffet! Which I did pick at! Lots of my guilty pleasures, which are sausage rolls! I love those!

I dont feel like I have been as good last week as I have wanted to be and I am a bit disappointed about it :( it's my weigh in tonight too, i will be super shocked if I have lost anything as I know I have been quite naughty!

oh well, if I haven't lost anything then I know to try a little bit harder this week! I have no major plans so no reason to fall off of the wagon! I may even try and cook a few recipes on here, does anyone have any good recommendations?

I hope everyone else is doing well :)

I feel exactly the same way !! I feel I really did have a good week last week and didn't feel bloated etc, but this week I do more :( but
Don't worry about your naughty night.. I need to follow my own advice but as they say.. Draw a line under it and move on to a new day! :) x
I don't eat sausage rolls any more, Not because of SW but a few years ago I stopped eating meat but have since gone back to chicken but the other meats I havn't touched apart from a few stray slices of ham as a taster but It might be just chicken for now.
But if you said there was cakes everywhere it would take all my will power on one of my craving days not to have a little taster!! ALthough bar a few days ago when I had a slight blip, my willpower has been surprising me! lol..
Keep going, we can do it!! :)

Hey, how's it going? Hope you're being good :D

Back