FREE Chicken Fried Rice

Shannon-x

Not often it happens, but the other night, i realised that the meal my boyfriend was cooking for dinner was actually FREE!
The dish was chicken fried rice and tastes just like the chinese version!
Definitely going to be a part of my plan from now on!
:)

Shannon-x said:
Not often it happens, but the other night, i realised that the meal my boyfriend was cooking for dinner was actually FREE!
The dish was chicken fried rice and tastes just like the chinese version!
Definitely going to be a part of my plan from now on!
:)

Recipe please :)

Yep sure! I will confirm the exact measurements with the boyfriend when he gets home from work if need be, but its more of how much you want to eat type thing!

>First, cook you rice (free) and leave it to the side

>Then cook chicken fillets (diced up) in a frying pan, in fry light

>Add the cooked off rice to the chicken in the frying pan

>Throw in a handful or 2 of frozen peas, depending on how many you like, as well as some finely chopped spring onion

>Cook this all together for a few minutes. Meanwhile, crack an egg (or a few depending on how many you are serving) into a cup/measuring jug. To this, add soy sauce. A few tablespoons is usually plenty, but add more if you prefer a stronger flavour.

>At this point, you can add seasame oil if you please, which is a few syns per table spoon (havnt got my book to check the exact value). Some people claim this is what gives the dish the 'chinese' quality, but personally i don' think its required! If you have a few syns to spare, it is nice to add it but can make it taste a little greasy,so only add a little!

>Then push all the ingredients which are in the pan to one side. Quickly pour in the egg/soy sauce/sesame oil mixture and with the other hand, whisk it really fast with a chopstick. Don't worry if you havn't got a chopstick, a fork usually works just as well provided you whisk really fast to create the sort of egg that comes in chinese fried rice (if that makes sense?).

>Then bring all the ingredients together in the pan and cook off for a few minutes. You can add more soy sauce to taste if need be.

Hope you enjoy, i'm actually going to cook it tonight for my whole family as the love it too! Apart from the sesame oil (which is not necessary, this recipe is free!) :)

Yum this will do nicely when OH gets a takeaway at the weekend :)

Hi Shannon-x
Very nice recipe, will give it a try.
Welcome to the best "club" in the net. keep the good work up!
Pete

Thanks for the Recipe, my hubby loves chinese so this will go down a treat as he isnt dieting and I am but sounds so nice im sure he wont know its diet food :)

Iv been making this rice about 3 times a week and love it... It's so quick and easy and makes a change to boring plain rice... I also add a couple of tablespoons of Chinese 5 spice to give it a more authentic taste too xx

yummm sounds delicious ... another trick is to add a couple of star anise to your rice when cooking it, just remember to fish them out at the end other wise someone will crunch on them. Gives the rice a lovely subtle chineesy flavour x

I make this using bachelors golden savoury rice and seafood mix. It's lovely. Everyone in my family loves it too. Might try it this way next.

Bumping this up to look at tomorrow :) Sounds lovely!

Back