Free foods like SW potato wedges - how much can I eat?

KatD90

Hi everyone!

I'm new to SW and still not got my head around all of it. Last night I made chilli (with a Colmans packet - some syns I know) and we had it with SW potato wedges). I used up 1 normal sized jacket potato and 2 small ones to make them for me and OH. So we had quite a lot of wedges! He had more than me :p The wedges are free, but are they still free when I eat lots of them?! I guess it's the equivalent of having 1.5 jacket potatoes each!

Hope I've posted this in the right place - new to this forum - loving all your recipe ideas!!!

Hiya

I use the packet chilli all the time, 7.5 syns for the whole packet isn't bad when there's 2 or even 4 of you, sometimes the convenience is well worth it!

Free foods are unlimited and I treat them as such, it says something like eat until satisfied which is obvious really, if I didn't eat until I was full then I would just eat something else! I honestly wouldn't worry unless you're sticking 100% to plan and not losing.

Oh and make sure 1/3 of your plate is superfree (salad or veggies etc) if you're on Extra Easy

HTH

Wow thanks! I was enjoying my dinner so much last night I couldn't believe it was on plan! I added kidney beans, red pepper, onions and mushrooms to the chilli - hoping that counts as 1/3 veggies :)

Wow thanks! I was enjoying my dinner so much last night I couldn't believe it was on plan! I added kidney beans, red pepper, onions and mushrooms to the chilli - hoping that counts as 1/3 veggies :)

Kidney beans aren't superfree, just so you know :)

Thanks, still trying to figure everything out! They are free though, right? But not superfree? Thanks for your help :)

Thanks, still trying to figure everything out! They are free though, right? But not superfree? Thanks for your help :)

Yep they're still free :) Superfree is fruit & veg that you could eat on all plans, so it doesnt include potatoes, peas/beans/pulses, parsnips etc (as these wouldnt be free on Red days for example).

Back