Original FREE RED DAY LUNCHES ANYONE??

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Victoria_30, 31 January 2010 Social URL.

1. Victoria_30

Victoria_30 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.5lb(0.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi All,

I've just joined this site today and joined SW 05/01/10. So far I've had a loss of 4.5lb which I'm more that happy with as I'd like to lost just over a stone.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if there are any free ready meals you know of for an original day. I cook fresh 95% of the time making SW shepherds pie's and curry's etc but sometimes when I'm working, I really struggle with lunches when on a Red. I do take left overs from the night before but my evenings are quite busy and I struggle to find time to cook everynight.

I would really appreciate it if you could suggest ready meals for Asda, Morrison's, Co-Op or Sainsbury's!

Thanks!! :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.33%)
    I don't do ready meals but I am mostly a red girl and 4 lunch I tend to take 4 x Ryvitas (HEX B) with 5 x Laughing Cow Light (Hex A) and a packet of cooked ham and loads of fruit to pick on through the day. When time allows I make a soup (making sure it's red friendly) or cook up a whole chicken and use the breast meat in a salad/pitta etc. HTH? x

4. Zimara

Zimara Yummy mummy to be!

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.36%)
    Diet:
    Atkins - ANA
    Not sure about the ready meal thing but this might be nice if you have time to cook it.

Im about to make a batch of roasted pepper and tomatoe soup.

Roast peppers, tomatoes, garlic, onion and herbs (oregano) in a lil fry lite. Once done peel off the skins and take out the seeds. Put all ingreedients in a pan with either chicken or vege stock and simmer for 40 mins. When done blend and serve:) (if you like it real smooth i suggest you sieve)

You can add a lil lowfat creme friesh [sp] if you like.

I'm bound to have some left over roast meat today, i'll prolly take some in to work tomorrow to bulk out the soup instead of bread.

5. Victoria_30

Victoria_30 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.5lb(0.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks guys! I don't normally eat "ding meals" I suppose it was a time thing but looking at your responses, I think I'll make the effort because it all sounds delish - V x

6. Zimara

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.36%)
    Diet:
    Atkins - ANA
    I saw a thread that said asda minted lamb shanks in gravy were free.

7. Zimara

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.36%)
    Diet:
    Atkins - ANA
  8. Sophi

Sophi Member

Start Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I too struggle with this,I go to uni in the evenings which is an hour long journey away,and I don't get home til about 9pm! Theres a waitrose near my uni where I usually pick up a look what we found meal (Welcome to Look What We Found!) think they do them in sainsburys and tesco too.Some of them are higher in syns,but most are 1-3.Not much in them but if you add lots of vegetables or salad they are enough :)

Hope this helps!

9. j4ckos mate

j4ckos mate Full Member

take some tuna in a tin and some veg or a tin of ratatouille

10. j4ckos mate

j4ckos mate Full Member

some decent ham on weightwatchers bread, morissons eat smart saus, cut up with lots of salad. and orange an apple and a banana.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.