Free foods???

*angela*

Silver Member
Just wanted to check something...

With regards to the free foods, is it possible to have too much where it could count as syns - sorry if this is a silly question but sometimes I do doubt myself.

For dinner tonight I made beef chilli+rice - extra lean with spices, onion, garlic, mushrooms, peppers+passata - and basically I had loads coz I was really hungry... So basically can you literally have loads of the free foods and it be ok?

xx

They say everything in moderation and to eat untill you are full. It wont be synned as its free food. The main thing to remember is the superfree being 1/3 of your plate. That way you fill up on the superfree and eat less of the free stuff xx

Yep x fill yer boots :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

yep so long as you aim to fill a 1/3 of your plate with superfree foods, and make your first choice for snacks superfree foods, you should be fine,

thats fine!! i actually had the same dinner tonight! :) was yummy !!!
free foods areexactly that - FREE
i know some member says that you need to still be cautious etc of portion control but i find i eat a lot of free food as i tend to want to eat a lot as dont have much else to do with my time during summer holidays and i am still loosing weight each week !

:)

Nice one thanks. With regards to the third of the plate, I filled the pan with mushrooms, peppers+an onion but is passata included in that or is that just a free food? I assumed it was part of the third of the plate as it's just sieved tomato's but again I'm doubting myself+don't have my book handy

Xx

It sounds like that would be fine however for me i always have a 1/3 of a plate with salad on with things such as chilli x

*angela* said:
Nice one thanks. With regards to the third of the plate, I filled the pan with mushrooms, peppers+an onion but is passata included in that or is that just a free food? I assumed it was part of the third of the plate as it's just sieved tomato's but again I'm doubting myself+don't have my book handy

Xx

Hey yeah passata is s great way to boost your sf in sauces!! It's always a star at my group!!!! Xxx

Good news, on my first week I didnt realise the importance of the third of the plate with every meal, i still lost 2.5lb though. At that weeks meeting the C focused alot on how it must be used and then when I made sure I did I lost 4lb so I definately feel it makes a difference.

Thanks for your advice :) x

I can't cope with the 1/3 super free foods, so I tend to have red or green days, but yes... if foods are free they really are free!

The first week I went to SW I carefully listened to the consultant and couldn't believe what she was saying and I thought it was all gumph!! But I stuck to it (just to prove her wrong really) Filling up on free foods until I was full (that bits is fairly important), I had eaten loads that first week and had the shock of my life when I went back to weigh-in, I lost 8lbs in the first week.... woohoo bring on the free foods and fill yer boots!

when i joined it was never stressed to me the importance of the 1/3 superfree rule, the woman was eager to get the welcome talk over with and didnt really feel that great about it all but ince joining this forum with a bit more knowledge under my belt i feel that i will hopefully be able to loose more this week ! thanks everyone

kelly xx :)

Back