Slow but sure....
Bean and Quorn sausage pie - GREEN

Serves 2

6 Quorn sausages
Mashed potato - (can use instant mash)
1 onion chopped
400g tin baked beans
1/2 cup mushrooms

Cook the sausages, then put them in an ovenproof dish - (you could halve them to make them go further)

Fry the onions and mushrooms in Fry Light until tender, then add the beans.

Once cooked, pour the mix over the sausages then add the mash.

I sometimes put curry or chilli powder in the beans to give them a different taste.

On top of the mash, I also sometimes add some grated cheese and tomatoes.

Last edited:
that sounds nice :) can you put it under the grill to make the mash go crispier on top? :)

is instant mash syn free then, I don't have enough potatos to make mash and am going to try it for my dinner tonight :D x

ah thanks I only ever do green says as im vegiie and thought as it is from a packet i would have to syn instant mash lol x

I thought it was all instant mash was free as long as it is not flavoured - but I could be wrong, so please check first.

I am just making this dish now and I use sainsburys own mash the instant stuff hoipe thats free. It sounds really tasty :) thanks for the recepie. I only have a few mushrooms so am going to chuck in some tomatos and see how it goes.

just had it, it was really yummy had a bit with some veggies. :)

I make this a lot it is my Fav comfort food!! I take in leftovers for my lunch the next day and they heat up well in the micro!

Jen.

I made a version of this last night. Used the Quorn cheese & leek sausages (0.5 syn each), fried in frylight with chopped red onion & orange pepper. Mixed in a tin of Heinz smoky bbq beans & a small tin of normal beans, added a squirt of american mustard & worcester sauce. Popped in casserole dish and topped with sliced potato. Baked for 20 mins then topped with some cheese and baked for a further 5 mins.

Thanks for the idea! Was really yummy!

As I'm new to SW I am a little confused...is this also free on Extra Easy??

Yes as it's using free food from a Green day so it would also be free on Extra Easy. You'd have to count cheese as healthy extra. Also, on Extra Easy you could replace the quorn sausages with Morrisons Eat Smart sausages and it would still be free!

I love this!

I use kidney beans in chilli sauce along with the baked beans for an extra kick (I love spicy:D)

Also make loads of mash, any left over can be frozen for another day:p

Back